Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Which link are you using?
Put the name of the employee listed on that link along with their work location. Cassandra I and Steve S both work at Atlanta HQ.
Thanks. Both links (Cassandra & Steve) require to fill out Employee Name & Location.

I am now friend of Cassandra & Steve at Atlanta HQ.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Holiday Inn Friends and Family Rate Available To Everyone

sorry, not sure if this is a repost (a quick search and I didn't find anything recent).

Here is the post on SD: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...0533&t=1260817

For the voucher, you can use:
IHG Employee: Craig Williams
IHG Employee’s Office / Hotel Location: Ravinia Office in Atlanta, GA
Old Mar 25, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
It's on the next page:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...hg-hotels.html
Old Mar 27, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: ba miles
when using the F&F rates, on check-in do you actually ask if you get full RA benefits.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by chipsodg
when using the F&F rates, on check-in do you actually ask if you get full RA benefits.
No you do not ask as you get full benefits!

The only benefit you shouldnt get is Points but even they are coming through for some.

Regards
Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: ba miles
Originally Posted by navatwal
No you do not ask as you get full benefits!

The only benefit you shouldnt get is Points but even they are coming through for some.

Regards
Thank you

I am sat here thinking should I book F&F rate or proper rate, I'm a chicken !
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
anyone

Originally Posted by cko64
What do you guys fill in...

IHG Employee*_____________________
IHG Employee’s* Office / Hotel Location__________________

Do you just make up an name and location?
does anyone have this info? The link that I was booking through showed a name, but not a hotel location.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nmenaker
does anyone have this info? The link that I was booking through showed a name, but not a hotel location.
See post #122 above. Cassandra & Steve both work at Atlanta HQ.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
Myself and a colleague used the F&F rate last week. I had a stay of 4 nights and my colleague had a stay of 5. On check-in we both realised we had forgotten to bring the voucher with us. We had printed them earlier in the day at the office and left them there.

We had different check-in girls and neither asked us for the voucher. This was the HI Heathrow, Sipson Road.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 9:27 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by g00ner
Myself and a colleague used the F&F rate last week. I had a stay of 4 nights and my colleague had a stay of 5. On check-in we both realised we had forgotten to bring the voucher with us. We had printed them earlier in the day at the office and left them there.

We had different check-in girls and neither asked us for the voucher. This was the HI Heathrow, Sipson Road.
I am curious to know if your stays earned PC points?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 5:02 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by Queen438
I am curious to know if your stays earned PC points?
Points just posted today. Only earnt points on my food and bar bill.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: LH HON; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D; WoH Glob
Originally Posted by g00ner
Points just posted today. Only earnt points on my food and bar bill.
Did the stay count as qualifying nights or that neither?
Malinche
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Please also note that all my stays that gained points and qualifying nights were on the EMEA Friends and Family rate. This rate has been withdrawn around 10 days ago.

This was the Best Flex rate type Friends and Family rate. You could book this rate via the phone or via web link or directly with the hotel.

The New F&F rate is to be only booked via a web link which can be sent from an ICHG employee through Merlin.

I wonder if any body manages to get any points for future stays on the new Friends and Family rate.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Please also note that all my stays that gained points and qualifying nights were on the EMEA Friends and Family rate. This rate has been withdrawn around 10 days ago.

This was the Best Flex rate type Friends and Family rate. You could book this rate via the phone or via web link or directly with the hotel.

The New F&F rate is to be only booked via a web link which can be sent from an ICHG employee through Merlin.

I wonder if any body manages to get any points for future stays on the new Friends and Family rate.
What do you mean by "new"? I booked & stayed twice using the F&F links provided here recently (Cassandra @ Atlanta HQ as the referral) -- once at an IC and the other at a HIX, both in the USA. Both times points/qualifying nights posted for me.

I wonder if it might have more to do with how deep a discount the F&F rate is from the regular rate at the time of booking? I was looking at booking another F&F rate at an IC for an upcoming weekend. I've already reserved a room at the property (flex); the F&F rate this time around is 44% lower, though. I'm hesitant to change my booking because I do want the stay to count and this is a much steeper discount than I got the first time. Decisions, decisions...

Last edited by TheBeerHunter; Mar 31, 2009 at 10:35 am Reason: math is hard
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:50 am

Please also note that all my stays that gained points and qualifying nights were on the EMEA Friends and Family rate. This rate has been withdrawn around 10 days ago..
So was my F&F stay.
It posted as a non-qualifying night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.