Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Just a small reminder for all m&m members that there is a 2000 miles bonus for this one. I had to remind Avis as I only got the usual 500, but they replied within a few days and now credited another 1500.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:18 am

Did anyone try doing this while failing the "driver must be over 25" requirement?

Asking for a, uh, friend, obviously
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by klausa
Did anyone try doing this while failing the "driver must be over 25" requirement?
Bad idea. If there's even a small incident requiring the insurer to jump in, there are going to be questions. Both the friend "renting" the Porsche and the friend driving the Porsche will be in trouble. If you wreck the car, you'll be looking at paying retail value for the car, paying damages to third parties, paying personal injury to third parties, etc...
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:33 am

That's pretty much what I figured, thanks. I guess the ride will need to wait another year
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I'm curious if somebody recently managed to find the preprogrammed itineraries in the GPS. I followed the instructions step by step but it didn't work.

Last edited by JohnRain; Apr 4, 2017 at 5:53 am
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:39 pm

Is it faster to walk to the Avis rental station from the FCT or from the FCL A?

Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by JohnRain
Is it faster to walk to the Avis rental station from the FCT or from the FCL A?

Thanks!
From 'A'. Avis is across from the terminal to the East of A, which makes it a lot further from FCT. Avis is near P8 / Terminal 2 parking. But it's only a 5 minute walk from FCT to 'A', so it's not the end of the world if you needed to walk from FCT.

you might have to move the map with your mouse.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
From 'A'. Avis is across from the terminal to the East of A, which makes it a lot further from FCT. Avis is near P8 / Terminal 2 parking. But it's only a 5 minute walk from FCT to 'A', so it's not the end of the world if you needed to walk from FCT.
Thank you very much LufthansaFlyer, much appreciated... ^
Old May 1, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Just took advantage of this for a second time and I just have to say, what a great way to pass a layover!

The pickup process was painless -- perhaps it was that I'm Avis Presidents Club -- but it took less than 1 minute for them to process the paperwork and hand me the keys. No request for a second credit card. It was a 3 minute walk out to the garage and I was driving away from the airport 30 minutes after landing (including the dreaded remote stand bus ride that is so prevalent in FRA).

Last time I headed West and did some hill driving, but thanks to advice in this thread, this time I went south on the A5, explored the Rhine a bit, took a nice walk in a nature preserve, and sped back up the A5 (maxing out at 288 kph) to FRA. Had the car just about 2.5 hours, and it took me another 30 minutes to check the car in, pass through security and customs and settle into the Business lounge. Thanks Avis & Lufthansa!

PS: No itineraries in the GPS, but at least it was in English..
Old May 1, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Has anyone successfully tried the online reservation page recently? Flying SQ26 on Saturday and would like to get a ride in on Friday afternoon/evening but the reservation always seems to fall through.
Old May 1, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by 764toHI
Has anyone successfully tried the online reservation page recently? Flying SQ26 on Saturday and would like to get a ride in on Friday afternoon/evening but the reservation always seems to fall through.
Online reservation often doesn't work. What's more, when you try to reserve by phone, many agents aren't even aware of the promotion. I suggest to outsource the whole process to your credit card concierge (that's how I did it three weeks ago and it worked). You can read about the whole experience in my latest trip report.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by noah
Just took advantage of this for a second time and I just have to say, what a great way to pass a layover!

The pickup process was painless -- perhaps it was that I'm Avis Presidents Club -- but it took less than 1 minute for them to process the paperwork and hand me the keys. No request for a second credit card. It was a 3 minute walk out to the garage and I was driving away from the airport 30 minutes after landing (including the dreaded remote stand bus ride that is so prevalent in FRA).

Last time I headed West and did some hill driving, but thanks to advice in this thread, this time I went south on the A5, explored the Rhine a bit, took a nice walk in a nature preserve, and sped back up the A5 (maxing out at 288 kph) to FRA. Had the car just about 2.5 hours, and it took me another 30 minutes to check the car in, pass through security and customs and settle into the Business lounge. Thanks Avis & Lufthansa!

PS: No itineraries in the GPS, but at least it was in English..
Did you rent it being SEN / Flying J?
Just asking since if flying F / HON you would probably have dropped it at the FCT.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Did you rent it being SEN / Flying J?
Just asking since if flying F / HON you would probably have dropped it at the FCT.
I was flying J so no FCT for me
Old May 24, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I'm in FRA and would have loved to do a Porsche rental during my almost 6h layover from 4-10pm. But the evening rush hour traffic seemed so bad that I opted to stay in the lounges instead.

Folks who have done the Porsche rental, what time do you typically do it?
Old May 24, 2017, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
I'm in FRA and would have loved to do a Porsche rental during my almost 6h layover from 4-10pm. But the evening rush hour traffic seemed so bad that I opted to stay in the lounges instead.

Folks who have done the Porsche rental, what time do you typically do it?
Rush hour is indeed to be avoided, but even in off-hours the traffic can be heavy. I've done it twice in the early afternoon (13.30-16.30) and traffic was mostly OK. Conditions will also depend on the day of the week, with Friday afternoon probably being the worst.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.