Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I booked 2 nights at an IC, at a pretty high price (best flexible rate, as there was no best advance rate)

Found on another site a rate for the same day/same category 50% cheaper.

I made a call at the service.

It took 10+ minutes to have an answer, and 35 minutes in total to have this answer:

Matching Terms. All price or rate terms, including, but not limited to pre-payment, deposit or other requirements must be equal to or more restrictive than the terms found on an IHG website to be used for comparison. For example, when you book a room that may be cancelled without penalty on an IHG website, you may not compare it to a room with a pre-paid or non-refundable price on a non-IHG website. If, however, you book a pre-paid or non-refundable rate on an IHG website, you may compare it to a cancellable or refundable rate on a non-IHG website.

Please be advised that the cancellation policy at www.XXX.com states that guest has the option to cancel the reservation on or before 05 April 2012, otherwise one-night payment applies.

On the other hand, you have the option of cancelling your booked reservation in our website on or before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on arrival date itself, 06 April 2012 (Friday). This is applicable should you proceed to book your reservation under Best Flexible Rate.

Nonetheless, since the lower rate found is more restrictive compared to IHG website, your claim won’t qualify for the Best Price Guarantee.

Thank you for taking the time reading this mail.
Should you have further questions regarding the specific Terms and Conditions of the program, you may visit: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/hot...care/bwc_lp/tc

Hope you could cancel the expensive reservation as it was best flex and book the 50% cheaper one. So no reason for a claim. Or were you just curious if a claim would work?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by krausolany
Hope you could cancel the expensive reservation as it was best flex and book the 50% cheaper one. So no reason for a claim. Or were you just curious if a claim would work?
1. It was a flexible rate, so no issue to cancel it.
2. If the claim had worked, I would have had the first night free and the second night based on the rate offered by other site
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
2. If the claim had worked, I would have had the first night free and the second night based on the rate offered by other site
But it obviously didn't meet the BRG terms, as the other rate was far more restrictive in regards to when you could cancel it.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
And you didn't book the rate that was 50% off after your claim was denied? Shocking!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:24 pm

I booked 2 nights at an IC, at a pretty high price (best flexible rate, as there was no best advance rate)

Found on another site a rate for the same day/same category 50% cheaper.

I made a call at the service.

It took 10+ minutes to have an answer, and 35 minutes in total to have this answer:

Matching Terms. All price or rate terms, including, but not limited to pre-payment, deposit or other requirements must be equal to or more restrictive than the terms found on an IHG website to be used for comparison. For example, when you book a room that may be cancelled without penalty on an IHG website, you may not compare it to a room with a pre-paid or non-refundable price on a non-IHG website. If, however, you book a pre-paid or non-refundable rate on an IHG website, you may compare it to a cancellable or refundable rate on a non-IHG website.

Please be advised that the cancellation policy at www.XXX.com states that guest has the option to cancel the reservation on or before 05 April 2012, otherwise one-night payment applies.

On the other hand, you have the option of cancelling your booked reservation in our website on or before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on arrival date itself, 06 April 2012 (Friday). This is applicable should you proceed to book your reservation under Best Flexible Rate.

Nonetheless, since the lower rate found is more restrictive compared to IHG website, your claim won’t qualify for the Best Price Guarantee.

Thank you for taking the time reading this mail.
Should you have further questions regarding the specific Terms and Conditions of the program, you may visit: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/hot...care/bwc_lp/tc
back in Oct, Nov... this would have qualified for sure! But now the IC BRG is just a joke (all in all)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by spankytoes
And you didn't book the rate that was 50% off after your claim was denied? Shocking!
I cannot remember having said that I did not finally booked the cheapest rate.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
But it obviously didn't meet the BRG terms, as the other rate was far more restrictive in regards to when you could cancel it.
Far more is not exactly the word.

I can cancel the booking for free before 05th April 2012 with the cheapest rate, and before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on arrival date itself, 06th April 2012, with IHG rate.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Far more is not exactly the word.

I can cancel the booking for free before 05th April 2012 with the cheapest rate, and before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on arrival date itself, 06th April 2012, with IHG rate.
Yes, so you have to cancel a day in advance with the lowest rate, day of with the IHG rate. That's at least more restrictive, which is why it wouldn't qualify.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Just stayed on BRG at HI SFO, and we had 2 roooms approved by BRG. When we were checking in, the GM has changed one of the comp room to pay room. We showed them our e-mails but then the GM came out and tried to tell us that we can only take 1 comp room per person (even though we showed him the e-mail from the BRG dept).

