Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best oneworld Lounge in Narita

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2008, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Best oneworld Lounge in Narita

I will be in Narita in May. Which lounge (One World) is the best at Narita?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 5:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by ken577
I will be in Narita in May. Which lounge (One World) is the best at Narita?
JAL's new FC lounge is very nice, and the AC is probably the best in the system. I spent time in both last month; I would go with JAL as their food selection is much better and the view from the second floor bar is excellent.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 5:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
I keep hearing good things about the Admiral's Club in NRT so I'm going to pop in and have a look next month. It would have to be pretty special to be better than the Sakura lounge, IMHO.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 7:46 am

AA lounge is very nice. Try all and give us a report.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:32 am

Programs: JGC Premier (oneworld Emerald)
I tried both (Sakura and AC) during my stopover back in March. Both are very, very nice and spacious. Sakura Lounge was the bigger eye-opener of the two as it's much better than before the refurbishment last year. It helps that OW elites and premium passengers can access the two lounges if that's what they want.

Overall I give an edge to the Sakura lounge because of their
A) More extensive food options (soup, rice dish, salad bar, munchies)
B) Full-service bar in the afternoon and evenings
C) Free massage service (must try!)
D) Nooks and crannies in which to relax
Old Apr 23, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
The JAL F lounge has a much better drink selection, but I wasn't too impressed with the dinner choices. The AC is definitely worth a visit.

Has anyone done a comparison with the CX lounge at NRT? Any thoughts on that vs. AC vs. JAL Lounges?
Old Apr 25, 2008, 2:07 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
ill be going next weekend (may3-5) ill stop by and let u all know. i wont get into the FL lounge as im only a PLT, but after that trip ill be and EXP! do u all know if all 3 lounges (cx,aa,jl) are in the same area?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 2:54 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by brenc3
The JAL F lounge has a much better drink selection, but I wasn't too impressed with the dinner choices. The AC is definitely worth a visit.

Has anyone done a comparison with the CX lounge at NRT? Any thoughts on that vs. AC vs. JAL Lounges?
No contest, CX Wing/Pier lounges at HKG are considerably nicer and with better food (drink quality is about the same, a bit better for non-alcoholic drinks). But the best JL lounge is not accessible, it is by invitation only. This is their real F lounge (though not all F pax on JL can use it, so not quite the same as the CR on BA). If you can use it, you'll know, and if you cannot, don't fret about it, there is no way to get in (or even find out the location of the lounge, for that matter, it is well hidden).
Old May 1, 2008, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by number_6
But the best JL lounge is not accessible, it is by invitation only. This is their real F lounge (though not all F pax on JL can use it, so not quite the same as the CR on BA). If you can use it, you'll know, and if you cannot, don't fret about it, there is no way to get in (or even find out the location of the lounge, for that matter, it is well hidden).
There is no such thing that you have spoken of. JL either has a F lounge for F passengers or they have a VIP room that is by invitation only. There is no such thing as F lounge but not for F passengers on any airlines. A few airlines have VIP lounges.
Old May 2, 2008, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
No contest, CX Wing/Pier lounges at HKG are considerably nicer and with better food (drink quality is about the same, a bit better for non-alcoholic drinks).
Yes, I get that. I'm referring to the CX lounge at NRT. I know there is one but just don't know how it compares to the AA or JAL lounge.
Old May 3, 2008, 1:32 pm

No contest, CX Wing/Pier lounges at HKG are considerably nicer and with better food (drink quality is about the same, a bit better for non-alcoholic drinks). But the best JL lounge is not accessible, it is by invitation only. This is their real F lounge (though not all F pax on JL can use it, so not quite the same as the CR on BA). If you can use it, you'll know, and if you cannot, don't fret about it, there is no way to get in (or even find out the location of the lounge, for that matter, it is well hidden).
Well aren't you special.

So why is the NRT AC better than the other ACs? Does it have complimentary food (not just stale pretzels) like the Sakura lounge?
Old May 3, 2008, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, SPG Gold, HH, Marriott Silver, Delta, United, TSA Prechk/GE
When was the JAL lounge refurbished? I was in the Sakura lounge at NRT July 2007 and it was crowded and nothing special to speak of. Tried the CX lounge last week and ultimately ended up at AC again - IMHO the NRT AC may be one of the best in the system (except perhaps the newer DFW).

The AC lounge has sandwiches, pastries and the seaweed+rice packages.

Can anyone tell me when the JAL NRT lounge was refurbished? If it was after July 2007 I will check it out later today when I fly thru NRT again.

CX lounge: nice service, serene decor, but fairly small and no showers.
JAL lounge as of 7/07: massage chairs fully taken, very crowded, did not stay long.
AA AC: showers, well spaced and roomy.

Posted from CX lounge at ICN - nice breakfast spread, very roomy, steamed dim sum, one of the better lounges.
Old May 4, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
The CX lounger is rather small and offers a poor view… perhaps even no view… can’t recall for sure. Unless you just want to check it of your list of lounges visited, it is not worth bothering with. As others have mentioned the AC is actually very nice with a nice view and a variety of snack items (finger sandwiches, sushi, chocolate bars, snack mix, etc) and the automatic beer pouring gizmo. There are also computer workstations without the frustrating Japanese keyboards.

The JAL First lounge and the Sakura (business class) Lounge both offer almost the same services and goodies. Food is either the same or very close in both. Both have very nice showers, massages, massage chairs, relaxation rooms, staffed bar (limited hours). The only difference I could discern that makes the First lounge “better” are the addition of some premium liquors and a slightly “clubbier” décor. I actually like the Sakura lounge better than the First lounge, as it is at least twice the size with an elegant 2-story area and spiral staircase.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:34 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
The other day I used the NRT Sakura Lounge for the first time. (I just dropped to Sapphire and can't use the first class lounge anymore. Yes, I need to update my profile.) The lounge itself is really nice, very attractive and with plenty of amenities. But it is WAY too crowded. The dining area felt like a shopping mall food court at Saturday noontime. And even in the main lounge area it was a struggle just to find a place to sit. Not relaxing or peaceful AT ALL.

I will NOT be going back. From now on I'm using the AA lounge. (Until I requalify for oneworld Emerald status! )
Old May 20, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA/UA
Originally Posted by AH-64D
There is no such thing that you have spoken of. JL either has a F lounge for F passengers or they have a VIP room that is by invitation only. There is no such thing as F lounge but not for F passengers on any airlines. A few airlines have VIP lounges.
OK So flying in First on JAL on award ticket I CAN still use the First Lounge right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.