Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Center (after refurbishment) [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Maybe you can get a few impression how the hotel looks after the refurbishment from a report of a stay back in November 2010 on my homepage: http://www.hotels-and-travel.de/hote...l_ams_cpcc.htm

The rooms vary in terms of size and location but from my impression they are more of the small side, but there must be also room which are slightly larger than what I get in 2010 (and the most of my other stays I did not report about).

The lounge - I have had no access as I never booked a club room - is on the ground floor and the windows are to the pedestrian zone.

The Ambassador status will not get you anything as this is a Crowne Plaza and not an Intercontinental hotel. The upgrade - if any - will only be one category from my experience. Platinum benefits are the one mentioned in this thread. However, this will not get you much as breakfast is available in the club lounge as well as drinks.

There is only the New Dorrius restaurant. If you refer to the former bar on the ground floor, this space is now the lounge. Designwise the "New Dorrius" is modern with windows to the pedestrian zone.

Are you sure, the hotel has had a pool in the past?
Thank you.

Yes, I am sure there was a pool, and no, I had not been smoking anything when I was in Amsterdam....

I only mentioned my Ambassadoe status as others had mentioned it when referring to benefits, but agree that it should not have any impact; only the Platinum status.

I have stayed in small rooms previously, which is why I asked. The website room descriptions are poor and not really helpful.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:57 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Regarding the pool; you are right. I have never visited it due to lack of time, therefore I forgot there was one.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thank you.

Yes, I am sure there was a pool, and no, I had not been smoking anything when I was in Amsterdam....
Indeed there was a pool, not as nice as Amstel's one, but still very pleasant.
I don't know what they have done with it/why they did not keep it.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
had a perfectly lovely two night stay here, was upgraded as a plat from a standard room to a nicer one (no idea what, maybe a deluxe? an executive? it was larger than i was expecting...had a sofa and a desk, not enormous by any stretch but much more spacious than i was prepared for). no view, we overlooked a courtyard and buildings, but that meant the room was VERY quiet, which we greatly appreciated. knew that lounge access wasn't included, so didn't even ask.

cool toiletries, too, from rituals, a local lotions and potions store. ^

free internet as a plat, coupon for two free drinks and 50% off breakfast, (we didn't use either) and a welcome gift of a bar of chocolate, some aromatherapy spray and a bottle of water.

we took the train back to the airport and it was an easy and straightforward walk from the front door of the hotel to the train station. we thought the staff was quite helpful and the location stellar; i'd come back anytime.

Last edited by karenkay; Apr 19, 2012 at 10:26 am
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for the post karenkay.

Looking forward to my stay, and hope to receive similar Platinum benefits, although I see that the hotel is very busy when I am staying there, with only Executive Suites, IIRC, available.
Old May 21, 2012, 3:44 pm

I have just returned from two nights at the CP Amsterdam City Centre and really enjoyed my stay.

The lobby looks fresh and inviting, and we received a warm and friendly welcome. I had booked a deluxe room with Club Lounge access and was upgraded to a "Charming Authentic Amsterdam Junior Suite". It was a large room, nicely decorated and had sloping walls and beams. Very comfortable.

I think we could have had breakfast in the restaurant for EUR10 each, but were happy with the reasonable continental in the Club Lounge, which is a calm and relaxing room. Some warm snacks in the evening, which were nice.

As a Platinum PC member, I was also given a voucher for two free drinks from the lounge and the welcome letter mentioned that I could receive 25% discount off lunch and dinner and drinks (for 2 persons and excluding happy hour), 25% off local, long distance and international phone calls and 25% off valet parking. We also received a box of chocolates with fridge magnet and bottle of wine.

I found the staff very friendly and helpful and I would certainly be happy to stay here again. ^

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; May 22, 2012 at 1:35 pm
Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Plat Member, received upgrade to Club Lounge and 2 Drinks vouchers. No access to Club Lounge despite being upgraded to Club Room - hotel policy is that one must pay for a Club Lounge to gain access.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent reports? I am a platinum ambassador and am wondering what perks one would get now, since their renovation.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
November 2013 stay by RA

IIRC we received a welcome drink voucher for 2 as well as a packet of sweets.

As an RA, not to be given club access (or a room upgrade as far as I can recall) is always a tiny bit disappointing, but the hotel is central, service was adequate and the proposition overall seemed like good value.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by catharsis
IIRC we received a welcome drink voucher for 2 as well as a packet of sweets.

As an RA, not to be given club access (or a room upgrade as far as I can recall) is always a tiny bit disappointing, but the hotel is central, service was adequate and the proposition overall seemed like good value.
I am always upgraded to Suite or Club Room (but with no club access) at this property as RA.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22400443-post599.html
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:38 am

Thumbs down

Arrived at the hotel today. I did not read recent reports unfortunately and would not have chosen this hotel,
as RA got 2 drink vouchers
really not good enough.but probably within the rules.
the room is well appointed but I don't do 70 + nights a year for 2 drink vouchers.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
as RA got 2 drink vouchers
Have you not been upgraded?

Platinum members get also discount voucher for breakfast and restaurant.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Right now the Hotel states not to give out a Breakfast Voucher, they just offer 50% discount on the Breakfast itself for Platinums.
Any other recent experience?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
As a IHGgold i got welcome points and stroopwafels but also an upgrade from amsterdam classic junior suite to bridalsuite (in their tradional townhouse annex) so can't complain.

Havn't stayed there as a platinum but will report if such an occeassion arises.
The hotel itself is pleasent.
Lobby area has seats to wait in, general lounge area behind the reception is very atmospheric.
Restaurant looked good/smart but didn't use it.
Clublounge is acces encoded on your keycard but no attendant/strict policing, has coffee machine/free flow softdrinks/sweets/cookies, boardgames/magazines. Three choices of warm nibbles during happy hour but not enough to make a meal out of it.

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 16, 2015 at 11:56 am
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
IHG today announced the conversion of this hotel after renovation to a Kimpton in 2017

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.