Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Hua Min usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
Ref email Feb2018 to fellow RA member SHOVEN for Stay Apr2018 regards their usual/planned RA Room Upgrades
(I added from their pot as Shoven only has 37 FT posts so can't)
scubaccr

The Hotel just sent me the below as I'm planning a stay in April thought it might be of some use for others.

Regarding your enquiry, please find below step of room upgrade for Royal Ambassador Member for your reference,

BluPort WingReserve
Upgrade to
Superior Room - Superior Suite (BluPort Wing) or Premier Room (Beach Wing)
Superior Studio - Resort Classic Suite (Beach Wing)
Superior Suite - Premier Suite (Beach Wing)

Beach WingReserve
Upgrade to
Resort Classic Room - Premier Pool Terrace
Premier Room - Resort Classic Suite
Premier Pool Terrace - Premier Suite
Resort Classic Suite - Premier Suite
Premier Suite / Club InterContinental Suite - No upgrade
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 1:11 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Originally Posted by dwsebert
Does intercontinental offer upgrades on award bookings? I am platinum and will be traveling to Hua Hin this fall and plan to use points.
My experience: No benefits (RA in my case) on award stays. Had a combined booking (1 Award + 1 F&F), they offered me to move to a suite on the second day which I did not do - would have been too much action on a weekend
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
We'll stay here end of November. I'm RA and just saw in my booking that they confirmed already an upgrade which is very nice.

I was upgrade two classe to KING DELUXE SUITE but in my understanding these rooms are in the mainbuilding.

It would be great if someone could confirm this because this is what I would avoid and due to noice from the street.

Maybe now I have the chance to ask the hotel even if I need to pay more. On teh other hand it's not important for me having a suite. Something with nice view is much more important.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by fred8ab
Something with nice view is much more important.
I personally like the pool terrace suite, but no view whatsoever could be seen from the room.

You should ask for a (partial) sea view room, but I don't know whether they have suite or not.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:40 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Regarding views, not sure if this is the right hotel and/or location. We spent a week here recently, and received an upgrade to a Premier Pool Suite. These are, I believe the top suites (apart from the villas and presidential), located at the ground floor of the side buildings, with pool access. They take up the same space as two Premier rooms. Lots of open space, little furniture. No view to speak of and very little privacy. Two Premier suites are located directly above, have no pool access, and presumably limited view. My hunch is that the suites in the main building offer better views, but of course this is Hua Hin, and the beach is an eyesore rather than a tropical paradise.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:06 pm

Premier Ocean View Suite at InterContinental Hua Hin

Hi folks,

I already posted most info, pictures and video on my Feb '11 stay in this thread, but I have made an additional summary on my blog:

http://travel.bart.la/2011/11/22/pre...ental-hua-hin/

Enjoy!
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:09 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Not Worth Your Effort

Pretty much sums up my sentiments and thoughts.

Originally Posted by jpdx
Regarding views, not sure if this is the right hotel and/or location. We spent a week here recently, and received an upgrade to a Premier Pool Suite. These are, I believe the top suites (apart from the villas and presidential), located at the ground floor of the side buildings, with pool access. They take up the same space as two Premier rooms. Lots of open space, little furniture. No view to speak of and very little privacy. Two Premier suites are located directly above, have no pool access, and presumably limited view. My hunch is that the suites in the main building offer better views, but of course this is Hua Hin, and the beach is an eyesore rather than a tropical paradise.

Stayed in IC HH sometime back but was not impressed at all. Was shown 3 different rooms and were disappointed. These 3 rooms are all on the left building (Left side when you walked into the resort from the main entrance).

I saw some reviews that the main building will be quite noisy since it is next to the main road, so I have specifically requested for a room which is nearest to the beach and facing the sea.

a) Booked the Premier Pool Terrace room but was not impressed. Absolutely no privacy as there is an opposite residential building (yellow or orange colour) facing your unit. Share the pool with your neighbouring units. Requested for a change as we noticed that the water in the pool is not very clean and the private sundeck area and chairs were also not well-maintained and quite dirty.

b) Changed to another unit on the 3rd floor (same direction facing the yellow/orange colour building) and I felt that this unit is also bad. Told them I wanted sea view and not a view facing the opposite building. It only has partial sea view.

c) Changed again to a unit on the second floor which is nearest to the beach. This corner first unit is right next to the cafe (couple metres away from our balcony). There are 2 balconies in this Suite. 1 balcony in the room and another balcony next to the living hall. This suite is huge. The bathroom is also huge. But again there is no privacy since the guests dining in the open air cafe on the second floor can just peep into your room which is so close. You can even hear their conversation. Besides, there is only partial sea view since it is partially blocked by the cafe building.

