Last edit by: NewbieRunner
xxx

Print Wikipost

List of M&M promotions

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Miles & More, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Concerto
I just want you to protect yourself a bit so you don’t throw too much money at something that devalues more quickly than any third world banana republic currency. It’s important to set some limits. I’m sure that some promotions will be along in due course that will please everybody. Following the extreme devaluation concerning M&M being a revenue based system, they’ll have to give it a boost at some point.
Thank you kindly for your concern and advice Concerto, I really appreciate that a lot. I definitely will think twice about promotions like that in the future.
Let's hope they will give M&M boost eventually and will make the whole loyalty program more competitive with other loyalty programs
Old May 3, 2018, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Artemio
Hi COR732,
As concerto already said, be careful in buying miles and more miles. Being based in Switzerland (which is one of the worst countries in this game), I set my limit at CHF 17.50 / 1000 miles, which is coop's selling ratio. Of course, everyone has it's own limit....
By the way, you get 5000 bonus miles if you transfer 20K spg points to miles. And I would buy the spg points too (and for family accounts as well maybe?), since no one knows yet if after Aug 1st spg/marriott will keep doing buy points promotion. But I wouldn't maybe transfer them to miles and more, you'll surely find a better value using them differently.

And a last thing to think about: depending on the purpose of the miles, it's maybe more interesting to collect/buy miles in another program. Or nowadays it's almost getting more interesting in grabing directly business/first promotions, which are getting better and more frequent than before.
Thank you kindly for your advice as well Artemio That's pity... I would guess you must receive fantastic offers from M&M since Swiss Airlines is owned by Lufthansa Group. Well, let's hope M&M will come up with some good ideas to make this game more interesting and competitive.

If I remember correctly, SPG/Marriott will at least keep the 5 000 bonus miles for transferring 60 000 points beginning of August 2018 so there will be a huge devaluation as well. Perhaps time will tell how good or not will be the new loyalty program from SPG/Marriott.

Speaking of collecting miles / points in another loyalty programs as well... Besides M&M I have also started collecting United's MileagePlus Miles. They have a lot of promotions going on and many ways how to collect miles just by making usual purchase of products I normally buy such as shoes, clothing, dining, gifts and much more. I have signed up for MileagePlus to be at least in Star Alliance and because of possibility to buy Lufthansa Group's flight tickets by using MileagePlus Miles. I will also look into business/first promotions as you mentioned, thank you
Old May 3, 2018, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by dsched
Not sure if this is the correct place for this but... Has anybody used M&M to book hotels? I was looking at some for September and one or two hotels are 10,000 miles for 3 nights. And they are pretty cheap hotels .
What puts me off for now is some are not able to be cancelled. Plus I presume you have to pay immediately? Unlike say hotels.com where you pay the hotel on departure.
But maybe when I get nearer the date it could be a nice deal. 10,000 miles for 600 euro.
Hi dsched,
I have actually used M&M to book hotel 3 weeks ago. I have booked Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in Honolulu Hawaii, 7 days stay, 2 guests for ~$1600. I took advantage of the bonus offer for using M&M to book hotel for very first time. Normally I would receive around 14 000 miles for my booking however with the bonus I have received 25 000 Miles in total for my stay. Yes, I had to pay immediately full amount however I had free cancellation up to 24 hours prior to check in, cancellation in less then 24 hours before check in would cost 1/ night stand. I will book hotel with M&M later this month again.

Please know, if you will book hotel via Lufthansa's partner www.bookings.com you will earn only 2 miles per Euro/$ spent so that's significantly less than earning via M&M portal.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by dsched
Not sure if this is the correct place for this but... Has anybody used M&M to book hotels? I was looking at some for September and one or two hotels are 10,000 miles for 3 nights. And they are pretty cheap hotels .
What puts me off for now is some are not able to be cancelled. Plus I presume you have to pay immediately? Unlike say hotels.com where you pay the hotel on departure.
But maybe when I get nearer the date it could be a nice deal. 10,000 miles for 600 euro.
​​​​​​​Just remember, if you cancel your booking you can never make use of this promotion again. Also, I would avoid making any changes if you can possibly help it, because that tends to kick these promotions out of the window.
Old May 4, 2018, 4:19 pm

New promo from Miles & More:

Join ASMALLWORLD as a "Prestige member" and receive 250,000 award miles per year, as well as travel-related premium status privileges for hotels, rental cars and unlimited access to 950+ airport lounges around the world and nightlife. Or sign up for the Access or Lifetime membership and get 3,000 award miles as a sign-up bonus. CLICK HERE FOR THE PROMO

Access membership
80 euros per year

- Access to the ASW-community
- Invitations to more than 1,000 events per year
- First-class privileges with selected partners of ASW
- Trusted insider advice from fellow members

