Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Here's what I got:

We would like to advise you that the certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or stays with deeply discounted rates. In addition, please be advised that any rate may be booked when using the complimentary weekend night certificate with the following exceptions:

• Priority Club Reward Nights
  • Net Wholesaler/Inclusive Groups (e.g. Tours, FIT)
  • Third Party Internet (e.g. Priceline.com, Hotwire.com)
  • Employee Rate

Further, since the Friends and Family rate is an employee benefit, thus, the certificate cannot be applied to reservations booked under this rate.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:10 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Just checking... so far, I believe only navatwal has reported getting points for their F&F stays, correct?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
Originally Posted by LRD
Just checking... so far, I believe only navatwal has reported getting points for their F&F stays, correct?
Well, the T&Cs clearly state that the F&F rate does NOT earn points, so surely navatwal's case is the exception rather than the rule.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lemieux66
Yes, I´ve been told and confirmed via email, that BOGOs are NOT accepted using this rate and there´s no guaranteed upgrade.
So it seems to depend on the goodwill of the hotel.

Here´s the extract of the mail:
We would like to advise you that you will enjoy your Royal Ambassador benefits when reservation is booked under Friends and Family Rate except for the room upgrade and usage of Weekend Night Certificate
Just to add a data point: I've booked an upcoming stay at the IC San Francisco using this rate, and the room shows an upgrade online already (the first US IC to show an upgrade online for me since "the change"). OTOH I do tend to stay at this property frequently -- so that may have something to do with it.

I've additionally booked a stay this evening at a HIX using at this rate. I will report back early next week whether points appear or not (not counting on it though).
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:50 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by THE soni
... so surely navatwal's case is the exception rather than the rule.
Or, since the posting of this latest F&F rate is a rather recent event, perhaps there aren't many data points yet to determine whether this is truly "the rule".

Maybe I should re-phrase my question: has anyone had their stays (regardless whether it was qualifying or non-qualifying) post under this new rate?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Personally I don't think that it is a good idea to post publicly if you get points for your F&F stay.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Its mysterious that I have used a BOGOF (on two seperate occasions) and gotten points for all my stays at the IC Park Lane.

I think it is safe to say that this hotel will continue to give points on F & F stays. we need feedback from other FT members who have made a booking on F&F rate to see if they have received points for their stays.

we could then create a thread title:

Hotels where you get points on Friends & Family Rate

I havent actually tested this F&F rate at any other property and look forward to seeing if in fact it does give points at other hotels.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:00 am

Anyone know if there would be any problem putting the information for an employee who works for Crowne Plaza but using someone elses link? Specifically, I have a friend who works for a CP in Chicago, but she has never bothered to go into the system and create her own link. If I used the link here but just put her name/hotel would it matter? I mean, she is still an ICH employee.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 4:44 pm

Has anyone here actually used the F&F rate with the Cassandra name? I'm just curious..... I wouldn't want the voucher to be declined at check-in. That would be so embarassing, and then I might have to pay a higher rate.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by sky007
Has anyone here actually used the F&F rate with the Cassandra name?
I was charged in full by IC SF for my stay there in May.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 2:42 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
I was charged in full by IC SF for my stay there in May.
Are you saying that IC SF rejected the F&F rate and charged you rack rate instead?

Last edited by spunk_tokyo; Mar 14, 2009 at 2:48 am
Old Mar 14, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by THE soni
Well, the T&Cs clearly state that the F&F rate does NOT earn points, so surely navatwal's case is the exception rather than the rule.
Apparently whatever written in T&C does not always apply in real life, especially with out-of-touch IT department.

Like for IC consecutive nights stays, I always got my way to receive every point for every nights that I stayed.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
Are you saying that IC SF rejected the F&F rate and charged you rack rate instead?
No, I meant that in about two days after making reservation they charged me in accordance with the T&Cs which require full prepayment. So far they treat it as an advance payment reservation.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
No, I meant that in about two days after making reservation they charged me in accordance with the T&Cs which require full prepayment. So far they treat it as an advance payment reservation.
Scared me there.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 7:56 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sky007
Has anyone here actually used the F&F rate with the Cassandra name? I'm just curious..... I wouldn't want the voucher to be declined at check-in. That would be so embarassing, and then I might have to pay a higher rate.
Yes. Had a stay at a HIX on Thursday night and used it -- no questions, no problems, and actually got the largest room at this property we've ever had in several stays here, despite this being the cheapest stay (thanks to the F&F rate)!!!

Still waiting to see if it'll post as qualifying w/points or not. Will report back when it posts either way.

Last edited by TheBeerHunter; Mar 14, 2009 at 7:59 pm Reason: pickiness

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.