Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Basics about the evoucher:

Number of eVouchers needed per segment:
- Upgrade a shorthaul segment = 1 eVoucher
- Upgrade a longhaul segment (Longhaul= LH400-799)
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Business Class = 3 eVouchers
- From Economy Class (other than K, L, T) to Premium Economy Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Economy Class K, L, T to Premium Economy Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Premium Economy G, E to Business Class = 1 eVoucher
- From Premium Economy N to Business Class = 2 eVouchers
- From Business Class to First Class = 2 eVouchers (although the website says 3 eVouchers, it will be corrected in due course)

Upgrade awards may be booked online with LH, OS, LX, SN, LO and Discover, or you can call to upgrade.
Alternatively, you can book at the check-in counter. Not all airlines offer immediate upgrades at the airport.
Evouchers can be used on any ticketed PNR, even if the flight operates after the date of expiry of the evoucher.
Evouchers can be redeemed with all Star Alliance partners - depending on the destination, airline, travel class and booking class.
For a list of award regions go to https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...formation.html and scroll down to select Your worldwide flight destinations with Miles & More.

How long do eVouchers remain valid?
- All eVouchers are valid for 24 months.
- none of your eVouchers will expire until 31.03.2024. This also applies to eVouchers that were re-credited after the cancellation of a flight.

With an eVoucher, you travel one class higher [link to general eVoucher information]
Print Wikipost

Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:16 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Fellow FT'ers - would you rather spend 2 evouchers to upgrade an SQ A380 red-eye SIN-FRA from D (seat 96A) to F with no lounge time, or would you use them to upgrade an LX 77W P fare to F on a ZRH-LAX/SFO fare?

Last time I flew SQ F was 20 years ago, I'm wondering whether it is still worth the upgrade. Never flew SQ J.
Flew LX F plenty of times in A340 and 77W, really like soft & hard product.

Opinions most welcome!
I think that SQ doesn't allow upgrades to Suite Class on the 380s using non Krisflyer based instruments.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by cas_de
I think that SQ doesn't allow upgrades to Suite Class on the 380s using non Krisflyer based instruments.
you can't upgrade any SQ flight to F with e-vouchers. Period. I have tried it several times with the help of my PPS co-ordinator and even with the SQ head of sales Germany. SQ does not allow it .
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Right...I missed that. Thanks guys!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Hi everyone !

Is it possible to upgrade on SQ from PE (P) to business using M&M eVoucher ?

Thanks for your replies !
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SQs P/S/T is upgradable:

New rules will apply for upgrades on Singapore Airlines flights from 15/12/2016:On flights in Premium Economy Class, upgrades are now only possible from Economy Class (B, Y) to Premium Economy Class or upgrades from Premium Economy Class (S, P, T) to Business Class.
On flights without Premium Economy Class, upgrades from Economy Class (B, Y) to Business Class remain unchanged.
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...d=2547865&l=en
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Thanks for your answer oliver2002
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Are "cash" and e-voucher upgrades treated differently?

I recall my parents paying for an econ-to-biz upgrade (admittedly short-haul) and not seeing their luggage allocation change at all.

But on my booking (econ to biz, long-haul using e-vouchers) I see my limit listed as two check-in bags. Unfortunately it doesn't show the allowance but can I safely assume that pax upgrading via e-vouchers have been allocated the full 32kg X2?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

99€ regional upgrades don't change the baggage allowance.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Hi,
I´ve just changed a ticket originally booked in E, upgraded with e-voucher to I.
Now it is again in E (which is normal) and the agent told me that the e-voucher should apperar in my M&M account automatically "soon".
Is it really automatic and how long is "soon"?

Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:56 am

normally same day...
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
I am in the process of booking a flight on BR (CDG-TPE) and was thinking about booking Premium Economy ("Elite") and upgrading to Business ("Royal Laurel") with a Miles&More eVoucher. I have never upgraded an non-LH-group flight with a LH eVoucher, so your help with my following questions would be highly appreciated.

Can I upgrade a BR ticket with a M&M eVoucher at all?

If I can, which BR fares are eligible for an upgrade? -- The BR webseite says that booking classes K/L/T are eligible for upgrades and both the cheaper "Elite Special" as well as the slightly more expensive "Elite Saver" book in T, i.e. should be upgradeable. When a click on fare copmparison on the BR website, however, the table says that "Elite Special" cannot be upgraded but "Elite Saver" can. Which of the two pieces of (conflicting) information is right?

Has anybody ever successfully upgraded a BR flight with an eVoucher? (i.e. is BR stingy with upgrades into Business?)

Thank you very much for your input.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:17 pm

EVA Terms are here: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

Only B/K/Y are allowed, requires 2 evoucher or 50k.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
EVA Terms are here: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

Only B/K/Y are allowed, requires 2 evoucher or 50k.
Thank you!

That means LH M&M members can only upgrade from economy into business and not from premium economy, while BR customers can upgrade almost any premium economy fare. SEN hotline confirmed that they do not have premium economy "in the system". Strange.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:04 am

Yep, as various *A carriers start offering PE, they all use different ways of coding it.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yep, as various *A carriers start offering PE, they all use different ways of coding it.
That's true.

But wasn't BR one of the first airlines to offer PE, long before the joined *A!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.