Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:27 pm

Wow..

Originally Posted by SMK77
RTW tickets can now be used on Suites. On a lot of A380 flights, SQ is opening up one seat in A.
Where could one find this in written to substantiate it?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 2:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Looking at SQ25 the next few days there is always one A seat available:

Code:
>AN/25AUGFRASIN1200/ASQ025
AN/25AUGFRASIN1200/ASQ025                                                       
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** SIN SINGAPORE.SG               1 SA 25AUG 1200  
** SL SWISSOTEL MERCHANT COURT - FREE INTERNET ACCESS                           
** URBAN RESORT IN CLARKE QUAY/ FREE INTERNET >HASLSINMCH                       
 1   SQ 025  R7 F2 P1 A1 Z1 C1 J1 /FRA 1 SIN    1235    0635+1E0/388      12:00 
             D1 S9 Y9 B9 E9 M9 H9 W9 Q9 N9 V9 UL GL L9 K9                       
>AN/26AUGFRASIN1200/ASQ025
AN/26AUGFRASIN1200/ASQ025                                                       
** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** SIN SINGAPORE.SG               2 SU 26AUG 1200  
** MU* STUDIO M - NEW LOFT DESIGN HOTEL FREE WIFI                               
** LOCATED AT CITY CTR/CLARKE QUAY*MINS WALK FRM REST/ENT                       
 1   SQ 025  R3 F2 PL A1 Z6 C6 J6 /FRA 1 SIN    1235    0635+1E0/388      12:00 
             D6 S9 Y9 B9 E9 M9 H9 W9 Q9 N9 V9 UL GL L9 K9                       
>
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2035
The online tool also works to upgrade on sq using evouchers. I successfully upgraded online from d to f using evouchers a few weeks ago.
Great to know!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by 2035
The online tool also works to upgrade on sq using evouchers. I successfully upgraded online from d to f using evouchers a few weeks ago.
You may have noted that 'SQ' disappeared from the drop-down menu and no upgrades on SQ are possible via the online tool at the moment...
Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Need to book the parents on the FRA-SIN route in C but at the same time use some of their eVouchers to move them up to F.

What is the best way to ensure that the upgrade to F will even be possible?

P.S. FWIW there is no M&M award availability for flight awards in C/F during those dates, not sure if this also means they will reject eVoucher upgrades?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:21 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Just make sure that you book them into an upgradeable booking class.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I mean in terms of availability. Booking C in an upgradeable booking class won't do me much good if the airline won't open up any seats for upgrades?

Or are eVouchers guaranteed to be accepted if there are unsold seats in F regardless of how many are left?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:34 am

Let me put a suitable date on the table to make things easier.

If I were to book two C seats on December 20 on the FRA-SIN route, would I be able to use eVouchers to move both pax to F?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:02 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by aster
Let me put a suitable date on the table to make things easier.

If I were to book two C seats on December 20 on the FRA-SIN route, would I be able to use eVouchers to move both pax to F?
Looking at availability and seat map (which is not a perfect indicator) I would say that it is tight to get two people confirmed.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:43 am

Thanks. Are you checking that in EF? There are very few F seats on the A380 anyway, and no availability for regular miles awards has me thinking that eVouchers might be met with similar luck.

If eVouchers don't go through but there is availability in F come check-in time, can those vouchers then be used successfully to get a last-minute upgrade or will the plane fly with empty seats in F?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:05 am

If eVouchers don't go through but there is availability in F come check-in time, can those vouchers then be used successfully to get a last-minute upgrade or will the plane fly with empty seats in F?
Yes you can use evoucher as last-minute instruments. I'd contact M&M at T-24 when checkin open to be put on the waitlist, since it gets reset under airport control, and upgrades are first come first serve basis. Plus, LH will deny upgrade when there's no catering on board, so letting them know asap might solve that problem.

Edit: EF shows F2 A2 on that day with three seats taken.

The SQ flight looks a bit more promising, I'd give M&M and see if they got access to first class seats there to upgrade.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:51 pm

Thanks, Lack. I'll have to skip SQ as I need to book them on the WAW-???-SIN route and unfortunately SQ won't sell tickets to/from WAW online.

Does the FRA-SIN flight on Dec 21 look any better or are a couple of F seats already taken as well? How about the return on Jan 3, does it look like I could burn some eVouchers there or does the 2 or 4 seem better?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, Lack. I'll have to skip SQ as I need to book them on the WAW-???-SIN route and unfortunately SQ won't sell tickets to/from WAW online.

Does the FRA-SIN flight on Dec 21 look any better or are a couple of F seats already taken as well? How about the return on Jan 3, does it look like I could burn some eVouchers there or does the 2 or 4 seem better?
One suggestion- have your TA waitlist the flights for upgrade from business to first without actually ticketing- if the flight is going to clear usually it does so within a few hours or at most a couple of days. Once it clears go ahead and have your TA ticket.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:16 am

I went ahead and booked the flights as the dates were pretty much, emmm... fixed in stone so to speak.

On the upside the upgrade system is quite good - the interface is well-designed and everything works perfectly.

I was not able to secure them an upgrade on the outbound, but as some have suggested I will try within 24 hrs of departure (and if necessary have them try at the airport as well). I was able to secure upgrades on the inbound though, up from C to F, so positive news here. 4 vouchers burned and F on the A380 should be nice.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Be informed that SQ does not allow upgrades to F at the airport as they need to be informed at least 24h in advance. At least that's what I've been told when I tried to burn e-vouchers on ZRH-SIN from Biz to First. I asked before my feeder flight to ZRH at MUC airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.