Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by thehawk75
If you shared what said $12 item was, there might be an explanation as to why it worked.

Also forgot to mention, prescription drugs / co-pays are also excluded.
It was smart water 12 case
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:27 am
jmw

Originally Posted by raghu455
It was smart water 12 case
CRV doesn't count. 12 case has lots of CRV.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:46 am

I had a similar experience with using the $10 off coupon. I did seperate transactions in the self check line, total was around $13 and the coupon wouldn't take. The person working the self check would come over and manually put in the $10 to take the bill to $3 and then put the coupon in the garbage. Did this this three times on the same visit, something to try out if you have issues as well, ymmv.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Same thing happened last time this deal was live...I always spent just over $10, the coupon wouldn't attach, the cashier would say, "These coupons never work!", and s/he would manually take the $10 off. I find it easier to avoid the self-check out lines because I know it will require human intervention anyway.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by raghu455
I am not sure exact amount needed as I was not aware of the dairy exclusion. But I am sure it was more than $12 of groceries as I had 1 item costing $12 but coupon did not work.
Yes, dairy are excluded, as I was told by multiple cashiers.

Also, eggs are considered dairy too.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
$500 variable load is not generating the $10 coupon.
I guess safeway fixed the glitch. It was fun last time around...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
$500 variable load is not generating the $10 coupon.
I guess safeway fixed the glitch. It was fun last time around...
If you happen to need to buy a lot of groceries at Vons, then you technically have a higher return on investment with the $100 cards
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:05 pm

Just returned from Safeway. So difficult to use coupon--has to wait for manager manual override! Use the self-checkout if possible, as the cashier at self-checkout has the power to override while regulars don't.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:31 am

It is $10 off... no minimum amount to spend. Well, except $10. True, it was a hassle to redeem them as it only took off one penny and had to track down the manager for override.
I had 4 so I had to split it into 4 separate transfer and 4 separate overrides. That was fun.
Wonder why these don't scan correctly on their own
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by frogdog51
It is $10 off... no minimum amount to spend. Well, except $10. True, it was a hassle to redeem them as it only took off one penny and had to track down the manager for override.
I had 4 so I had to split it into 4 separate transfer and 4 separate overrides. That was fun.
Wonder why these don't scan correctly on their own
They make these coupons unnecessarily difficult to use probably because they want customer to give up and throw it away!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Anyone tried to use the $10 coupon to buy another $100 Visa card?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by jwudbwei
Anyone tried to use the $10 coupon to buy another $100 Visa card?
Wow, great idea! No body ever thought of that in the past near two years that they've ever run this promotion...

If you really don't know the answer, just go and look at the posts as recently as yesterday, and still on this same page.

But feel free to try... maybe you'll have a lucky day where by there will be a glitch that has since been introduced.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Wow, great idea! No body ever thought of that in the past near two years that they've ever run this promotion...

If you really don't know the answer, just go and look at the posts as recently as yesterday, and still on this same page.

But feel free to try... maybe you'll have a lucky day where by there will be a glitch that has since been introduced.
... scanning through the page ...
... scanning through posts from yesterday (ah, lots from The Hawk) ...

A lot of claims but nobody has said they tried !
Since it is not in the T&C, the only way to know is TRY. I'll let you know next week, hehe, even it is probably goign to fail
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by jwudbwei
... scanning through the page ...
... scanning through posts from yesterday (ah, lots from The Hawk) ...

A lot of claims but nobody has said they tried !
Since it is not in the T&C, the only way to know is TRY. I'll let you know next week, hehe, even it is probably goign to fail
I "tried" today. Got $100 Visa at self-check. Attendant needed to complete sale. Got the Catalina and started transaction #2. Put in $100 Visa first, entered Safeway club number, scanned coupon. Said attendant needed. I then scanned in the $11 in groceries from my cart and tried the coupon again. Attendant needed. Got attendant, who manually input discount.

I made sure not to have any of the normally excluded products (like dairy). Looks like these coupons are not behaving properly. Anyone able to use one without a cashier having to do an override?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by mithrin
I "tried" today. Got $100 Visa at self-check. Attendant needed to complete sale. Got the Catalina and started transaction #2. Put in $100 Visa first, entered Safeway club number, scanned coupon. Said attendant needed. I then scanned in the $11 in groceries from my cart and tried the coupon again. Attendant needed. Got attendant, who manually input discount.

I made sure not to have any of the normally excluded products (like dairy). Looks like these coupons are not behaving properly. Anyone able to use one without a cashier having to do an override?
Great. thank for the info. I'll try it this weekend and report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.