Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2008, 9:36 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, NWA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Do any of the Portland,OR or Vancouver,WA properties have space for boat parking? I'm going salmon fishing on the Columbia river in a couple weeks and will need 2 nights lodging nearby.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, National Executive
The Waterfront Marriott in Portland is across the street from a marina. I don't know if it has public access though.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah no sure about the Marina access... I think its private but not entirely sure. There is a nice Residence Inn next to the Marina area also.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
I have stayed at the Courtyard in Tigard and its fantastic. Its really close to the (1/2 mile) Fairfield Lake Oswego but way nicer ... A bit more expensive than the Fairfield but worth it !! Newly renovated with big flat screens in every room, something I rarely see in full service properties.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat, Marriott Plat
Thumbs up PDX Downtown Marriott drops the ball, comes back with great SAVE!

I checked in last night (after some AA/AS cancellations and rerouting) I was expecting an upgraded room (since I had called about my late arrival and promised and upgrade), my "Gift", and to just get to my room and sleep.

1.- At checkin no recognition of Status and no offer of Plat Arrival Gift.
2.- Told that I was "Upgraded" to the Concierge Level.
3.- When I reach my room, Keys don't work
4.- Back down to the Front Desk, new keys, go up, again don't work
5.- Back down, FD sends someone from the Bell Desk, my keys don't work, his does
6.- Room is next to the elevator, with a wonderful view of the parking-lot and tiny.
7.- Noisy neighbors and I can hear everything so ask for a 7:30 AM wake-up call and finally get to sleep
8.- 7:30-- No wake-up call at all.

Today:
-- As I am going to the FD to voice my concerns I run into one of the Managers and chat on the way down about my issues.
-- She takes me to the FD and asks the supervisor to look into my issues while she is standing with me.
-- They tell me that they automatically gave me the points for my amenity as I arrived late (no kitchen was not closed), but said they would be happy to send up another gift while keeping the points in the account
-- I don't feel right asking for the 100 bucks so I take their suggestion.
-- They also move me to a different room with a nice river view which makes me more content but still without a high opinion of the property
-- He then tells me that he will look into the wake-up call and call me at the new room.
-- When he does, he admits they made a mistake and asks me what he could possibly do to make it up. I say I have no idea...
-- The supervisor then asks if I or my company is paying for the room, and I say its out of my own pocket so he then offers to credit me for one night. WOW!
-- This commitment was a 180 for me and made me go from annoyed at Marriott to again feeling appreciated as a Plat Member ^^^

Another plus is the Concierge at the Lounge is also great at this property.

Happily writing this from the CL at the Portland Downtown Marriott Waterfront.
Old May 1, 2008, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Your report sounds like they made an effort to fix their problems. I am wondering if they give coupons on the weekend for breakfast. In another thread, one guy reported in 2006 that his partner did not get coupons as a platinum member, while someone else in a different thread reported receiving coupons in 2005.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Portland OR - Downtown or Waterfront Marriott?

I have an upcoming trip to Portland, OR and am looking at either the Portland Downtown Marriott, or the Marriott Waterfront.
I've stayed at the Waterfront one before (awesome bed), but never the Downtown one.

Anyone have any experience and opinion on these? I'll be there midweek so should get the upgrade to the CL.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I've stayed at both... I prefer the Downtown as it is closer to the bars and the restaurants downtown (of course).

The Waterfront is pretty sweet and offers great views though.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Any updates for Portland, OR?

City or Waterfront?

From the past it seems that Waterfront was bit dated. Did they remodel? Plat experience with upgrades for any?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Stayed at this hotel in Aug. Not so thrilled. Room request seemed to go astray. Friendly front desk people though. I actually felt it was drab and moved on to another hotel not of the Marriott chain.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by 3galsontour
Stayed at this hotel in Aug. Not so thrilled. Room request seemed to go astray. Friendly front desk people though. I actually felt it was drab and moved on to another hotel not of the Marriott chain.
Which one? City or Waterfront?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Sorry - Waterfront.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
We've always stayed at the City Center. Besides the fact that our favorite wine bar (Oregon Wine on Broadway) is right across the street, many of the nice restaurants are within walking distance. The MAX light rail system is nearby as well. They do have a concierge lounge, although Peet's coffee is right downstairs for real coffee. Upgrade is kind of hit and miss, although last time we did get upgraded to a suite (1 out of 4 times). Also, they had some issues with EEO certificate, but it was all resolved by the time we checked out.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stay at the City Center a few months ago. Got upgraded to CL floor, nice lounge, great location. Stayed at the Waterfront a year ago, nice location as well, just not directly in the middle of the city. Very comfy beds. Personally I'd say its a tossup, go for whichever you get a better deal.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, United Silver
Which hotel for PDX?

Hi all, for the first day of a trip to Portland we will just be staying near the airport to chill after a morning arrival. Which airport hotel do you guys recommend: CY, SH, or FI? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.