Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2004, 4:57 pm

Location: Narberth, PA USA--US Airways Chairman's Preferred- Platinum Level Marriott, Hyatt Diamond
LH738, my total number of nights for 2003 no longer shows on the Marriott website. However, I believe that I had about 163 nights last year. Approximately, 90% of them were in full service hotels. I have been Platunum for about 5 years. The letter that I received with the Platinum Premier package just congratulates me on being a loyal patron. It does not indicate the qualifications that were needed for the level? Weird.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 6:05 pm

Got my card a couple of weeks ago.

I stayed 160 nights last year. 50% domestic, 50%Int'l. Spent roughly $50K including room, tax, pay per view etc...

Used the new res number to get a room in Houston for the SuperBowl, even got a nice upgrade at the Galleria.

So far, so good
Old Feb 8, 2004, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by frielca:
The main, or only, differences that I noted was that I received a new card.... I do, however, like the new card. Much more fun and colorful that the standard platinum card!</font>
But that's what it's all about isn't it? Forget the upgrades, the special treatment, the dedicated lines. All I want is The Card. I need The Card....
Old Feb 9, 2004, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Feb 11, 2004, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
Those of you with Platinum Premiere status.

Does the wesite say as such, or continue to just say "Platinum"?

Old Feb 24, 2004, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Million Miler, Hertz President's Circle
Platinum Premier Upgrade

It may be coincidence but I am writing this from the Presidential Suite in the San Ramon Marriott. When I needed assistance with a key the staff said that they had never seen a "Platinum Premier" member.

My fifth year as Platinum and my first upgrade.

--Dave
Old Feb 24, 2004, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by javaman:
It may be coincidence but I am writing this from the Presidential Suite in the San Ramon Marriott. When I needed assistance with a key the staff said that they had never seen a "Platinum Premier" member.

--Dave
</font>
Hmmm. Room 670 IIRC. One of the biggest hotel rooms I've ever been in. I had that room 3 times in my 80 straight weeks in San Ramon. I think they rotated it among the 20 regulars we had there every week. Very nice.

Lemme guess - oil company or telecomm company... I was working with the oil company.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 10:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Million Miler, Hertz President's Circle
LOL, the oil company. 670 and 644. The suite really needs a Plasma TV.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by javaman:
It may be coincidence but I am writing this from the Presidential Suite in the San Ramon Marriott. </font>
That's a schweeeeeeeet room. I remember it well.
Old May 4, 2004, 11:33 am
TUFBEAR

Originally Posted by CPRich
But that's what it's all about isn't it? (more colorful Platinum card) Forget the upgrades, the special treatment, the dedicated lines. All I want is The Card. I need The Card....
^

Old May 4, 2004, 12:23 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Platinum Premier Level

Quite a few quesions about the Platinum Premier level-so let's see if I can answer some them.

Plat Premier is our newest level for those members who are in the top percentage of the elite program. We haven't done much advertising for it (since it's new and was offered to a limited number for testing purposes).

The current requirements are 125+ personal paid nights with at least 2 prior years of Platinum level membership.

All accounts will be assessed once a year to determine Premier membership, and our representatives in the various customer service offices are unable to add someone to this top level.

The benefits of Platinum Premier include all existing Platinum benefits and a special phone line dedicated solely to our Premier members. The representatives answering this line have the ability to help with travel plans, make Marriott hotel reservations, as well as maintaining Marriott Rewards account information.

As time goes on, we hope to include additional benefits to this level.

All your suggestions have been noted! I, for one, appreciate your feedback on what our best guests really want in a recognition program.

Chris
Old May 5, 2004, 12:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Darlings all, you don't WANT to be the new level - if you are, it means you're spending too much time away from home!

But - if you must spend that much time away, then heck you should get lots (and I think if someone's done 100ngiths/year for 5 years should also get consideration but that's just me & I'm telling you upfront I'm not that person, so no personal involvement on my recommendation.
Old May 5, 2004, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Marriott Platinum Premier reminds me a good deal of United Global Services - a program for the top few percentage of travellers that really doesn't offer anything extra as a matter of policy, but can often get you the world depending on the person you are dealing with.

I'll be interested to hear individual's experiences over the year.
Old May 5, 2004, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Will there be a way to earn Platinum Premier Emeritus status, just with higher point and night thresholds than Platinum Emeritus?
Old May 6, 2004, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Marriott Platinum Premier reminds me a good deal of United Global Services - a program for the top few percentage of travellers that really doesn't offer anything extra as a matter of policy, but can often get you the world depending on the person you are dealing with.

I'll be interested to hear individual's experiences over the year.
I suppose I am not cut out to be Marriott PP. I am not cut out to be UAL UGS either. I just have to face it, I am just a second rate frequent traveler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.