Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by davidw70
IHG today announced the conversion of this hotel after renovation to a Kimpton in 2017
Very good news
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

How good is that if it doesn't participate in IHG Rewards ?
Seems like a loss for IHG reward members

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jan 28, 2016 at 11:30 pm
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:30 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/5...tel-conversion
Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
How good is that if it doesn't participate in IHG Rewards ?
Seems like a loss for IHG reward members
I cannot imagine that Kimpton hotels won't be part of IHG Rewards at the end of the renovation of the former Crowne Plaza.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I cannot imagine that Kimpton hotels won't be part of IHG Rewards at the end of the renovation of the former Crowne Plaza.
IHG already announced in Nov2015 that Kimpton loyalty scheme will be incorporated starting in 2017.

No doubt the CP Amsterdam switch is timed to happen with that
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Speculation that IHG might rebrand "better properties" into Kimpton/IC group and leave the lousy ones for the poor IHG "others"? That would be way to turn down Spires or the whole program excluding very Inner Circle/Ambassadors...
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Any recent reports? How will I be treated as Spire?

I was also looking at Doubletree by the train station but figured I might get better treatment as IHG Spire than HH Gold.

I know the Doubletree must be nicer so I made my choice based on potential perks.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Any recent reports? How will I be treated as Spire?

I was also looking at Doubletree by the train station but figured I might get better treatment as IHG Spire than HH Gold.

I know the Doubletree must be nicer so I made my choice based on potential perks.
Checked out yesterday from an award stay. Received upgrade, welcome gift, drink voucher, welcome points, 50% of breakfast and 14:00 check out as Spire. Quite happy about that.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:39 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by FFlash
Speculation that IHG might rebrand "better properties" into Kimpton/IC group and leave the lousy ones for the poor IHG "others"? That would be way to turn down Spires or the whole program excluding very Inner Circle/Ambassadors...
According to http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-for-amsterdam the CP will become a Kimpton in 2017
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
According to http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-for-amsterdam the CP will become a Kimpton in 2017
Old news.

Announced by IHG with fanfare, quite sometime ago as first becoming European Kimpton from 2017 to coincide with merger of @Rewards and InnerCircle schemes.

I would be really pissed off if EXISTING-IHG-hotels become Kimpton w/o ensuring loyal Plats/Spires (who lack Kimpton status) still get current nenefits
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I will miss the Club Lounge when it goes as it is not part of the Kimpton brand apparently.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:31 pm

Been 3months, since last April2016 stays, just spending a night or two July2016.

As Spire upgraded from entry level Superior (which are queen Bedded) to non-bookable "IHG King Bed Rewards Room " Type .

First time I get one of these "IHG Rewards Room" rooms, maybe as hotel full and I'd requested early checkin if possible, as previously I tended to get a nice large IHG Club room w/o Lounge access versus my booked rooms.
As with all my other stays in this warren of a hotel, it is a "Corner Room" again, which I guess are on the whole a bit larger, but first time ever internal courtyard view rather than external view (which is not a complaint, just shows the CP tries to give me external room each visit).

Also a first to me here, and reported recently by others, since May2016, if a Spire elite, one is now offered checkin ammenity choice of 3 options...
either 600pts/drinks voucher/lounge access.
Obviously I chose Lounge, the lounge has a cold keg of beer to self serve, so I didn't miss the beer voucher ^

Manager actually came out to greet me, thanked me for my feedback in April, and mentioned due to my April feedback and our chat, the hotel decided to offer this extra lounge option to Spires.

Wow, I never had (or expected) a hotel manager to take any of my feedback to heart/on board like that. Maybe having several close together stays here and also the top IHG status helped.
I guess it is always worth being presentable, pleaseant and polite in ones dealings with a hotel.

I did mention the "IHG Spire Trial" at select hotels, but appears Amsterdam City is not part of that trial, so hotels kind offer of lounge for the last 6months of CP life May-Nov2016 (pre reopening as a Kimpton) is purely down to hotels manager call to voluntarily offer the extra Spire recognition.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
I did mention the "IHG Spire Trial" at select hotels, but appears Amsterdam City is not part of that trial, so hotels kind offer of lounge for the last 6months of CP life May-Nov2016 (pre reopening as a Kimpton) is purely down to hotels manager call to voluntarily offer the extra Spire recognition.
Strange that he would say that. They actually gave me a little card explaining the "IHG Spire Trial". I think I might still have it. If I can find it I will attach a scan.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Just noticed that the Kimpton De Witt hotel is now bookable. Unusually for a Kimpton, it is bookable via IHG site and has points availability.

If you try and book via Kimpton, you get the following message:

"For bookings with Kimpton De Witt, please be aware that IHG® Rewards Club terms and the IHG Lowest Price Promise apply. For Kimpton De Witt only, Kimpton Karma® Rewards and the Kimpton Best Rate Guarantee will not apply"
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by davidw70
Just noticed that the Kimpton De Witt hotel is now bookable. Unusually for a Kimpton, it is bookable via IHG site and has points availability.

If you try and book via Kimpton, you get the following message:

"For bookings with Kimpton De Witt, please be aware that IHG® Rewards Club terms and the IHG Lowest Price Promise apply. For Kimpton De Witt only, Kimpton Karma® Rewards and the Kimpton Best Rate Guarantee will not apply"
Opening date has slipped fair bit

First nigt bookable = 26th June

Shame really , I wanted a couple of rooms/nights end of April for NL's Kings' Day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.