Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by htb
That will probably not be too expensive with a fee of 25€ according to here: http://www.bussgeldkatalog-mpu.de/bu...schwindigkeit/
Irregardless, Avis will also charge you 25-30€ for passing the driver info to the authorities. I got photographed driving 34-36 kph in a 30 zone in August and the city never sent me the Ordnungswidrigkeit, but Avis charged me for processing the enquiry from the city
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:50 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Irregardless, Avis will also charge you 25-30€ for passing the driver info to the authorities. I got photographed driving 34-36 kph in a 30 zone in August and the city never sent me the Ordnungswidrigkeit, but Avis charged me for processing the enquiry from the city
Lovely. How long does this take to "process". I assume Avis bills you for the entire amount directly?

The camera can be seen on google maps, just outside of:
Neuhof
65232 Taunusstein
Germany

But since there is no Streetview in Germany, I can't actually see what the road signs are saying. I do know there is a pedestrian crossing / red light just past the camera, where I stopped briefly, so I can't have been going that fast, if I was able to stop easily.

As a followup to prior comments, I was in no way driving recklessly, in fact I was being very cautious due to the torrential downpours on Saturday morning, if it is 25+25eu (Fine+Processing) I guess I'll live and learn.

Camera Location:
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Lovely. How long does this take to "process". I assume Avis bills you for the entire amount directly?
Nope, the people who operate the speed trap (city, county, etc etc) will contact Avis for your details. Avis will provide them, and charge you 25€+tax (aprox 29.55€) for the work.
The city/county/etc will then contact you with the invoice. Sometimes they don't, because the fine doesn't pay for the effort or the violation is minor. More about what happens in Germany and why you should pay up if the authorities contact you is discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germa...d-i-worry.html
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
Would a 3.5 hour layover be sufficient to have fun? It's been a dream of mine to drive a Porsche on the autobahn, and 99Euro is a steal.

I figure, I'll land, drive for two hours and return her at the FCT. Sound possible? I can navigate FRA easily (been there a few times) so I can probably be to the car within 25-30 mins of landing.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by XMS91
Would a 3.5 hour layover be sufficient to have fun? It's been a dream of mine to drive a Porsche on the autobahn, and 99Euro is a steal.

I figure, I'll land, drive for two hours and return her at the FCT. Sound possible? I can navigate FRA easily (been there a few times) so I can probably be to the car within 25-30 mins of landing.
Go for your dreams
Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Originally Posted by XMS91

On my TO DO list.

- Are there places nearby with no speed limits on Autobahn?
- Scenic "non-straight high way" drive with the right curves and landscape around/ not far?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
HON & F pax get 99€ Porsche 3h rentals from Avis. You can book it at the FCT or in advance: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...l=en&cid=18002
This may be in the chain already, but if like me drivers will be well jet lagged getting to FRA, good insurance for a 150 mph vehicle would be appreciated
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:40 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
On the day/time I would like to book, I can only make an On Request Reservation (cc required). Is it possible to cancel an advance reservation? And is the included CDW insurance enough to not have to be extra anal-retentive about chips, nicks, scrapes, tiny things?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by aau
On the day/time I would like to book, I can only make an On Request Reservation (cc required). Is it possible to cancel an advance reservation? And is the included CDW insurance enough to not have to be extra anal-retentive about chips, nicks, scrapes, tiny things?
My res said the same thing:

"Thanks for your online request.

Due to limited availability, your booking has been placed on request.

We will notify you by email within 72 hours to inform you whether we have
been able to confirm this request reservation."
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by ded0r
Go for your dreams
I followed the sage advice of Richard Branson.. Screw it, Let's do it!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: AA Platinum Exec / UA Gold
Just booked one for 01/28. Pretty excited. Last time I was on the AutoB I had a nice big Audi A6, which was great, but no Porsche.

Hopefully I get a 911 4S, wonder if there is a way to request that specifically…

And I hope its not snowing!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:55 am
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Originally Posted by bkkchriss4
Just booked one for 01/28. Pretty excited. Last time I was on the AutoB I had a nice big Audi A6, which was great, but no Porsche.

Hopefully I get a 911 4S, wonder if there is a way to request that specifically…

And I hope its not snowing!
I took the offer in October and got the 911 Carrera 4S. Great ride.
I spent a good 10 minutes enjoying the interior of the car before driving out of the parking lot
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:26 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Nope, the people who operate the speed trap (city, county, etc etc) will contact Avis for your details. Avis will provide them, and charge you 25€+tax (aprox 29.55€) for the work.
The city/county/etc will then contact you with the invoice. Sometimes they don't, because the fine doesn't pay for the effort or the violation is minor. More about what happens in Germany and why you should pay up if the authorities contact you is discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germa...d-i-worry.html
Avis DE billed my Amex for the 29.40€ processing fee.
85 days after.

I supposed the ticket will be mailed to my house?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope for your sake not because tickets in Germany (and in Europe in general) can be very expensive at times.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:16 am
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Avis DE billed my Amex for the 29.40€ processing fee.
85 days after.

Since your residency is outside Europe they may not bother to send you the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.