Ratings :
1) Sea View : 2/10. Extremely poor and very disappointed. At that time of our stay, we were staying in an apartment with 180 degrees full sea view without blockage. Compare this to what we have at our home, this is simply appalling

2) Food : 3/10. Tried the phad thai and a couple dishes at the cafe and they were extremely bad. Not well cooked and took 45 min to be delivered even though there were no guests (at around 3 pm plus)

3) Room : 8/10. Stayed in the Suite and the decor is nice. Contemporary designed and Suite is huge (100 metres) with 2 balconies. But there is no privacy since it is so close to the cafe building (couple metres away) so you can hardly use the balcony. You also have to draw the curtains since there is no privacy.

4) Service : 8/10. The staffs were extremely patient, attentive and responsive even though we changed our room 3 times during check-in. Also saw several guests requesting for a change to their rooms when we were at the lobby

5) Swimming Pool : 5/10. Pretty average and nothing special. You can find such pool and view in most resorts

6) Beach : The beach in HH is sad. I walked along the beach for 3 to 4 kilometres (2 -3 hrs in the morning) and it is pathetic

7) Value for money : 2/10

8) Will I return : NO (even if the trip is complementary and for a free stay in Suite)

Overall, my partner and I were extremely disappointed with our stay. Perhaps we had high expectations and this certainly adds to our disappointment. It is definitely not worth the effort to take a flight to BKK and then followed by a 2 hr journey by car to stay in such resort with such view and beach.

Try not to have high expectation and you will not be so disappointed.

Happy
Old Dec 18, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
We stayed there for 9 nights and for us it was a really relaxing vaction. We loved this Hotel and the room. Enjoyed very much that it was quiet. We got a double upgrade as RA.

The breakfast is really outstanding. For evening dinner we stayed several time in the hotel even if price are much higher than outside but the quality of the food was great.

The dishe in Thai Restaurant are limited but stuff had no problem to prepare even dishes which where not on the card. This is what I call service. That was great for us. The only negative, we found the dishes are too big and could be a little smaller and then a little cheaper.

Somehow the drinks are making the dinner expensive but anyway for us it was great.

A special thanks to the management. It was first time for me to see that they are really interested in customers. Once a week they invite for evening drinks and some live music and have conversation with the guestess. ^
In the morning they sit down to your table and have conversation and take care about your needs.

Great stay and thanks a lot. We will return for sure.

My only concern with this location is, if it's full there might be problems with sunchairs.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Abassador Gold, Fly BMI,Starwood Gold, Hilton Honours
Could someone familiar with this hotel please assit me with some details: I am planning to book to stay at this IC last week Feb and wondering how best to Utilise the gauranteed upgrade with Gold Ambassador. Looking at the website I believe these to be the rooms types:

Grande Deluxe
Premier
Club Premier
Premier Pool Terrace
Club Premier Pool Terrace
Deluxe Suite
Premier Suite
Club Ocean
La Residence

I have a very good deal through a travel agent for the premier room with breakfast. So if I booked this deal would I get the upgrade to Club Premier (will this be with club benefits?) or will it be to the Premier Pool Terrace.

There also a good rate on Club Premier and Premier Pool Terrace on IC website. What upgrade could I expect with one of these rooms if booked?

Or shall I just stick with the Basic Room and see take the chance and see what happens at check-in?

I once booked a standard room at the IC Dubai Festival City and on check-in got upgraded to one of the suites in the hotels at £900 a night!!

Any advice will be appreciated. thanks
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:04 pm
KRS

Club lounge?

The hotel now appears to be selling Club Intercontinental rooms and talk of rooms in the club wing. All the previous reports have stated there is no club lounge; does anyone have any news?

