Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RA new criteria now is under review

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:57 pm

my RA card says Aug 1, 2015, so I guess that makes it July 31

personally I am comfortable with the by invitation only qualification as I believe members who have been RAs for several years will see a bit more flexibility when it comes time to renew
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Just got notice of RA renewal. YTD 61 qualifying nights, 20 IC nights, 10 different IC locations.

To me it seems as if criteria hasn't changed, just public/hidden.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Just got notice of RA renewal. YTD 61 qualifying nights, 20 IC nights, 10 different IC locations.

To me it seems as if criteria hasn't changed, just public/hidden.
Does your RA expire at the end of September? I haven't seen anything yet and am on about 90 paid nights with 31 IC.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Does your RA expire at the end of September? I haven't seen anything yet and am on about 90 paid nights with 31 IC.
It actually ends at the end of November. I called a few days ago for them to do a manual count, was told I re-qualified, and asked for written confirmation. I did this as insurance just in case criteria changes within the next couple of months.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
It actually ends at the end of November. I called a few days ago for them to do a manual count, was told I re-qualified, and asked for written confirmation. I did this as insurance just in case criteria changes within the next couple of months.
That is very odd, they won't normally confirm that far out as the rolling totals may change.

I have just called to ask why my autorenewal hasn't yet gone through and was told that it would happen as an automatic thing and that I had definitely hit the totals and the 60/20/3 rule was still in play right now.

I will give it a couple of days and then follow up.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:39 pm

That is very odd, they won't normally confirm that far out as the rolling totals may change.
My AMB year ends November 30th. I didn't have any stays in December of 2014. So my current 2015 YTD stays and rolling AMB year stays are actually the same. Any changes to my rolling totals would be upward making my case for RA stronger.

Good luck with your re-qual!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
My RA was set to expire today, been and RA for ten years. Sent email, here was the reply: "Our records show that for the past 365 days, you have accumulated 73 qualifying nights, 21 of which were made at 6 different InterContinental Hotels. May we advise that Reward Night stays do not count towards the Royal Ambassador tier. In this regard, we are pleased to inform you that as of 31 August 2015, you have requalified for the Royal Ambassador status."

The reason for the lack of IC hotel nights was the cities I was traveling too just did not have them, like Vancouver BC etc. I also had about 50 reward nights.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:36 pm

hope they continue to add IC properties, maintaining RA has us all on the road at least 20% of the year and some of these HI, HIEX and CP stays can be brutal

rather than stay at the nice Hyatt in Tanzania, being forced to stay at a dreary HI ;-(

will limit my future reward stays and point usage to ICs in London + HK
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Very happy to see the magic line on my account (I think it is 10 years in a row now): ^^

31-Aug-2015 | Other | Royal Ambassador Renewal

(my RA status was supposed to expire on 1st October)
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Very happy to see the magic line on my account (I think it is 10 years in a row now): ^^

31-Aug-2015 | Other | Royal Ambassador Renewal

(my RA status was supposed to expire on 1st October)
I just had the same which is a big relief with all the current uncertainty.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I just had the same which is a big relief with all the current uncertainty.
^^

Still, remember that the current uncertainty is mainly fed by comments / rumors based on nothing tangible or official (the same for this very thread, posted by someone having written ...8 posts).

As we know that Royal Ambassador status is simply great (and no other competitor has any equivalent program), don't be surprised that - at the very moment IHG does not publish anymore the exact number of nights needed - anyone can say anything at anytime without the slightest official information.

So I am afraid that there will be a lot more comments based on nothing after this post...

Last edited by nicolas75; Sep 2, 2015 at 8:00 am
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Again I ask what civilised country allows unilateral change of consumer contracts in this way which potentially give rise to legal loss without a hefty dollop of consumer protection legislation to counter?

It doesn't matter what the T&C's say it matters what is allowed within the jurisdiction of the supplier entity (in this case the UK, so firmly caught by UTCC regs) and the jurisdiction of the customer/member, together with the T&C's.

The T&C's may be changed to allow any hotel GM to murder any guest they feel to be a pain (and I am quite sure that some would love that to be in the T&C's) but that doesn't practically confer that right does it?

In addition there is the commercial downside of behaving in an arbitrary way towards your most frequent guests.
Contracting out, IIRC
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Voucher
Whatever is under review at the moment, I wish if they switch the criteria from "qualifying nights" to "based on spending" (i.e. 150k qualifying pts per ambassador calendar year).
I think it would be more fair for everyone geography! + it's win win situation for both, members and chain. though they can still have the IC's stays requirement.
^ +1
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Yea right so 25x . 5k bonus night stays (125k bonus and 25k at 1k/night) gets you RA ... Not going to happen whilst elite qualifying points can be obtained through secondary routes to actual spend on a room rate
can be solved based on actual spend, i'd suggest say USD10K for RA

currently 40 HI nights @what USD100, and 20 IC nights @USD200 equates to 8K, plus additional ancillary spend.

my stay pattern has changed considerably over the past year, but i always get two suites, so spend is significant, but get the same number of nights as customers that take a single suite.

i think based on actual spend would be far more attractive to IHG, and customers, no matter what type.

and what about RA for life, after say 10 years.

Last edited by Tim O'Brien; Sep 3, 2015 at 2:41 pm
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Voucher
Well, bonus pts shouldn't be count to status pts from the beginning! as they do with airlines mile. Just cut these routes and set 150k pts (15k USD) or even 200k pts.

The whole idea is to give the 1% status to whom actually deserve it.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.