Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:37 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Totally agree. All the cards are different. So you never know. YMMV on all kinds of offers. Like you I wasn't target for the 80K PC card but my husband was. Go figure! He isn't remotely interested in my hobby and surely doesn't want me taking cc out in his name.

Originally Posted by pete4abw
It really depends. If it is a targeted Credit Card solicitation, the offer is not public and if you call you can't receive the offer without an invitation code wed to your name. For example, I called the number for the 50K promotion and said I know there's a 70K promotion and I would like that. The agent looked and looked but 50K was all she could see. She said, and I agree, that without a specific invitation code, the offer cannot be forced.

The Sapphire card is not a loyalty card so the terms may be different as to what can be offered to the consumer. Loyalty cards behave differently. It was like that with the PC card which had an 80K promotion and the world could only see 60K. No one who did not get an invite could get the 80K. I got the invite for that one and wanted to try and extract a link for general use. But try as I might, without the offer code, which had my name already in the system, 60K was all I could see.

Generic cards are easier to game.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by slotownmomma
Originally Posted by User Name
Those who read FT regularly will know that Chase tends to target offers properly - so no links or codes will be available on FT and 'copy' will only be provided if someone who was targeted takes the time to copy/paste text or edit an image from their e-mail (but omitting their own details). Chase showed from the recent Sapphire thread that it is not up for 'bumping' bonuses either for those not targeted.
I'm sorry but I'll have to kindly disagree with you based upon personal experience. Chase does bump bonuses and I myself applied for the Chase Sapphire 50K and bump the bonus within hours for another 50K which posted to my account immediately.......all with out the card even in in hot little hands.
User Name is correct. Chase used to bump up bonuses upon request if a better offer came out within ~90 days of your application. After the Sapphire Preferred fiasco, where people were bumped up to match a targeted offer (rather than a public offer), its been reported that Chase doesn't bump up any longer, especially for targeted offers.

Originally Posted by slotownmomma
I read FT thread daily and I'm very up on things going on here.
This change occured a little over a month ago, as User Name said, read more in the recent Chase Sapphire Preferred thread

Last edited by MyTravels; Aug 14, 2011 at 10:38 am
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
I just got the Marriot Premier card in June, sent a secure message and after about a week they got back to me to say that they are crediting me the additional points. Thanks OP!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:54 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Looks like Chase is still bumping!!! Remember one person experience is not necessarily another person's. YMMV
Good for you! And thanks for the info. I think I'll give it a try later in the year. Already had 4 Chase cards this year so I need to cool it!!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by snuggliestbear
I just got the Marriot Premier card in June, sent a secure message and after about a week they got back to me to say that they are crediting me the additional points. Thanks OP!

snuggliestbear:

I'm just trying to clarify this:

You applied for the 50,000 point promotion and you were bumped up to 70,000 per your request?

I just applied and was approved for the 50,000 last week, so I could possibly do the same.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 6:24 pm

Just tried the bump since my 1st statement has not even been sent yet under the 50K program. I have low expectations but high hopes.

At least I took the shot.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by diogenes2011
snuggliestbear:

I'm just trying to clarify this:

You applied for the 50,000 point promotion and you were bumped up to 70,000 per your request?

I just applied and was approved for the 50,000 last week, so I could possibly do the same.
Technically I received 2 bumps - when I applied the offer was 50k and I had to pay the annual fee right away. Then the 50k offer w/ the first year free came along and I asked for the credit for that and got it. Then when I saw this thread I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. It took them a while to get back to me, but they say they will credit the points. They said it would be at the end of the billing cycle, so I'll report back if they don't come through on what they said.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 4:36 pm

Well, I tried over the phone to get bumped, but the CSR refused to budge.

What exactly is a secure message and how do I send one?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: WN A-List+ w/CP, Delta, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by diogenes2011
Well, I tried over the phone to get bumped, but the CSR refused to budge.

What exactly is a secure message and how do I send one?
Log into your account, and along the left-hand side of the screen you should see a small blue banner that says "Secure Message Center" and below that the link to send a new message. I just sent one off...hoping for the best!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by jls886
I just sent one off...hoping for the best!
Just received a message that I will receive 20,000 additional points on my next billing statement. Thanks OP!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:47 am

Question

Just received a message that I will receive 20,000 additional points on my next billing statement. Thanks OP!
How did you word your message? I think that's pretty important to getting a positive result.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by kleintalk
How did you word your message? I think that's pretty important to getting a positive result.
I don't want to copy my message verbatim for obvious reasons. I stated that I'm new to the card and thus far have been very happy with the rewards and customer service. But...I now understand there is an offer for 70,000 points compared to my 50,000 point offer. I mentioned that since my application was so recent (May) if there was a way to switch my offer to the 70,000 point one. Also mentioned that had I been aware of the higher point offer at the time of my application I would have gone with it (though I fully know this offer wasn't available at that time). I just asked for consideration and was provided with extremely quick and more than satisfactory customer service. Chase is doing well by me today!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
I don't want to copy my message verbatim for obvious reasons. I stated that I'm new to the card and thus far have been very happy with the rewards and customer service. But...I now understand there is an offer for 70,000 points compared to my 50,000 point offer. I mentioned that since my application was so recent (May) if there was a way to switch my offer to the 70,000 point one. Also mentioned that had I been aware of the higher point offer at the time of my application I would have gone with it (though I fully know this offer wasn't available at that time). I just asked for consideration and was provided with extremely quick and more than satisfactory customer service. Chase is doing well by me today!
As another data point: I sent a very similar secure e-mail for a recent application (first statement closed last Friday) and was also given the extra 20k.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by DragonMartini
As another data point: I sent a very similar secure e-mail for a recent application (first statement closed last Friday) and was also given the extra 20k.
Thanks for posting about your experience! I hope this is just standard operating procedure for them...

I'll have to give this a try. haven't had much luck in the CC dept lately though...
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:04 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
I was just about to apply for the card using the link with 50,000 points. Any ideas as to how to apply and get the 70,000 without having to lobby for it later?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.