Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Register for Fall 2013 MegaBonus by November 15, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Initial list copied from post 82. Please add any additional alternate offers you may have gotten.

Marriott has now announced the 2013 Megabonus Promotion and you are able to sign up immediately. From what I can tell here are the options available to you though you will already be assigned to one of these options when you sign into your Marriott account. Option 1 is open to anyone.

1. Free night category 1-5 certificate for every two stays. Maximum of two free night certificates.

2. 25,000 bonus points after 15 nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights for total of 40,000 bonus points for 20 nights.

3. 25,000 bonus points after 12 nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 18 paid nights for total of 40,000 bonus points for 18 nights.

4. 35,000 bonus points after 20 nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 25 paid nights for total of 50,000 bonus points for 25 nights.

You can also sign up at MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus2013.
Print Wikipost

Register for Fall 2013 MegaBonus by November 15, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:48 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Im my account nothing is showing up... my fiance got the promotion and did sign up already..

one question - Will a stay from 15th to 16th January count ?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: LT NoN REV
Originally Posted by Major G
Still showing "No new promotions" for this Plat. This is just like Unexpected Bonus. Annoying that I have to call for something like this.
+1
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: US Airways - Chairman, Delta - Platinum, Marriott - Platinum, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Platinum
35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points.

And most importantly, its nice not to have to worry about an opt-out list as all my eligible Hilton and SPG hotels in the Cincy area have opted out of the current promos.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Originally Posted by cln
Im my account nothing is showing up... my fiance got the promotion and did sign up already..

one question - Will a stay from 15th to 16th January count ?
see post 70 above. that was asked with the example of the current "unexepected bonus" ending Sept 2.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
two stays = cat 1-5 cert
up to two

I can live with that ^
+1, that is what I got. I've never gotten a cert offer as a platinum before though. I'll take it though.

Karma is funny though b/c I just booked a work trip for Sept 3-13. I seem to hit the Sept 1-15 and Jan 15-31 windows way too often.

Last edited by trekwars2000; Aug 7, 2013 at 1:47 pm
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I was free nights not points (my offer was 25,000 after 15 nights plus another 15,000 after 20 nights).

This offer turned me off so much this summer, I stayed at way more Hiltons than Marriott.

Is there a way of getting them to switch the promotions as they seem to be targeted who gets free nights versus who gets points?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Thumbs up Marriott Announces 4th Quarter 2013 MegaBonus Promotion

Marriott has now announced the 2013 Megabonus Promotion and you are able to sign up immediately. From what I can tell here are the options available to you though you will already be assigned to one of these options when you sign into your Marriott account. Option 1 is open to anyone.

1. Free night category 1-5 certificate for every two stays. Maximum of two free night certificates.

2. 25,000 bonus points after 15 nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights for total of 40,000 bonus points for 20 nights.

3. 25,000 bonus points after 12 nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 18 paid nights for total of 40,000 bonus points for 18 nights.

4. 35,000 bonus points after 20 nights + additional 15,000 bonus points after 25 paid nights for total of 50,000 bonus points for 25 nights.

You can also sign up at MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus2013.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Wonder what distinguishes whether you get offer 2 or 3.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold, WN CP, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by Long Distance
I was free nights not points (my offer was 25,000 after 15 nights plus another 15,000 after 20 nights).

This offer turned me off so much this summer, I stayed at way more Hiltons than Marriott.

Is there a way of getting them to switch the promotions as they seem to be targeted who gets free nights versus who gets points?
The last two promotion I called and got it switched from nights get points to stays get certificates. It wasn't a problem at all. Just call your elite customer service line.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Having waited until the very last day to register for the summer promo, I discovered an interesting quirk. Apparently the computer systems the agents use consider an expiration date to be at the beginning of that day, while the web site assumes the end of the day. The res agent tried to register me first and then passed me to a seemingly-knowledgeable c/s agent, who explained that all of their certificate and promo dates seem to work the same way. He was intrigued when I was able to register myself on the web site while talking with him.

By the way, the reason I called in the first place was because I didn't want the nights/points promo I'm always offered. The agent gave me a choice of the 2xcat5 or 3xcat4 promos and signed me up (for the first one) with no trouble. Given that the switching requires extra manual work to sign me up and then override the system at the end of the promo, it sure seems like they should either ban switching outright or automate the choice for high-level elites. Goals I doubt I can reach are not motivating, but when I get to choose the best promo for me, it often does influence my hotel choice.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Oh great, Marriott. Just wonderful. I'm still worried about how far I'm going to get in the Unexpected Bonus promo-- I'm at 19 nights right now and not certain whether I can get to 25 within the next 4 weeks to maximize the bonus or I'll have to settle for the 20 night tier-- and now you've given me a whole new promo to agonize over. You really know how to be harsh.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Interesting, this promo seems to be all over the place...here's mine:

•Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion by November 15, 2013 will earn 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 bonus points after 18 paid nights – up to a maximum of 40,000 bonus points for stays made between September 15, 2013 and January 15, 2014, at participating Marriott properties.

To be honest, I would much rather get the cat 5 certificates, as there are several hotels we use on a fairly regular basis that are cat 5s...oh well.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Got 2 Cat 5 certs for Unexpected Bonus, and just saw I was signed up for the same promo for the Mega Bonus.

I am happy, now to see when my stays are in Sept... unfortunately, I believe my stays are from the 10th to 14th of September. lol. oh well. Will have to get something cheap, make a quick trip to Florida. Fortunately, my annual conference in January in Vegas... as long as I can get there a day or two earlier, will get me at least 3 or 4. So... yay, 2 more free Cat 5 certificates.

Saving these for travel to Russia. A Cat 5 is pretty much any nice Marriott in Moscow or St. Petersburg, equivalent to $350 to $400 a night at some times.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
recently returned from both Moscow/St Pete and think you'll find that your Cat 5's (which include lower catagory) certs are only valid at 4 non-central Moscow props and the CY's in St Pete....... (didn't stay at any of them choosing to bite the bullet)..........

Originally Posted by maksimfa
Got 2 Cat 5 certs for Unexpected Bonus, and just saw I was signed up for the same promo for the Mega Bonus.

I am happy, now to see when my stays are in Sept... unfortunately, I believe my stays are from the 10th to 14th of September. lol. oh well. Will have to get something cheap, make a quick trip to Florida. Fortunately, my annual conference in January in Vegas... as long as I can get there a day or two earlier, will get me at least 3 or 4. So... yay, 2 more free Cat 5 certificates.

Saving these for travel to Russia. A Cat 5 is pretty much any nice Marriott in Moscow or St. Petersburg, equivalent to $350 to $400 a night at some times.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Long Distance

I find this frustrating as well. It seems like Marriott tries to bump things up and up depending on previous activity. First you get a 15 night promo, then if you complete that you get a 20 night promo, then 25. I got a 25 night promo for the summer and switched all of my activity over to IHG and stayed only two nights this summer, so it has had the opposite effect as they intended. Sorry, Marriott, you shouldn't have tried to be so cute. I called a week ago and got switched over to the 'stay 2 get a night' promo for the end of the summer, but the fall bonus offered was again for the 25 night promo. I'm going to call and get it switched to something lower, but it's frustrating and I told them that. I don't know if it will make any difference going forward, but that's about it. If you don't like what they give you, you have to call and negotiate for something more suitable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.