Barclays - $2

No Amex (including fidelity)
No Citi
No Capital One
Print Wikipost

Bill Pay at 7-11 ATM

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:20 am

If MVD cards work for this Bill pay for Chase cards then it could be a great hassle free unloading of MVD, no BB, no need of MO, and no need to deal with cashiers. But alas, there is a $2 fees, worth it for minimum spend not for MS?

I would also like to know if anyone is still actively doing this?
Old May 26, 2014, 7:09 pm

OV works for this. You can pay Amex and WF. You're welcome.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:28 pm

double post

Last edited by flyertalkingallday; May 27, 2014 at 6:07 pm
Old May 26, 2014, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by BussingIt
OV works for this. You can pay Amex and WF. You're welcome.
Would definitely be useful to those who cannot find a store that allows them to unload OVs.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
Would definitely be useful to those who cannot find a store that allows them to unload OVs.
No split transactions is a bummer. Makes it 4x+ the cost of a $2000 WM BP...
Old May 27, 2014, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by youngmoneyhack
No split transactions is a bummer. Makes it 4x+ the cost of a $2000 WM BP...
actually, 5x. pity, as i REALLY need a way to pay Amex from VGC's in a way that doesn't involve VGC->MO->depositing money orders.
Old May 27, 2014, 7:49 am

The fee is not really the issue as much as attempting to scale this and make 40 500 dollar payments to Amex and not expect some backlash. Great idea poor scale, pass
Old May 27, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by raccah
The fee is not really the issue as much as attempting to scale this and make 40 500 dollar payments to Amex and not expect some backlash. Great idea poor scale, pass
If you are able to pay the $2 fee for every $1K with 1 DC then its not too bad especially since WM doesn't allow Amex BP anymore. It really only makes sense for folks who don't live near a WM who want another BP option after maxing out BB/Serve OR if they want to pay Amex CCs which isn't allowed anymore at WM. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense unless its one of those folks that detests WM so much that they are willing to try another option just to not have to step into a WM.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
If you are able to pay the $2 fee for every $1K with 1 DC then its not too bad especially since WM doesn't allow Amex BP anymore. It really only makes sense for folks who don't live near a WM who want another BP option after maxing out BB/Serve OR if they want to pay Amex CCs which isn't allowed anymore at WM. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense unless its one of those folks that detests WM so much that they are willing to try another option just to not have to step into a WM.
Yea.. I have 18 trillion 7-11s around me, all within a few minutes. WM is a bit more of a trek (not to mention dealing with crowds). Paying $2 to save 15-30 minutes of time might be worth it for me.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by unkinected
Yea.. I have 18 trillion 7-11s around me, all within a few minutes. WM is a bit more of a trek (not to mention dealing with crowds). Paying $2 to save 15-30 minutes of time might be worth it for me.
I am definitely going to be trying this out especially if this is a good method to dump my Tmobile card funds and need to pay my Amex CC. Between WM's $1.88 BP fee and the Citibank ATM $2 BP fee the difference is really negligible. The downside is that you are capped at $1K for $2 BP fee while WM you can do about $2K for $1.88 BP fee. Not going to stress it that much if it means I can pay Amex cards.
Old May 27, 2014, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I am definitely going to be trying this out especially if this is a good method to dump my Tmobile card funds and need to pay my Amex CC. Between WM's $1.88 BP fee and the Citibank ATM $2 BP fee the difference is really negligible. The downside is that you are capped at $1K for $2 BP fee while WM you can do about $2K for $1.88 BP fee. Not going to stress it that much if it means I can pay Amex cards.
ericdabbs - are you saying multiple small payments is not much of an issue for Amex - or are you not pounding the amex hard?? I though multiple payments to a CC provider is a clear no no!!
Old May 27, 2014, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by raccah
ericdabbs - are you saying multiple small payments is not much of an issue for Amex - or are you not pounding the amex hard?? I though multiple payments to a CC provider is a clear no no!!
Who said that? I personally don't pay off my balance as soon as transactions hit but some do to keep their balance at 0 as much as they can. I try not to make a ton of BP transactions but rather in larger amounts at a time. Obviously this 7-11 ATM makes the most sense if you are able to pay the full $1K with 1 DC and not via a bunch of $500 VGCs not only for keeping fees lowered but just number of transactions. I don't see why it would be such a problem with Amex only? Chase, Citibank, BoA, WFC, Barclays would all still have the same concerns as Amex if this were truly the case.

When you say paying multiple payments are you saying if your bill is $15K for the month that you make 1 $15K payment to your CC? Of course not, nobody has if you do any MS. Technically if you have a couple BB/Serve cards for BP or just doing WM BP you are already making "multiple payments" to the same CC provider since you are not just cutting a 1 time $15K payment to your CC. I don't pound my Amex card as hard as some others do in here but its in the 5 figures. It is expected to make "multiple payments" to the same CC especially if you do most of your MS on 1 CC.

I think you are reading into too many fear mongering stories. That is not to say that showing a bunch of $500 payments is nothing to brush off but if you are telling me showing a bunch of $1998 payments is any different then you are just kidding yourself.
Old May 27, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: 1&2
I already make at least 5-6 payments/month to my Amex from different billpay websites/areas (bb, hrb, etc). None are as small as $1K, but I don't think it would draw any attention unless someone was actually manually reviewing the account.

edit: Just wondering if it makes a difference if you do them all in the same day or different days ....
Old May 27, 2014, 2:35 pm

Agreed - I make a few small-ish payments a month, but they all exceed 2K or so. I was talking about making all 1K or less sized payments - could sound iffy, if you are doing 5 digits of any size.

David
Old May 27, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Diversification

Diversification is the key.
the more tools in my belt , the stronger I am at my Craft. this is a good Amex tool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.