Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
No, a link to the video has already been posted in TR and eager FTers are watching it as we speak. Just go to TR and do a search for "FCT video".
I prefer to resort to hyperbole and gross exaggerations when describing my FCT maximizing to friends. A video grounds my descriptions in reality, which is foolish.

But next time I fly through I'm definitely going to take advantage of this. A 911 on the Autobahn is much better than anything the inside of the FCT has to offer. And I can exaggerate my driving prowess as well.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Anyone want to split this deal with me? And no, I'm not trying to be cheap, I surprisingly can't drive a manual.

I'll be arriving on LH 403 at 07:35 on 16 July and have until 14:00.

I last tried to drive a stick across the Spain for a week, but after struggling to get it off the lot I was forced to (although wisely) upgrade to an automatic. Sad I know.

Let me know if anyone wants to be my personal driver for the day though...

matthew
Old Jul 8, 2013, 2:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
I think the Avis porsche rentals are all with automatic transmissions.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I think the Avis porsche rentals are all with automatic transmissions.
AFAIK all the new 911 have Tiptronic which is the paddle shifting on the steering wheel or automatic settings- so no problem if you can't drive a manual and no clutch.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
AFAIK all the new 911 have Tiptronic which is the paddle shifting on the steering wheel or automatic settings- so no problem if you can't drive a manual and no clutch.
Good to know. Thank you both.

Has anyone done this? Worthwhile for a bit of excitement? I'm not really a big car guy, just thinking it could be fun... Or just a waste of cash?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: LH HON, SPG Plat
I did it 3 weeks ago -- great experience if you have never driven a Porsche 911 before (which was the case for me)
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rivlinm
Good to know. Thank you both.

Has anyone done this? Worthwhile for a bit of excitement? I'm not really a big car guy, just thinking it could be fun... Or just a waste of cash?
I think it would be fun- if you have the time to spare it is a nice way to spend a few hours in the afternoon.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:12 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I wouldn't do it while jetlagged... It's not only your life!

HTB.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The new 911 (991) is offered either in PDK or manual transmission, 7 gears in either version. However I suppose that the rental ones are PDK aka double-clutch, similar to an automatic.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:44 pm

Thinking I'll do it. Now I just have to remember not to drink...

Any route suggestions? Don't really know which of those would be best. Would like to reach a high speed at some point on the trek.

I am departing FRA on TG F so the FCT is out for me. Will they still let me drop it off at the FCT?

Feel free to PM me if anyone wants to join...
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
The authorization amount is what scares me.Is it sixt like?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by rivlinm
I am departing FRA on TG F so the FCT is out for me. Will they still let me drop it off at the FCT?
You can book it at the FRA Avis station, no need for the FCT.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by jfk747
The authorization amount is what scares me.Is it sixt like?
Didn't even think of that. I'm sure there's an insurance option...which is well in excess of the actual rental cost.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
Didn't even think of that. I'm sure there's an insurance option...which is well in excess of the actual rental cost.
The offer includes insurance:

3-hour rental including 150 km, fuel and insurance for only €99.10 – this offer applies exclusively to HON Circle Members and First Class passengers (additional charges per km: €0.99, €1,500 excess)
24-hour rental including 200 km and insurance for only €249.60 (excluding fuel)

By the way- at least in my experiences the very high level authorizations do not take place in Europe the way they do in the United States.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Does "valid boarding pass same day" and "First Class passengers" mean to be eligible for this offer if arriving in LH F (-> F boarding pass from day before) and connecting to a domestic LH C ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.