Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by Goonerfish
shame!....yet another hotel diluting the programme!....sure its not in the t's & c's, but as previously stated...ive not been to many crowne plazas that don't give you club lounge access!!
The hotel is not diluting the program, but IHG did it several years ago. Probably in response to the increased number of Platinum members and complaints from the hotels.

This hotel has joined the many that no longer offer 'additional' benefits.

mxm135
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by MXM135
This hotel has joined the many that no longer offer 'additional' benefits.

mxm135
"Many"?? EVERY Crowne Plaza that I have stayed at has given me access to their lounge without asking. And the reason is less likely to be as a response to hotels complaining and more to do with nickels and dimes in the middle of a tough financial enviroment. But that doesn't mean that those nickels and dimes savings won't cost them a few guests here and there - like myself.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
"Many"?? EVERY Crowne Plaza that I have stayed at has given me access to their lounge without asking. And the reason is less likely to be as a response to hotels complaining and more to do with nickels and dimes in the middle of a tough financial enviroment. But that doesn't mean that those nickels and dimes savings won't cost them a few guests here and there - like myself.
You must be a lucky man to have every Crowne Plaza offer lounge access without asking. I've stayed at many CP's and don't always get access. In fact, I have booked one for a stay in the next few weeks and access to the Executive Lounge is only available if you book the Executive Floor room, with NO EXCEPTIONS.

mxm135
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
The hotel is not diluting the program, but IHG did it several years ago. Probably in response to the increased number of Platinum members and complaints from the hotels.

mxm135
This is the downside of PC Plat...because its arguably the easiest of all hotel top tier status to achieve it naturally will result in a higher percentage of PC members being platinum. Maybe the solution is to retain the benefits and simply increase the requirements to become Platinum in the first place!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the downside of PC Plat...because its arguably the easiest of all hotel top tier status to achieve it naturally will result in a higher percentage of PC members being platinum. Maybe the solution is to retain the benefits and simply increase the requirements to become Platinum in the first place!
Given the fact thatfewer than one-third of hotel nights are reserved by PCR members at all, I'm not sure the issue with guaranteed benefits is just because of the number of Plats. There are a lot of FT Plats, but I'm not sure there are really that many more Plats checking in at IHG properties on a given day than there are top tiers at other chains.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Given the fact thatfewer than one-third of hotel nights are reserved by PCR members at all, I'm not sure the issue with guaranteed benefits is just because of the number of Plats. There are a lot of FT Plats, but I'm not sure there are really that many more Plats checking in at IHG properties on a given day than there are top tiers at other chains.
I wonder how many Platinum members there are today, actual or percentage of members. The percentage in the Corporate statement is from November 2007 and is somewhat dated with Priority Club estimating that half a million people are joining monthly, with 48 million current members.

I wonder if Priority Club has published any more recent information?

mxm135
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder how many Platinum members there are today, actual or percentage of members. The percentage in the Corporate statement is from November 2007 and is somewhat dated with Priority Club estimating that half a million people are joining monthly, with 48 million current members.

I wonder if Priority Club has published any more recent information?
The Fact Sheet claims 48 million members, supposedly with figures as of December 2009: http://ihgplc.com/files/pdf/factshee...iorityclub.pdf

The latest SEC filing indicates currently 48 million PCR members (compared to 42 million in 2008): http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...201002166k.htm
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.395 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

You must be a lucky man to have every Crowne Plaza offer lounge access without asking. I've stayed at many CP's and don't always get access. In fact, I have booked one for a stay in the next few weeks and access to the Executive Lounge is only available if you book the Executive Floor room, with NO EXCEPTIONS.

mxm135
Actually, I consider myself a very lucky guy but that has nothing to do with my CP experiences.^

Sorry to hear that you haven't had better luck with lounge access.

Bottom line is I hope the rest of the CPs out there don't follow the CO Amsterdam's lead. Might be a good topic for a new thread - "CPs that do/dont give Plats lounge access".
Old Mar 16, 2010, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The internet site also says that "Priority Club members outnumber the population of many countries including the Netherlands, Hungary and Syria" and that "More than 300,000 people are joining up every month", the property is perhaps to have the whole country booking at this hotel
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.395 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Might be a good topic for a new thread - "CPs that do/dont give Plats lounge access".
Tremendous idea!! +1
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tremendous idea!! +1
I think the existing Elite status stay reports thread accomplishes this and more.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Not so sure....a HI I frequently stay at told me that the % of guests they have that are platinum are extremely high. This was a response to an upgrade query and they told me that they have so many platinum guests that they have to rotate their upgrades for their regular platinums. (Not sure if that was just them fobbing me off due to the fact that I either book a Travel Agent rate or the 2 for 1 rate!!)

Incidentally. you seem to know your stuff....do the hotel set aside a specific amount of rooms they use for upgrades and once that quota has been met then they do not offer any more upgrades? Or is it just a case of if any higher room are available then they will fill these completely with upgrades if possible??
Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by thepla
I was there with my wife and was told no free breakfast for 2, only the member.
What's this hotel's policy in terms of Platinum benefits on Award nights?

Is the free breakfast voucher something they still offer to Platinum members? And if so does it include award nights?

Also, do they tend to upgrade Platinum members on award nights?

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not so sure....a HI I frequently stay at told me that the % of guests they have that are platinum are extremely high. This was a response to an upgrade query and they told me that they have so many platinum guests that they have to rotate their upgrades for their regular platinums.
I'm calling bs on this. I'm inclined to believe the earlier number someone stated that a third of people staying in any particular (IC, HI, HIX) hotel are even PC members. People forget that we here at FT are a small subset of people out there traveling every day.

I have no doubt that they might not have had an upgrade available but odds are it wasn't because of too many Plats.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:31 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by clubman
What's this hotel's policy in terms of Platinum benefits on Award nights?

Is the free breakfast voucher something they still offer to Platinum members? And if so does it include award nights?

Also, do they tend to upgrade Platinum members on award nights?

Thanks!
I too would love to know the nitty gritty here I am thinking of moving my reservation elsewhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.