Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 4:23 pm

Thanks.

Last edited by zznoname; Jun 3, 2014 at 8:48 am
Old May 7, 2014, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by zznoname
Can you pay off Hyatt Chase Signature at WM Bill Pay using Vanilla One Debit card or Vanilla Visa Gift Card?

Thanks.
Yep. Just use the visa payee and swipe away.
Old May 7, 2014, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by ashap
Yep. Just use the visa payee and swipe away.
Thanks.
Old May 7, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pier11
This is the definition of S-word behavior...
Why did you hyphenate the word "sublime"?
Old May 7, 2014, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by deant
Went to one Walmart to pay a Barclay MC bill. They could not find the payee and wanted to see a bill. Left because i didn't have a copy with me. Then I went to one of the local "Neighborhood" WM to do the billpay (have been there before with no issues). Today they said that they have now been instructed to use "Financial Services" for all bill pay functions. They were able to find Barclay and do the payment but the fee was $4.99 instead of the normal $1.88. No problem with the split payment.

Any guidance on how they should actually be ringing it up?

Forgot to mention that with the "new" financial services, they actually look up the bank. In this case it was Barclay - not MasterCard.
That's odd, just yesterday I did a BP to my Barclay Arrival MC and the Checkfreepay option was available and they selected MasterCard for the $1.88 fee. Did you confirm afterward if other WMs were enforcing this selection of Financial Services or if it was just this neighborhood one?
Old May 7, 2014, 9:50 pm

My BP@WM Saturday to Capital One and Citi finally showed up tonight.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:17 pm

Was curious if anyone has any feedback on this problem. I paid $2k on a visa on Monday, successfully, but went in today to pay another $2k and the register said "invalid tender type" whenever the money center agent typed in the amount I wanted to pay and hit debit, wouldn't even allow her to swipe the card. She always handles my payments, so I think she knows what to do. Tried a second register, got the front end supervisor, they were at a complete loss. Voided the transaction twice, tried for $1999, no dice. I left and said I would try another day, but I'm unsure what to have them try...
Old May 7, 2014, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by psone
Was curious if anyone has any feedback on this problem. I paid $2k on a visa on Monday, successfully, but went in today to pay another $2k and the register said "invalid tender type" whenever the money center agent typed in the amount I wanted to pay and hit debit, wouldn't even allow her to swipe the card. She always handles my payments, so I think she knows what to do. Tried a second register, got the front end supervisor, they were at a complete loss. Voided the transaction twice, tried for $1999, no dice. I left and said I would try another day, but I'm unsure what to have them try...
Sounds like what I've been seeing lately. Staff sincerely wants to help, but no one appears to be trained properly (ie. at all) on the new system. Seeing whole stores recently upgraded to terminals that will read pin based cards too - lots of changes lately
Old May 8, 2014, 4:24 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, BA, HH, IHG
My payment sent Sun. showed up sometime in the early morning Thu(today). This is definitely not next day! Wierd thing is, on the Chase account I paid, is that the payment is not posting, but the amount due has gone down by the amount that I paid.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:47 am

My Sun (5/4) BP to Barclays Arrival showed up as pending Wed (5/7) when I checked at 11:30pm ET. This morning it has posted and funds are available.

I wonder if this is the new schedule or just glitch.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:07 am

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:16 am
Old May 8, 2014, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by fluffyCat
My Sun (5/4) BP to Barclays Arrival showed up as pending Wed (5/7) when I checked at 11:30pm ET. This morning it has posted and funds are available.

I wonder if this is the new schedule or just glitch.
That sometimes happens with my Chase Biz cards. Transactions on some Chase Biz cards will show pending, then disappear for a few days before they post. It's weird.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by psone
I just had the same problem. I was splitting payment three ways and the first card was a vanilla visa it said invalid tender after entering the pin. Has anyone paid a bill at Walmart today? I was tring to pay my citi mc.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I just had the same problem. I was splitting payment three ways and the first card was a vanilla visa it said invalid tender after entering the pin. Has anyone paid a bill at Walmart today? I was tring to pay my citi mc.
I did a $1998 BP today at WM using 4 VGC. No issues.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by fluffyCat
I did a $1998 BP today at WM using 4 VGC. No issues.
What time?

I was able to use the same card at another store for a money order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.