Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kbaum91
Yesterday I bought a 500 VGC, used the 10$ off, absolutely no problem
2 accounts at 2 Safeways today, both $10 off.

Local glitch, or other problem. I have bought the wrapped box, sports, plain black. and all designs work fine.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by sbft77
Was the $500 card you tried the same design as the one that worked before? What was the design of the one that didn't work?
And are you sure you didn't accidentally try a MasterCard instead of Visa?
\

Same design!! The pink roses. I was just posting to say the manager wouldn't let me use a CC for over $200 which is BS. The coupon works fine! I think my husbands account wasn't activated yet since I had just created it
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:37 am

\

Same design!! The pink roses. I was just posting to say the manager wouldn't let me use a CC for over $200 which is BS. The coupon works fine! I think my husbands account wasn't activated yet since I had just created it
The restriction of max $200 using a CC was because the Safeway stores didn't have chip card readers. Now the restriction is gone since they finally updated. It was all about store liability.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:04 pm

Bought two $200 FB VGC for the $10 off from two accounts then went to Staples across the street to buy the VGC on rebate this week. Total rebates/discounts = $60.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:58 pm

\

U probably didn't add the coupon to his phone number. :-) safeways near me are hit and miss on max value. Some cap at 200. My best one closed, prolly coz they only had one cashier
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
\

Oh yes, I have had store issues with a new account before. Phone rep confirmed there are delays.

I always use established Safeway accounts on these sorts of promotions. Plan ahead!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:24 pm

No issue with Promo here. No daily limit.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Oh yes, I have had store issues with a new account before. Phone rep confirmed there are delays.

I always use established Safeway accounts on these sorts of promotions. Plan ahead!
Happened to me today on my 10th Vons VGC run: input my "new" phone number but it wasn't recognized.
I'll try again later today,
JCD
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Happened to me today on my 10th Vons VGC run: input my "new" phone number but it wasn't recognized.
I'll try again later today,
JCD
It worked when I tried again the next morning.
Now it looks like the deal was pulled out 5 days early and no longer shows up with new accounts.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by Zgirl
The restriction of max $200 using a CC was because the Safeway stores didn't have chip card readers. Now the restriction is gone since they finally updated. It was all about store liability.
Not all Safeways have Chip Readers yet. I was in one in northern California last week that was still swipe only and no chip reading hardware even installed.

The $200 gift card limit with a credit card signs were also posted, also, no gift cards can be sold via self checkout per signs posted there.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by storewanderer
Not all Safeways have Chip Readers yet. I was in one in northern California last week that was still swipe only and no chip reading hardware even installed.

The $200 gift card limit with a credit card signs were also posted, also, no gift cards can be sold via self checkout per signs posted there.
I seem to remember there being a similar rule at Target for their self-checkouts, even though they all support chip. I haven't been recently though so I could be wrong on that.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:26 am

Bought $2000 master card today, didn't expect anything but received $10 off on your next shopping coupon.
Didn't find this offer in just4u app, then searched online find the following link about the offer of 10 off 25 coupon if buying select gift cards $50 or above.
http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/safeway-gift-card-promotion/
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by savingwizard
Bought $2000 master card today, didn't expect anything but received $10 off on your next shopping coupon.
Didn't find this offer in just4u app, then searched online find the following link about the offer of 10 off 25 coupon if buying select gift cards $50 or above.
http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/safe...ard-promotion/
this has been around since last week; not too popular, rather had an instant $10 off
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:31 am

Yeah, it is not scalable. But better than nothing. The coupon I received does not mention minimum purchase, just $10 off any purchase. I'm in North CA.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by savingwizard
But better than nothing. The coupon I received does not mention minimum purchase, just $10 off any purchase.
Only takes $0.01 off until you reach $25 worth of eligible items.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.