Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 3:29 am

Please post all deals found. The policy was changed when IHG started taking down better prices immediately.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:57 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Some new practice to deny the claim. A Crowne Plaza listed on IHG is $280+tax around 16% (the lowest). Booking.com is showing a $243 rate, for the same exact room. The small print is showing that "15% service fee is not included". When you go and book on booking.com, there is no service fee, so the price will be $243+tax payable at the hotel when you check in.

BPG department denied the claim on the ground that booking.com 15% fee will be included at the time of the check in, making the rate the same as on IHG site.

Well, again, the IHG BPG is proving to be a marketing pitch, nothing more.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: united 1k
but what would happen to the service fee if you actually book through booking.com?
Originally Posted by iggyray
Some new practice to deny the claim. A Crowne Plaza listed on IHG is $280+tax around 16% (the lowest). Booking.com is showing a $243 rate, for the same exact room. The small print is showing that "15% service fee is not included". When you go and book on booking.com, there is no service fee, so the price will be $243+tax payable at the hotel when you check in.

BPG department denied the claim on the ground that booking.com 15% fee will be included at the time of the check in, making the rate the same as on IHG site.

Old May 31, 2012, 1:16 am

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
That's complete BS quote rule #6 stating specifly that fees and taxes do not apply !

Old May 31, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
IC Singapore

A few weeks ago I have found a lower rate for the shophouse suite at the IC SIN. I had 2 active bookings with the IC back then - one for 1 person, the other for 2 persons, both for the same suite but under different accounts.

Then I called the BRG desk, got the claim approved as a valid claim. Next day, I got a mail from the BRG desk saying that my reservation is not valid anymore because it got changed from 2 to 3 persons! I just thought: what the hell is going on here. I haven't done anything...
It seems that the hotel combined the 2 bookings to one single booking and therefore it was not valid anymore :s Funny innit!?
Old May 31, 2012, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by flo_147
A few weeks ago I have found a lower rate for the shophouse suite at the IC SIN. I had 2 active bookings with the IC back then - one for 1 person, the other for 2 persons, both for the same suite but under different accounts.

Then I called the BRG desk, got the claim approved as a valid claim. Next day, I got a mail from the BRG desk saying that my reservation is not valid anymore because it got changed from 2 to 3 persons! I just thought: what the hell is going on here. I haven't done anything...
It seems that the hotel combined the 2 bookings to one single booking and therefore it was not valid anymore :s Funny innit!?
I wonder if the hotel can combine two bookings in different accounts. It will lead to potential complications of financial and legal issues. For example, who will be responsible for compensation if something wrong happens in the room? (I don't mean you will break anything there.)

The only reason that I can think of is that both reservations are under the same name. If it is the case, Priority Club may even simply combines two accounts because the terms and conditions of Priority Club membership forbid any person to have two active accounts. Also, all claims but the first one are to be disqualified under this hypothesis.
Old May 31, 2012, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Shimon
Please post all deals found. The policy was changed when IHG started taking down better prices immediately.
That's not true. I have claimed a BRG with an advance purchase rate at a hotel in February, but the prices on the third-party website and IHG website had stayed the same for at least six more days until the advance purchase rate was taken down as time approached.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by samwkchan
I wonder if the hotel can combine two bookings in different accounts. It will lead to potential complications of financial and legal issues. For example, who will be responsible for compensation if something wrong happens in the room? (I don't mean you will break anything there.)

The only reason that I can think of is that both reservations are under the same name. If it is the case, Priority Club may even simply combines two accounts because the terms and conditions of Priority Club membership forbid any person to have two active accounts. Also, all claims but the first one are to be disqualified under this hypothesis.
the first res was under my friends name and I was the additional guest on the res. The second res was under my name...
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
That's not true. I have claimed a BRG with an advance purchase rate at a hotel in February, but the prices on the third-party website and IHG website had stayed the same for at least six more days until the advance purchase rate was taken down as time approached.
The 3rd-party reference for my successful BRG claim was removed within 24-hours. It was a $300+ room offered for a little over $200 elsewhere.

Correction of the anomaly is the reaction I'd expect if IHG are using their "guarantee" to police hotels' distribution strategies.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by flo_147
the first res was under my friends name and I was the additional guest on the res. The second res was under my name...
It's the reason. Unless you have another friend in the trip sharing the same name with you, there is little to argue.

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The 3rd-party reference for my successful BRG claim was removed within 24-hours. It was a $300+ room offered for a little over $200 elsewhere.

Correction of the anomaly is the reaction I'd expect if IHG are using their "guarantee" to police hotels' distribution strategies.
Revising or removing the third-party lower rate is expected. It is their ultimate reason for running the BRG. In my last mentioned case, it might be because of the slow reaction from the hotel side. However, my friends and I did claim four rooms for the same date in the same hotel successfully. It was done by calling in by four different people at the same time. Although the third-party rate was taken down just two hours after our first claim, we have secured enough free rooms for our two-day excursion.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:29 am

Thank you for confirming what I said. Since your booking in February things have changed. Policy then was not to publish finds. This has changed to publish all changes since IHG take down better price immediately and are now setup to do this during the claim process.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Shimon
Thank you for confirming what I said. Since your booking in February things have changed. Policy then was not to publish finds. This has changed to publish all changes since IHG take down better price immediately and are now setup to do this during the claim process.
The one I found, claimed and posted in late April was still available several days later...
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:38 am

Today is June. Not April.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Oh, there's another one:

A hotel on IHG is 333+taxes, easytobook.com is "giving" 2% discount of that showing the IHG and then reducing 2%. (They get that back on the paying page, in the form of $6+ "booking fee", cheeky .......s).

However, while I was looking at that screen with a red sign that said 2% off, the BRG person, did not see that on their end, and claimed that easytobook.com is showing the same $333 as the IHG.

I mean, how can that be? Is it possible that easytobook.com is playing with the IP, not showing the IHG the prices they are selling their properties?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:26 am

Oh, there's another one:

A hotel on IHG is 333+taxes, easytobook.com is "giving" 2% discount of that showing the IHG and then reducing 2%. (They get that back on the paying page, in the form of $6+ "booking fee", cheeky .......s).

However, while I was looking at that screen with a red sign that said 2% off, the BRG person, did not see that on their end, and claimed that easytobook.com is showing the same $333 as the IHG.

I mean, how can that be? Is it possible that easytobook.com is playing with the IP, not showing the IHG the prices they are selling their properties?
I had one of those too - If you are connecting to Easytobook.com thru Kayak the 2% shows up - If you are going directly thru easytobook.com the 2% discount is nowhere to be found - Apparently using kayak gets you the 2% discount, whereas the Priority club BRG line is probably going directly to easytobook.com with no cookies for kayak.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.