Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Wow! That's crazy that people are saying different things. Did you explain that it's a mortgage bill and volunteer to provide your statement?

I wonder if they will only fix those who sent multiple big payments vs those who did 5+ $100 payments for example.
No idea, I think the fact that I used two accounts to pay them, yeah yeah dumb, is what is pissing them off - too bad, I lose!
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:42 am

Hmm.. I ran 8x$200 to my mortgage on 5/20. I'm curious if they've shut my billing account down. Wonder if I should wait until 6/21 or a bit thereafter to check.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:45 am

I am wondering if it is worth calling Chase and asking for a new mortgage number, or would that just piss off evolve more! My guess is walk away with head held LOW and be happy I am still in the game for - hopefully - new cool things to come....
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by raccah
I am wondering if it is worth calling Chase and asking for a new mortgage number, or would that just piss off evolve more! My guess is walk away with head held LOW and be happy I am still in the game for - hopefully - new cool things to come....
It may be worth keeping your head low for right now. Who knows? Once they get this all settled out, they may fix it. I mean we all know that sometimes things happen between the scenes and the people in the call center are completely clueless about or have no control. Therefore, they can't help you (i.e. Amex GCs or Arrival's World Elite cards).
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:54 pm

Evolve just shut me down due to an error on their part. I was making my usual four payments to my car loan, when I accidentally made two transactions two close in time together, resulting in an error message stating that the payment hadn't gone through. Because that payment had failed, I made an additional one to pay the bill off.

Well, now I'm suspended from ever paying a bill to that account again -- because of a bug in THEIR system.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:13 pm

Its not a bug. U must wait 10 minutes b/t like payment amounts
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:18 pm

I consider a payment system that requires a timer to have a bug. Regardless I made four payments, not five.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfmom
I consider a payment system that requires a timer to have a bug. Regardless I made four payments, not five.
So we all need to revise our four "payment" monthly limits to four "attempts" per month.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:18 pm

What u consider a bug, Evolve considers an element of design
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:21 pm

So contact support and ask them to unban that biller for you. To save yourself headache in the future, I'd recommend reading the wiki which is pretty short and clearly says:

If you want to repeat the same payment amount again, wait 10 minutes between each payment.
It's also worth reading this post by FM which is quite good.

I think evolve went about the changes the wrong way, but glad to see they are going to make it easier to pay mortgages going into the future.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
So contact support and ask them to unban that biller for you. To save yourself headache in the future, I'd recommend reading the wiki which is pretty short and clearly says:

It's also worth reading this post by FM which is quite good.

I think evolve went about the changes the wrong way, but glad to see they are going to make it easier to pay mortgages going into the future.
I was totally aware of the timing thing. I was chatting with my daughter and did it automatically without thinking. The delicacy of this system, and MS in general, can be a pain.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:23 am

I have a Chase mortgage that's over $2,000 but under $2,500

If I sent $2,000 to Chase via evolve near the end of the billing cycle on a Friday/Saturday will Chase

A) Apply that to the principal because it's not a full payment?
B) Apply the $2,000 to the mortgage payment due and wait on the remainder?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I got the acct suspended for the month email yesterday. I had forgotten that I even did 4 payments this month. I was just trying to get rid of Mail-In-Rebate non-pinnable gift cards. The good thing though is that I had used 2 of them a couple of days before to pay a bill in person via credit cuz I assumed I could still use MasterCard for Evolve. Then was mad at myself for not hanging on to them after I realized I couldn't. So turns out it's a good thing I didn't have those extra cards b/c then I probably would have been banned forever.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I think the timer prevents their average customer from accidently making a double payment, its a simple tech solution to eliminate the CSR have having to constantly field calls about paying twice and wanting a refund of one payment. CSR cost additional money so if you can use tech to eliminate an error all the better,
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
It's not a bug if it was known before hand and the way the system should work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.