RA new criteria now is under review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thbe
Me and others wasn't told that.

John Ollila wrote on Sep 8:
"If you send an email to Ambassador Service Center about possible Royal Ambassador qualification requirements, you probably get a reply saying that the current requirements are:
– 75 total nights
– Minimum of 30 InterContinental nights
– At least three different InterContinental hotels
– Only paid nights count"

I think, they changed it for new RA, but keep up the 60/20/3 for those, who are already RA and even more who are RA for years.
This also isn't true as I know someone who qualified in July based on 60/20/3 and who also posted about that here.

AMB services were unequivocal when I spoke to them about 60/20/3 and there isn't a single example that has been oven here of someone hitting the 60/20/3 requirement to qualify/requalify being denied.

As others have said I think this 75/30/3 requirement is currently a figment of someone's imagination.

I tend to give more credibility to those who have been around here for some time relating their experience rather than newbies for whom all but one of a small number of posts have been on a single topic. It looks rather like an axe being ground, rather than good information being shared.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
This also isn't true as I know someone who qualified in July based on 60/20/3 and who also posted about that here.

AMB services were unequivocal when I spoke to them about 60/20/3 and there isn't a single example that has been oven here of someone hitting the 60/20/3 requirement to qualify/requalify being denied.

As others have said I think this 75/30/3 requirement is currently a figment of someone's imagination.

I tend to give more credibility to those who have been around here for some time relating their experience rather than newbies for whom all but one of a small number of posts have been on a single topic. It looks rather like an axe being ground, rather than good information being shared.
Wouldn't say totally a figment since IHG did for 2hours put higher goal into t+c's on day of 11th July when Spire went live. However for now the previously known requirements 20/60/3 of last 3years definitely still holds true.

My September 1st renewal was with only 25 IC nights this renewal, though also well over 75 IHG paid-qual nights.

My manual help desk check mid July right after the 75/30/3 temporary update, I was told that I needed 1more IC night as I only had 19 of paid qual rate at that time. So I had no need to book extra unplanned IC nights to hit 30 rather than 20 before 31st August
Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Wouldn't say totally a figment since IHG did for 2hours put higher goal into t+c's on day of 11th July when Spire went live. However for now the previously known requirements 20/60/3 of last 3years definitely still holds true.

My September 1st renewal was with only 25 IC nights this renewal, though also well over 75 IHG paid-qual nights.

My manual help desk check mid July right after the 75/30/3 temporary update, I was told that I needed 1more IC night as I only had 19 of paid qual rate at that time. So I had no need to book extra unplanned IC nights to hit 30 rather than 20 before 31st August
Depends though, is there screenshot proof of this?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Depends though, is there screenshot proof of this?
It was there when somebody posted about it on the spire thread the day the status was launched. I did go and check but not being an RA I didn't think to screenshot tbh as I had no reason to do so.

The thread is becoming the FT version of Groundhog Day though. From what everyone is posting its safe to say the 60/20/3 is still in play at the moment as these have came from people who have just been renewed and have a very long posting history here on FT over numerous topics.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Forgive my curiosity, but if you are happy shelling out for top-end suites, and the concomitant services and attention, each time you stay at an IC .... what do you get out of RA membership?
early check in, late check out, mini bar, and the upgrade leverage^
Old Sep 13, 2015, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

^
Old Sep 13, 2015, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
It was there when somebody posted about it on the spire thread the day the status was launched. I did go and check but not being an RA I didn't think to screenshot tbh as I had no reason to do so.

The thread is becoming the FT version of Groundhog Day though. From what everyone is posting its safe to say the 60/20/3 is still in play at the moment as these have came from people who have just been renewed and have a very long posting history here on FT over numerous topics.
^
Old Sep 13, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
For all we know they already do consider revenue and maybe other factors. "By invitation" covers that. Where is the problem?
no problem, but that's just speculative also, only criteria published is the 60/20/3, no spend published, nor acknowledged.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:13 am

early check in, late check out, mini bar, and the upgrade leverage has been mentioned several times but you are omitting what is in general most important to me as a long-time RA

CLUB ACCESS (and of course it is not always granted)
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by saint77
early check in, late check out, mini bar, and the upgrade leverage has been mentioned several times but you are omitting what is in general most important to me as a long-time RA

This is the least predictable benefit of RA though.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:52 am

i've never not received Club, but good point, it should not be taken for granted.

i think the other issue we shld be rallying for is Lifetime RA, say for those that earn it over 10 years. A win win for IHG, retaining profitable customers, and its most loyal customers.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:48 am

I can name ICs all over the world where RAs do not get Club access

Often you can trade your suite upgrade for Club but that is not guaranteed either

8AM check-in and Club access are above all the other benefits IMO, as a business traveller, the suite is often overkill
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:05 am

Often you can trade your suite upgrade for Club but that is not guaranteed either

8AM check-in and Club access are above all the other benefits IMO, as a business traveller, the suite is often overkill

i may get club access because i don't book the cheapest room, i generally pay for a room category a few under Presidential. I find the free mini bar a great benefit also.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i may get club access because i don't book the cheapest room, i generally pay for a room category a few under Presidential. I find the free mini bar a great benefit also.
+1

Booking an entry level room often means no club lounge unless one either upsells or is treated specially by an individual hotel due to being a frequent repeat guest.
One needs to understand each individual IC hotels policy which can change with a new GM. Sometimes I decide I am better off saving on Lounge access to eat room-service or eat out etc

I book a mixture of rooms if I know I want Lounge access, and knowing in advance the Lounge upsell fee (or if IC gives Lounge for free) I know whether to prebook room with club or book cheaper and choose Lounge upsell on arrival

Eg I usually book Second Category of Superior room at Park Lane and upsell to Lounge over initially booking London Exec Room that includes lounge access
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

you may think it is overkill, but I would always take a suite over club access. I have pretty much no interest in clubs access, but do book suites when I travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.