Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by makos
It is a manufacturer thing and it is has to do more with insurance premiums then laws. You can get the limitation removed by the manufacturer but your premium on your insurance will increase.
Interesting.

At least my insurance companies here in Italy don't ask for any data that they can use to discern this- they look for:
Model/Make/Model Year/Engine Size/Engine Type
Registered Drivers (if applicable)
Date of Registration

In any event- in Italy now there are so many speed cameras everywhere the only place I can see this even remotely being relevant is on the track and then the insurance purchased at least from our vendors is not valid anyway- you buy special insurance from the track that at least usually at the main venues is included in your rental time- and I am too old now for the track anymore anyway
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:45 am

Same in Poland. Our insurance doesn't even account the amount of penalty points we get from speed cameras and such.

I think the 250kph limit is considered a gentlemans agreement between BMW/Audi/MB.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
In Germany the (self imposed) 250 kmph limit applies to regular cars, only certain sportscar types get no limit, Porsche is one of them.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
In Germany the (self imposed) 250 kmph limit applies to regular cars, only certain sportscar types get no limit, Porsche is one of them.
Thanks, this is what I wanted to know.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
The offer seems to remain as an ongoing feature as it is being highlighted in the current issue of Porsche Germany customer magazine 'Christophorus'.

http://www.lufthansa.com/porsche_911
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by edyonline
Next week, I'll be flying 747-8 from ORD to FRA in F then lay over in FCT for 6 hours (arriving at 7.30am and depart at 1.35pm) to continue on 747-400 from FRA to NRT in F.

Any tips on how should I manage the time? this is my first time in FCT and I have confirmed porsche reservation. Is it true that they saved the route in the GPS?
Make sure you know how to get to the first class terminal. Basically airport exit lower level then walk down the sidewalk to it.. Check my pic of the map below. Otherwise you could waste 30+ min walking around that massive place.

The weather was kinda crappy when I was there this past thurs for my 5.5hr layover (cold and rainy with snow in higher elevations where you would want to drive)..didnt want to drive a $$$ Porsche in that lol.. I ended up hanging in the F terminal for a bit then leaving and taking a train downtown to walk around a bit..I then came back to the F terminal to eat and relax then took the Cayenne S on the tarmac to my flight.

Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:43 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

So FYI for internet reservation you apparently need at least 48 hours advance booking... and the number on the offer page( +49 6171 68 13770) doesn't seem to get answered....

So I'm going to show up tomorrow morning and see if they have a car for me... fingers crossed...
FDW
Old Mar 8, 2014, 12:45 am

Just a hypothetical question, but do you think it is possible to get them to maybe waive the age limit of 25? I am a couple years under, but have had my license for almost 5 years if that might help.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:19 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HoardZ
Just a hypothetical question, but do you think it is possible to get them to maybe waive the age limit of 25? I am a couple years under, but have had my license for almost 5 years if that might help.
I am no authority on this, but I doubt it. For their own insurance purposes, I am sure they require 25 on this auto.

Unrelated, but I wouldn't worry. There isn't a day in the last 10 years, I don't wonder what it would be like to be 23 again. Soak it up.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by HoardZ
No way, you'll have to wait a couple of years. Think about it as one of the (very few) good things of being in your late 20s (instead of early 20s).
Old May 1, 2014, 12:02 am

Can anyone suggest a scenic route for my next weeks Porsche rental?, I like scenery with some castles.

Is there an Autobahn between FRA > Worms?.
Thanks-
Old May 1, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by ual902
Can anyone suggest a scenic route for my next weeks Porsche rental?, I like scenery with some castles.

Is there an Autobahn between FRA > Worms?.
Thanks-
There are a couple of options going in that direction. See your favorite mapping program for details.

My experience on the A5 between FRA and near Worms lately is that the traffic during the day is not often conducive to a great high-speed driving experience.
Old May 1, 2014, 5:58 pm

Can I rent the porsche from the FCT? I arrive FRA from Jfk at 0530 the plan is to have breakfast at the FCT, then rent the porsche, then return the porsche to the FCT my flight FRA HND departs at 1820.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by ual902
Can I rent the porsche from the FCT? I arrive FRA from Jfk at 0530 the plan is to have breakfast at the FCT, then rent the porsche, then return the porsche to the FCT my flight FRA HND departs at 1820.
No, and since you'll have to find the FCT on foot anyway, why not stop at FCL for bfast, then go to avis (which would be pretty much along the way from your arrival to FCT) and afterwards drop the car at the FCT?
Old May 6, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lack
No, and since you'll have to find the FCT on foot anyway, why not stop at FCL for bfast, then go to avis (which would be pretty much along the way from your arrival to FCT) and afterwards drop the car at the FCT?
Exactly what I did a few months ago. However, I couldn't find the entrance to the FCT upstairs so the LH personal assistant came with me and drove it around the terminal to the upstairs entrance where the Sixt guy took over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.