Wiki Posts
Search

RA new criteria now is under review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA
Thumbs up Well said

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

I would rather have my own lounge in a suite rather than have access to a shared club lounge

^
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: IHG
Rang in, after being dropped to Ambassador. I had already had a manual count to 53 nights. 7 nights in Estoril last week took me to 60. Manually renewed. Quite relieved!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
RA Renewal

My RA year is over on Oct 31, 2015. In my IHG Rewards Club account activity on Sept 30, I received the Royal Ambassador Renewal notice.

As of Sept 30 (not including reward or rollover nights), I had 60 total IHG stays and 23 of those nights were IC stays at 7 different ICs for my RA year. Of course, by Oct 31, I'll have a total 29 IC stays and 70 total IHG stays...

Just wanted to add some additional info that the 60/20/3 criteria still seems to be valid!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
My RA year is over on Oct 31, 2015. In my IHG Rewards Club account activity on Sept 30, I received the Royal Ambassador Renewal notice.

As of Sept 30 (not including reward or rollover nights), I had 60 total IHG stays and 23 of those nights were IC stays at 7 different ICs for my RA year. Of course, by Oct 31, I'll have a total 29 IC stays and 70 total IHG stays...

Just wanted to add some additional info that the 60/20/3 criteria still seems to be valid!
Thanks for the data point, it's good to know things haven't changed...yet.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Wouldn't it be an idea to change this thread title to RA criteria currently unchanged?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
Originally Posted by scubaccr
I have become quite expert on this, now 3rd year in a row I have been manually adjusted after contact Ambassador desk via skype. On the bright side historically I always received both Amb and RA packs, about 2-5days apart, so was gettng 2x BOGO certs a year. Hope you get both too.

1. yes any nights across all IHG brands that are manually adjusted to become paid qualifying (whether by you contacting IHG or Hotel) are not spotted by the RA nights counter

2. Yes you need have Amb Desk manually review your nights which they do for a 365 rolling period ending day you contact them.
For the first time this year I did not need escalate to a supervisor to do this manual check, so the normal reps seem better aware of this issue by now

3. The IHG Rep can not correct your status immediately, as it is not possible for rep to give you RA status manually until you first drop from RA to Ambassador.
The IHG rep makes a note and checks on 1st of month after you drop to plain ambassador and then manually renews you

4. Only original rep who did the manual check is allowed to upgrade you to RA. For someone else to, they then would have to redo the manual check (doh) so instead will just tell you to wait on rep you spoke to nn days ago to refresh your account
Thank you for this information
I used numbers 2, 3 and 4 and achieved RA status for the first time. Thanks!

Yes, still 60/20/3. I'm not sure how to determine expration date. Ideas?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JimmyJoe
Thank you for this information
I used numbers 2, 3 and 4 and achieved RA status for the first time. Thanks!

Yes, still 60/20/3. I'm not sure how to determine expration date. Ideas?
End of your qualification month next year.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:29 am

I contacted IHG today about why I have not received my new RA kit and got some gibberish out of the lady about a problem with the vendor that supplies the kits

IMO it looks like there will be a change in 2016 linked to Spire

I definitely had a negative feeling after the call
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Maybe they are changing the card outlook? Same as in the Iphone\Android app.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by saint77
I contacted IHG today about why I have not received my new RA kit and got some gibberish out of the lady about a problem with the vendor that supplies the kits

IMO it looks like there will be a change in 2016 linked to Spire

I definitely had a negative feeling after the call
Hmm, after qualifying in June (February is my Amb membership) after 2 years of not being RA, I was told I'd be RA until 2017 but recently my online renewal date has changed to 2016. If they now change the RA criteria I'd be a little upset.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by Jages
Hmm, after qualifying in June (February is my Amb membership) after 2 years of not being RA, I was told I'd be RA until 2017 but recently my online renewal date has changed to 2016. If they now change the RA criteria I'd be a little upset.
My hope is that Spire + 20 IC + 3 ICs give RA.

With 165k base points and 30+ IC Nights tid year I feel like a valuable customer.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
Originally Posted by saint77
It's been 4.5 weeks since I qualified and I've yet to receive the kit. I believe they said 4 to 6 weeks. However, I have key to receive my Spire Ambassador kit form June which I called about in September and they said they would resend. ...
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by chrisljo
My hope is that Spire + 20 IC + 3 ICs give RA.

With 165k base points and 30+ IC Nights tid year I feel like a valuable customer.
That would be absolutely idiotic of them, I'd love it. Then they'd promptly cut RA benefits, I suppose =/
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JimmyJoe
It's been 4.5 weeks since I qualified and I've yet to receive the kit. I believe they said 4 to 6 weeks. However, I have key to receive my Spire Ambassador kit form June which I called about in September and they said they would resend. ...
I have been waiting 9 weeks for my new RA kit.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I have been waiting 9 weeks for my new RA kit.
that seems a bit of a stretch, have you called Salt Lake to check? whilst they say 4-6 weeks, i've always received them within three weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.