Anyway we told him that we are ok with 1 room. The worst was the room, very worn and old. The sensor in the toilet turns off every 20 mins regardless of activity, towels were old and worn (I would use them to swipe floor and I'm a savvy person), the bed made noise when you turn. Basically it's worse than a super 8.

We have one more night there before going home - the only reason we'll by there for another night is that it's free.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 4:03 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by nacho
Just stayed on BRG at HI SFO, and we had 2 roooms approved by BRG. When we were checking in, the GM has changed one of the comp room to pay room. We showed them our e-mails but then the GM came out and tried to tell us that we can only take 1 comp room per person (even though we showed him the e-mail from the BRG dept).

We have one more night there before going home - the only reason we'll by there for another night is that it's free.
it's not totally clear from the BRP t&c but the "1 free night per name on the reservation " rule probably excludes two rooms on 1 reservation both having the first (same date) night free. Of course if the both of you had made separate reservations then you would have gotten the first night free (same date) in each room.

If you were trying to book as a couple, first persons booked the first night, and 2nd person booked the 2nd night, then that IS excluded from the t&c although being creative at checkin for the two separate stays would likely allow you to do it.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:05 am

I was booking a classic room at the Intercontinental in Paris for Easter. I was confident that the rates on www.intercontinental.com were the lowest ones as they advertise.

However, this classic room costs as of today:

342,55 EUR on www.getaroom.com (CANCEL 1 DAY BEFORE ARRIVAL)
375,00 EUR on www.getaroom.com (CANCEL ON THE DAY OF ARRIVAL)
375,00 EUR on www.intercontinental.com (CANCEL ON THE DAY OF ARRIVAL)

Of course, all possible claims would not be honored as the conditions of the cheaper website are a tiny bit more restrictive. But was this new Best Price Guarantee never made to obtain confidence in their lowest rates?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Marevna
I was booking a classic room at the Intercontinental in Paris for Easter. I was confident that the rates on www.intercontinental.com were the lowest ones as they advertise.

However, this classic room costs as of today:

342,55 EUR on www.getaroom.com (CANCEL 1 DAY BEFORE ARRIVAL)
375,00 EUR on www.getaroom.com (CANCEL ON THE DAY OF ARRIVAL)
375,00 EUR on www.intercontinental.com (CANCEL ON THE DAY OF ARRIVAL)

Of course, all possible claims would not be honored as the conditions of the cheaper website are a tiny bit more restrictive. But was this new Best Price Guarantee never made to obtain confidence in their lowest rates?
...u always have to see it from IC's and the customer site! But in the end u have to find a good n viable middle way btw giving out rooms for free and denying all claims
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by tangey
it's not totally clear from the BRP t&c but the "1 free night per name on the reservation " rule probably excludes two rooms on 1 reservation both having the first (same date) night free. Of course if the both of you had made separate reservations then you would have gotten the first night free (same date) in each room.

If you were trying to book as a couple, first persons booked the first night, and 2nd person booked the 2nd night, then that IS excluded from the t&c although being creative at checkin for the two separate stays would likely allow you to do it.
Actually we booked 2 rooms under each name, and we got both approved by BRG dept. We did the claim in Sept 2011.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:47 pm

Any one noticed the T&C of BRG?

http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/...rms-conditions

10. Free Night Restrictions. In the event of a valid claim, the award of a free night is limited to one free night per the name on the reservation for any thirty day period between reservation check-in dates. In addition, in the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee. ANA hotels are not eligible for Best Price Guarantee rooms, however, all other IHG hotels on the ANAIHG website are eligible.

Does this mean you can NOT get two free nights between 30 days?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by confidant
Any one noticed the T&C of BRG?

http://www.priorityclub.com/rewards/...rms-conditions

10. Free Night Restrictions. In the event of a valid claim, the award of a free night is limited to one free night per the name on the reservation for any thirty day period between reservation check-in dates. In addition, in the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee. ANA hotels are not eligible for Best Price Guarantee rooms, however, all other IHG hotels on the ANAIHG website are eligible.

Does this mean you can NOT get two free nights between 30 days?
Yes, this has been the rule since the program started. It is not a secret. You can get a price match, but not free rooms. I am sorry you are not able to bilk IHG as much as you'd like.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.