Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
De Witt Hotel doesn't participate in Kimpton Karma Rewards

Infinite Loyalty for IHG™ Rewards Club Members

Loyalty never fades. Although Kimpton De Witt Hotel doesn't participate in Kimpton Karma Rewards, we warmly welcome IHG™ Rewards Club members.

http://www.kimptondewitthotel.com/rewards-club/
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davidw70
IHG today announced the conversion of this hotel after renovation to a Kimpton in 2017
Any reason for the conversion? Stayed at this hotel before and thought I was very good as it was. No need to make it fancier if you ask me.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You would imagine a generous bribe from IHG which wanted to get a Kimpton into a key spot in a key EU city quickly .....
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Any reason for the conversion? Stayed at this hotel before and thought I was very good as it was. No need to make it fancier if you ask me.
I do believe that Amsterdam is very good spot to introduce the new Kimpton concept in Europe (numerous tourists and businessmen visiting the city, number of design hotels).

The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam was pleasant, but renovation looks already dated and has definitely not the charm of the new design.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Owners happy with IHG as a whole as hotel always a high occupancy, often soldout hotel. Has a great city center location but was limited on chargeable amount per room by virtue of 2nd tier 4* status of CP brand.

By rebranding as a Kimpton, owners get to be a 5* rather than 4* hotel and can charge more per room, whilst remaining under the IHG umbrella the owners were already happy with, and by staying within IHG owners had no exit fees to leave the IHG family of brands.

I have a 1night stay booked to check hotel out, similar rate to IC Amstel now, if booking King Exec room then it is eur300++ at Kimpton versus eur375++ at Amstel, both now 50k points for award nights (CP was 45k points before).

Entry Kimpton level room rate has increased (as expected) from old CP rate of eur160-170 to now 250.

I can't really justify that extra 50% for my Amsterdam city center stays when the Marriott branded Rennaissance Hotel 100m away is Eur150 and instead of similar rate is now somewhat lower.
Plus as an RA, I would stay at IC Amstel versus IHG non-IC's, as non-IC spend stupidly doesn't count according to IHG from 2017 onwards towards RA requalification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.