Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Originally Posted by uk1
Like you, my sole objection is any element of uncertainty which isn't welcome.
Hello

Totally agree. As if current times aren't uncertain enough, they could have just made everything clear in the T&Cs. Thats what they are there for. Anyways, good to hear, that many RA's seem to get all the benefits with this rate.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:41 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
I am following this thread for a while and decided to send a mail to an IC for an upcoming stay.

My question was: can I expect an upgrade as an Ambassador when booking the F&F rate

The answer: Yes, till a certain categroy you can.
BUT, then came following questions:
- in what region doe your Family or Friend work for ICHG?
- can you give his/her business details?
- send your reservation request thru your Friend or Family that work for ICHG

Looks like this hotel will follow the rules strictly..
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by janvdr
I am following this thread for a while and decided to send a mail to an IC for an upcoming stay.

My question was: can I expect an upgrade as an Ambassador when booking the F&F rate

The answer: Yes, till a certain categroy you can.
BUT, then came following questions:
- in what region doe your Family or Friend work for ICHG?
- can you give his/her business details?
- send your reservation request thru your Friend or Family that work for ICHG

Looks like this hotel will follow the rules strictly..
I think the hotel thought you were not talking about the friends and family rate IVFF1, but the "real" employee rate that would give you a 25 Euro room at some ICs. This rate is strictly enforced and can only be booked through the employee.

Moreover, I don't think it states anywhere that you need the details. Only the voucher is required to check in.
If you do, you can easily google for example "Mr. S's" details....
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
I am currently at the IC HK, and -using the regular Advance Purchase rate for a harbor view room of HKD 2,467.50, not the F&F rate- received a RA upgrade to a harbor view Junior Suite. Using a BOGO, this translates to about US$160/night, which is a pretty amazing deal for what you describe as "just a bigger room."
You are right. Junior Suite is a good deal for $160 a night. But what if you are only staying for 1 night. Would you pay the same and not use a bogo? I try to save my bogos for nights that I cannot possibly expense the hotel stay. I can't duplicate what you did.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 2:12 am

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Last Date for Booking?

Hi All, a little confused about the last date for booking a friends and family, the terms say May 31, 2009, however have also seen on here 2nd May has anyone any clarity on this?
Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2009, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Update from The String, Tokyo

I'm staying at The Strings on a F&F rate - no questions were asked at check-in, no voucher required, no nothing, just "Welcome to The Strings, sir!" ^

YMMV as usual
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by mycity68
Hi All, a little confused about the last date for booking a friends and family, the terms say May 31, 2009, however have also seen on here 2nd May has anyone any clarity on this?
Thanks
Bookings must be made through the link before May 31, 2009 and can be made for stays up to one year in advance.

Just use this link http://www.ihgfriendsandfamily.com/dhcwp2
and pm me and I will provide the employee info.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:30 am
uk1
Suspended

All this attention from IHG employees is flattering, but it's a bit of a shame that we've not had a long-term IHG lurker here who has helped us and then in return we all could have used their page to help them win some of prizes in this employee promo as a sort of "thankyou". Evidently many of them knew we were here.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:20 pm

Has anyone used the F&F rate at IC HKG and received RA upgrade and points?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
F&F rate is very tempting...

Some very good rates are showing for HK but I hate to book a non-refundable rate.

Just waiting to see if people are getting Ambassador upgrades/amenities, points/night credits, and wonder if this rate can be combined with the upcoming free nights promotion

BTW, my brother booked a HI using the F&F rate when it first came out. He found out today that the same rate went down by $6 per day. He called IHG but they can't help him. He then called the hotel and they drop the rate for him ^

Last edited by Queen438; Apr 21, 2009 at 10:29 pm
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:06 pm

Well thus far, I have booked a FF rate at IC Madrid and they emailed me and said I would receive a Jr Suite and all the RA benefits.

I also emailed IC Tahiti and they said if I booked the garden view room, (1 step above bottom) I would receive the Lotus OTW Bungalow and all RA benefits. Haven't booked that one yet...trying to find the money. Ah, elusive money...
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Originally Posted by uk1
All this attention from IHG employees is flattering, but it's a bit of a shame that we've not had a long-term IHG lurker here who has helped us and then in return we all could have used their page to help them win some of prizes in this employee promo as a sort of "thankyou". Evidently many of them knew we were here.
As much as I am sure that even some employees would like to see a lurker, nobody thats already on here can do that job. The last thing that they would want to do is act "officially" when they werent told to do it. As many have noted, it might be better the way it is so that we dont have to take down the rate codes or the promo stickes i.e. the Marriott Rewards forum.
Personally, I like things the way that they are and think we are changing too many things too fast in the forum already, but others may disagree.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 4:34 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by wonderbret
As much as I am sure that even some employees would like to see a lurker, nobody thats already on here can do that job. The last thing that they would want to do is act "officially" when they werent told to do it. As many have noted, it might be better the way it is so that we dont have to take down the rate codes or the promo stickes i.e. the Marriott Rewards forum.
Personally, I like things the way that they are and think we are changing too many things too fast in the forum already, but others may disagree.
Thanks, that's why I suggested that it'd be nice to have one that could help.

1. The rate codes and promo stickers need not have anything to do with lurkers. Other forums are able to combine "useful information" without the lurkers feeling they are compromised. Other forums have unoffical lurkers who work well and are appreciated.

2. The changes in the forum are a different topic entirely and with which I have some sympathy. I guess it feels a bit like we're waiting for some sort of conclusion or a step back to what it was.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:51 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
I just finished a stay in the IC Singapore on the F&F rate and I got an upgrade and all RA benefits. More is in the RA experience thread.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by sven60035
I just finished a stay in the IC Singapore on the F&F rate and I got an upgrade and all RA benefits. More is in the RA experience thread.
thanks. i will be going to singapore in november. how do you use a bogo with advance purchase rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.