Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
"Marriott International has announced the opening of a dual-branded project comprising a 120-key Courtyard and a 200-key Residence Inn property in downtown Phoenix."
Why "120-key" and "200-key"? Used to be they'd just say "120 room" or "120 rooms and suites". Is "-key" more sexy or hip or something?

David
Old May 9, 2017, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DELee
Why "120-key" and "200-key"? Used to be they'd just say "120 room" or "120 rooms and suites". Is "-key" more sexy or hip or something?

David
LOL...I wondered that too. First time I've seen it that way. At Residence Inn, we often ask for four keys, so at least on some nights, that one is a 203-key property.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to stay in the Phoenix with my wife area in November? The details:
-scheduled to arrive into PHX at 7:45 pm
-Heading to Flagstaff the next day
-most likely booking with points
-will have a car
-open to Marriott or Starwood

Basically I am looking for a nice place to sleep with comfortable beds that is quiet. Breakfast included is a plus, but not necessary. Don't want to be in a seedy neighborhood. Somewhere with 15 minutes of the airport would be ideal, but willing to travel a little farther if it is on the way north. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to stay in the Phoenix
Courtyard Phoenix Camelback would fit your needs. About 10 min north of Sky Harbor off AZ51 & Camelback Rd. Lots of restaurants and shopping in the area.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
Courtyard Phoenix Camelback would fit your needs. About 10 min north of Sky Harbor off AZ51 & Camelback Rd. Lots of restaurants and shopping in the area.
Thanks. Any idea how it compares to the Courtyard Phoenix North or the Aloft Phoenix Airport?
Old May 25, 2017, 2:30 pm

Thanks. Any idea how it compares to the Courtyard Phoenix North or the Aloft Phoenix Airport?
Courtyard Phoenix North is on I 17 in an office park across from a dying mall. First Watch and Outback in walking distance. Aloft is in the hotel zone along 44th St... not much else there. Hotels are fine, but not the safest areas.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"keys" is an industry term, can also be better than labeling suites/villas/etc "rooms"

for those with lots of points, SPG has Phoenician, canyon suites, Phoenician residences

and SPG good for earning marriott after conversion
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
Courtyard Phoenix North is on I 17 in an office park across from a dying mall. First Watch and Outback in walking distance. Aloft is in the hotel zone along 44th St... not much else there. Hotels are fine, but not the safest areas.
Thanks. Any thoughts/experience with Residence Inn Phoenix North/Happy Valley?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I have not stayed but looks to be in a quiet neighborhood, newer, with good reviews. I'd say thats a win.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:58 pm

Far north suburbia, next to a couple of outdoor shopping centers. Around 35 minutes from PHX at nite just off I-17.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
we stayed for a couple nights earlier this year to visit some family who live about five minutes away. Far from center town but it was okay as a Residence Inn, clean, friendly staff, we did not try but they had evening dinner one of the nights we were there, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. The mall within a five minutes walk had some good casual restaurants, so overall a good place to stay, IF u r okay with a remote location.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:20 pm

Looking at a 5 night redemption stay for leisure on points...from reading this thread the "best" options are at one of the JW Resorts - Desert Ridge or Camelback.

Based on experience, would anyone here choose the Marriott McDowell over one of the JW Resorts?
In addition to saving some points, the Marriott McDowell doesn't have a resort fee ($35), elites get their breakfast benefit and the hotel doesn't charge for self-parking. Am I crazy to even think about choosing this hotel over one of the JW Resorts?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hockeyfan12
Am I crazy to even think about choosing this hotel over one of the JW Resorts?
Not crazy, it just depends on your priorities and budget.

The Camelback Inn has been described as the "jewel" of the Marriott system and I agree with that. It is a very special, historic resort in an unbeatable location. You won't get charged for parking there; they may or may not waive the resort fee (I'm about 50%). You definitely will not get a free breakfast, but the buffet at Rita's is reasonably priced at $26.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Like Kacee said, it depends on what you're looking for. I was a very frequent guest at the McDowell Mountains Marriott about ten years ago. I was traveling there on business and just needed a nice place to sleep, a decent (free) breakfast, and good customer service--it was the best choice for those. If you want resort-like amenities, it won't deliver.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:59 pm

Thanks for the advice.
Looks like the Camelback has some weird blackout policy on point stays, so that narrows it down to the Desert Ridge and Marriott McDowell.
The resort amenities of the Desert Ridge are appealing, and the McDowell does look a bit aged and the airport noise seems to be a common complaint.
There's just something about paying a resort fee (even if possibly reduced for elites) that irks me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.