Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VENMO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2011, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

People: I can't do invites! I'm banned. I'd help if I could, but I can't.

So, either download the iPhone or Android app, or use one of the referral links I posted earlier.

I'm not responding to more PMs about referrals for Venmo since I just can't help beyond this info.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:45 pm

***VENMO Sucks***

Take heed, Venmo sucks. I was "frozen" and there was absolutely no (good) reason for them to do this.

The crime? I can't be sure but I was testing their system out and probably did the crime of transferring ONE DOLLAR from my account to my sons. Seriously, who would start to use this service on their own (I mean, without invite from another user) without testing it?

I'm sure Paypal or AmazonPayments will come up with a mobile edition and they won't be a PITA about it like Venmo.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
I love that my account has been frozen for weeks now, ive emailed a half dozen tims. I cant close the account ecause its frozen....

Wow
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: All of the Above
Any idea if the limit is $1200 every 30 days or every calendar month? Just curious.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:43 pm

"Credit card limits vary on an individual basis w/ a max of $2000 per calendar month

from the Venmo website:

"Venmo limits the amount of money that can be funded each month by your credit card(s). Credit card limits vary on an individual basis with a maximum of $2000 per calendar month. Your personal limit is based on perceived risk, and it applys to how much you spend per month on all your credit cards combined. "

https://help.venmo.com/customer/port...hdrawal-limits
^
Originally Posted by DavidAL
Any idea if the limit is $1200 every 30 days or every calendar month? Just curious.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 2:11 pm

I did 3 transactions of $275 ea and my acct was frozen with funds still sitting there for about 25days. Slow customer service and poor communication make this company destined for BK. Good riddance to a horribly run company.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by DavidAL
Calendar month.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Calendar month.
Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:22 am
dzt

Anyone know Venmo's phone number?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:03 am

Need help

I've used Venmo quite a bit over the last month and a half with great success. I've emailed their customer service a couple of questions and they have responded back literally within a few hours (knock on wood).

I do have a question for a venmo guru, if there is one out there. I don't want to post it publicly here, so if somebody that uses venmo a lot and has had good success with it, could you PM me so that I can inquire about something? Thank you.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I've used Venmo quite a bit over the last month and a half with great success. I've emailed their customer service a couple of questions and they have responded back literally within a few hours (knock on wood).

I do have a question for a venmo guru, if there is one out there. I don't want to post it publicly here, so if somebody that uses venmo a lot and has had good success with it, could you PM me so that I can inquire about something? Thank you.
So why don't you just post your guru question to Venmo via email? You said they will reply quickly, didn't you?

Anyway, just found out that AmazonPayments completely supports mobile payments. Make Venmo obsolete, I guess.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by dweick
It doesn't matter what you set your cash advance limit to. Banks aren't obligated to not process a cash advance if your limit is zero and credit card charges can and are recategorized by your bank without regard to your cash advance limit.

It's been discussed many times.
well it's worth a shot.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by BigEdInVancouver
So why don't you just post your guru question to Venmo via email? You said they will reply quickly, didn't you?

Anyway, just found out that AmazonPayments completely supports mobile payments. Make Venmo obsolete, I guess.
well you might need venmo if you've exceeded the limits on amazon payments.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:20 am

Could any kind FTer send me a VENMO invite? Please let me know by PM and I will give you my email address. Thanks!

Edit: Thanks for all your prompt and kind messages.

Last edited by Nelumbo; Nov 4, 2011 at 7:47 am
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Nelumbo
Could any kind FTer send me a VENMO invite? Please let me know by PM and I will give you my email address. Thanks!
PM sent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.