Lifetime membership
390 euros per year

- Lifetime access to the ASW-community
- Invitations to more than 1,000 events per year
- First-class privileges with selected partners of ASW
- Trusted insider advice from fellow members

Prestige membership
5,200 euros per year

- Access to the ASW-community
- 250,000M per year
- Premium membership to the World’s Finest Clubs, granting exclusive access to over 200 nightlife venues around the world
- Unlimited access to 970+ airport lounges with DragonPass
- Platinum status with SIXT
- Discovery Black status with Global Hotel Alliance
- SilverSmith status with Mr. and Mrs. Smith
In addition, as an introductory offer for the first two months, members are granted SPG Gold status

Happy Friday
Old May 6, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by COR732
Thank you for your respond NewbieRunner. Perhaps, the promo is targeted only on continental Europe and US...? It does says that subscribers from Europe can request refund in the first 14 days.
The 14 day return thing is a customer protection law in the EU. Everything you buy online can be returned within 14 days of delivery.
Old May 9, 2018, 5:08 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
The 14 day return thing is a customer protection law in the EU. Everything you buy online can be returned within 14 days of delivery.
Not everything. Try your luck with airline tickets, bus tickets, train tickets or lottery tickets -- even before departure or the draw.

HTB.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by htb
Not everything. Try your luck with airline tickets, bus tickets, train tickets or lottery tickets -- even before departure or the draw.

HTB.
Well, right - items can be returned, not tickets or services or digital downloads or whatever
Old May 10, 2018, 11:24 am

Yes of course, that's just basic policy that is in US as well... The policy is much more customer friendly here in California than compared to EU countries like Czech Republic (based on my own experience).
Old May 11, 2018, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is this of any use for somebody?

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...74_getAbstract

17,000 miles seems a bit better than the usual 15k for this, but I’m not someone who would subscribe to GetAbstract, not even at 17k.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Invest 10000€ for 3.5 years and get 24k miles:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=de&cid=18002

Mit WeltSparen attraktive Zinsen und bis zu 24.000M sichern

Sichern Sie sich jetzt mit WeltSparen europaweit die besten Zinsen für Ihr Tages- oder Festgeld - bis zu 2,0% p.a. Einmal kostenlos anmelden und exklusiven Zugang zu mehr als 150 Angeboten bekommen. Privat- und Geschäftskunden können von bis zu 24.000 Meilen profitieren.

Angebot gültig vom 1. bis zum 31. Mai 2018

• 8.000M bei Abschluss eines Festgeldes mit einer Laufzeit von 1 bis 1,5 Jahren
  • 12.000M bei Abschluss eines Festgeldes mit einer Laufzeit von 2 bis 2,5 Jahren
  • 16.000M bei Abschluss eines Festgeldes mit einer Laufzeit von 3 Jahren
  • 24.000M bei Abschluss eines Festgeldes mit einer Laufzeit ab 3,5 Jahren
  • Europaweit die besten Zinsen – einmal kostenlos anmelden und Zugang zu mehr als 150 Angeboten aus ganz Europa bekommen
  • Alle Angebote auf WeltSparen sind je Kunde und je Bank bis zu einem Gegenwert von 100.000 Euro gemäß EU-Recht zu 100% abgesichert
  • Neu: für Privat- und Geschäftskunden
Jetzt anlegen

Konditionen

• Gültig vom 1. bis zum 31. Mai 2018 in Deutschland.
  • Nur gültig für Neukunden, die sich bisher nicht unter www.weltsparen.de registriert und ein Festgeld eröffnet haben.
  • Meilengutschrift nach erfolgreicher Eröffnung des Festgeldes.
  • Mindestanlage 10.000 Euro.
  • Bei vorzeitiger Kündigung innerhalb der ersten 6 Monate Rückbuchung der Meilen.
  • Angebot freibleibend. Es gelten die Zinssätze auf weltsparen.de/angebote.
  • Prämienmeilen sind nicht mit anderen Aktionen und Prämien kombinierbar.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:22 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Targetted promotion Summer Flytime 2018

Does anybody else have problems with the registration link? Mine only leads to an empty M&M page that says "General_Information"
Old May 23, 2018, 9:31 am

That's fantastic! Thank you for the info, you are the best
Old May 23, 2018, 9:57 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes they take credit cards.
mirror74 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: M&M FTL
does anyone know if I can use an AVIS coupon when I start the booking through M&M usual AVIS offers? e.g. now there's the 3x miles offer on the M&M website, and I have a 15€ coupon from a previous rental that I'd like to use.
I am simulating my booking but until the last step I can't see an entry for a coupon code in the form.
does the M&M offers exclude coupons?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.