Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I've visited 3 Houston area WMs this week and all 3, Kate is broken. Employees have no idea when they'll work, usually giving some excuse about waiting on a part, or something.
I used two no problems in east part of Houston today.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:40 pm

My Walmart is 24 hours and I usually go there pretty late at night. Well, this week they've started shutting off the Kate after the Customer Service desk is closed at 10pm...is that typical anywhere else??? Very annoying.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:40 pm

I don't know if the Kate was fresh off a restart, but it was very quick today. Basically no waiting in between steps, did 4 cards in 5 minutes
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
WM money kiosks always broken

I've come across a broken kate 3 times. old it trick. shut down (or in this case unplug) count to three, reboot (or plug back in). takes about 30 minutes to reboot but always works after it does. no manager code needed.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by jlynmriep
My Walmart is 24 hours and I usually go there pretty late at night. Well, this week they've started shutting off the Kate after the Customer Service desk is closed at 10pm...is that typical anywhere else??? Very annoying.
Yep. This happened where I used to live. They'd sit it down, presumably to stop MSers from loading BB or buying MOs.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:59 pm

Very weird: I went today to load some cards, before 10pm this time, and the machine was on and the screen looked normal....But there was an employee standing in front of it telling people they weren't allowed to use it. For any reason, she didn't ask what they were going to do. This walmart doesn't even have another regular ATM so there was one man very upset that he couldn't take out money. Hopefully when I go back tomorrow it will be business as usual, I'm sitting on $1000 in VGCs from the grocery store which is a lot for me and I don't like to hold on to them for this long... (I don't like to go to the cashiers at this walmart as they usually want to check the name on the "debit" card at this location.)
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:54 am

That sucks. I don't usually meet Kate that late, but I did about a month ago and she was turned on, ready and willing!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:51 am

Damn! I found a Kate about a month ago about 50 miles away that sold MO's and bought a bunch while I was in the area. Had a bunch of GC to unload yesterday and it only sold me two MO's then told me to visit the service desk. I wonder if it ran out of paper? At least I got my BB cards loaded.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:39 pm

The kate at my main store is on even if the cs desk is closed. I run after I get the kids to bed and often make a load stop at the local Walmart.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:06 pm

Would somebody mind PM'ing me about using BB? I've been using RB since I started but I've found a working Kate. I thought I'd get my wife a BB so I don't burn out my Target goodwill.

Just few basic questions to whomever can spare a few minutes for me.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by 10PN2s
Would somebody mind PM'ing me about using BB? I've been using RB since I started but I've found a working Kate. I thought I'd get my wife a BB so I don't burn out my Target goodwill.

Just few basic questions to whomever can spare a few minutes for me.
No need to PM. Just read the thread on the topic. It even has a wiki.

Problem solved.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by sechs
No need to PM. Just read the thread on the topic. It even has a wiki.
Not to mention the BB FAQ.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:03 pm

To the Indian guy behind me who broke Kate and had to have it reset out on LI, NY. PM me!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:16 pm

I finally encountered a Kate that talks louder when you plug headphones in. Silly Kate
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: NW Plat, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Furyleader
has anybody seen issue that swiping is malfunction ? I even tried with plastic bag... different serve/gobank it just won't read
Yeah, I have, and trust me.... after making the trek some 8-10 times to one of my nearest WMs only to find she was in some "admin" mode requiring a reset, just two days ago when I showed up I was elated to see her with the standard main menu screen on, momentarily leading me to believe she was once again alive and well. Unfortunately, that feeling was very short-lived as when it came time to swipe my BB card (a brand new one, in fact), ever way possible I tried swiping did nothing... she just sat there waiting with her mouth open like she was oblivious to recognizing I was there with treats to feed her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.