Originally Posted by Room description
...ULTIMATE INDULGENCE LOCATED IN THE EXCLUSIVE CLUB INTERCON PRIVATE WING CLUB BENEFITS INCLUDE 24HR BUTLER SERVICE AND CLUB LOUNGE ACCESS 4 CHOICES OF BKFST VENUES COMPLIMENTARY AFTERNOON TEA AND EVENING COCKTAILS FREE WIFI PREMIUM IN RM TEA AND COFFEE AND EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE BAR.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...lection/huahin
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
no news, but can confirm that on my last stay in AUG/2011 there was not a club lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:25 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by schauschun
no news, but can confirm that on my last stay in AUG/2011 there was not a club lounge.
OK, thanks. I have emailed the hotel asking for more information.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: IC RA; HH Diamond, M&M SEN
They Have a lounge since February 1. Two Buildings (nr 3 &6) are now "club room " only.

The old inspiration/concierge lounge is now the club room and the advantage are :
quote :
. Private check-in and check out services at Club InterContinental Lounge
· Club Lounge with separate work area and inspiration centre
· Breakfast, 4 venue options (Pirom, Felicita, Azure & In Room)
· 24 hour Lounge Snack menu
· Complimentary soft drinks all day, in lounge
· 2 Hour open bar daily (evening cocktails 5:30-7:30pm)
· Complimentary afternoon tea
· Complimentary late night sweets
· Priority Dining & Entertainment Reservations
· Complimentary Evening Savories, in lounge
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:40 am
DIM

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
be careful with the stay on Mar 16-17

Booked a short 3-day stay in IC Hua Hin for my vacation in Thailand and was surpised by the e-mail from the Hotel.

"...on Saturday March 17th, there will be a private function with 320 guests at the Lawn. All our restaurants will be closed.
There will be a stage construction a day before, we’d like to apologize for any noise"...

The construction noice on the first day there, the closed restaraunts on the second... Probably I`ll cancel this booking!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 5:01 am
KRS

Originally Posted by KRS
OK, thanks. I have emailed the hotel asking for more information.
Got a quick response ^

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Dear Mr. KRS,

Greeting from InterContinental Hua Hin Resort.

Thank you for interesting Intercontinental Hua Hin Resort.

With reference to your below email, we already add the club room with club lounge access to our resort when you book in our club room you will get the value added as per following details;

· Upgraded accommodation and amenities
· Priority Spa Reservations
· Private accommodation wing (building 3 & 6)
· Private check-in and check-out services at Club InterContinental Lounge
· Complimentary breakfast, 4 venue options
· 24 hour Lounge Snack menu
· Complimentary soft drinks all day, in lounge
· 2 Hour open bar daily (evening cocktails 5:30-7:30pm)
· Complimentary afternoon tea (3 -5 pm)
· Complimentary late night sweets
· Priority Dining & Entertainment Reservations
· Complimentary Evening Savories, in lounge
We really appreciate the reservation book without club room but need to be use the club lounge benefit with paying the supplement charge at THB 2,500++ (THB 2,942.50 net) per room per night.

For Royal Ambassador member they will get the automatically use in club benefit as above mentioned (benefit only) but the upgrade room will depend on the room type booked such as book in normal class will get the room upgrade base on normal class to double normal class, if need to stay in club wing should be book in club class to be get double upgrade to upper club class.

For Gold Ambassador and Platinum Ambassador member (not entitle for automatic use in club benefit) if need to use in club benefit should be book in original reservation in club class to be get one step upgrade to upper club class.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:46 am
KRS

Checking out after a 5-night stay tomorrow; very pleased with the experience.
Booked a deluxe suite through Luxurylink which with the Ambassador upgrade got us the 131 sqm 1 KING PREMIER SUITE. Our suite featured a large terrace with direct pool and jacuzzi/whirlpool access. Given the rate and all the included extras staying here was certainly good value for money! (no club access though we could borrow books and DVDs from the lounge, and there was free wifi in the room)
  • Deluxe Suite
  • Breakfast for two each morning
  • Dinner for two on one evening of your choice, served on the beach
  • Thai cooking class for two on one day of your choice
  • 50-minute couples spa treatment
  • Taxes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.