Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old May 20, 2012, 9:35 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by ellylex
When I called about new BRG claim, the agent looked at the check-in date for the previous BRG and counted 30 days from it. The irony is that the 1st claim wasn't approved but agent kept insisting it was (it was revoked) and counted it?!

I finally had success with BRG for IC SF and got rate adjustment in 2 days (just after I asked the question here). Got a very nice email from assistant front office manager.
OK so the rule means only one successful claim per 30 days worldwide in any hotel?
Old May 20, 2012, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by xcalx
30 minutes ago I got approval for Holiday inn Orchard Road Singapore, club room ICH cost S$ 452.32 comparison site cost S$ 454.32.. Comparison site now showing same cost as ICH... Seems to have good reviews.
You are lucky that the agent is not so professional.
Old May 20, 2012, 3:17 pm

Questions

Hi, everyone, I'm totally new here and I have a few questions, hope that someone can give me some help.

1. If I book only one night at IHG, can I submit the BRG claim? So if it turn out to be successful, I will get the night for free?

2. If I book a room with 'free cancellation up to 1day before arrival" at IHG website, and found a comparison website with ' free cancellation up to 2 days before arrival', will my claim be successful?

Thanks in advance=)
Old May 20, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi, everyone, I'm totally new here and I have a few questions, hope that someone can give me some help.

1. If I book only one night at IHG, can I submit the BRG claim? So if it turn out to be successful, I will get the night for free?

2. If I book a room with 'free cancellation up to 1day before arrival" at IHG website, and found a comparison website with ' free cancellation up to 2 days before arrival', will my claim be successful?

Thanks in advance=)
1 - Yes

2 - No, the IHG policy must be more restrictive than the comparison (i.e. advance purchase rate through IHG vs cancellable rate on competing site is allowed)
Old May 20, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by highman123
OK so the rule means only one successful claim per 30 days worldwide in any hotel?
Free Night Restrictions. In the event of a valid claim, the award of a free night is limited to one free night per the name on the reservation for any thirty day period between reservation check-in dates
Old May 20, 2012, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by xcalx
30 minutes ago I got approval for Holiday inn Orchard Road Singapore, club room ICH cost S$ 452.32 comparison site cost S$ 454.32.. Comparison site now showing same cost as ICH... Seems to have good reviews.
I stayed there on BRG in Dec 2011 and it was a very nice property. As PC Plat we were offered a corner room and free breakfast. We also got free drinks from the bar while we were waiting for our room to be ready. Breakfast was good - better than IC Sin.
Old May 20, 2012, 5:38 pm

If you have a successful BRG - would you be able to possibly get a consecutive night at the same property if it was submitted and booked by a significant other???
Old May 21, 2012, 2:14 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by nacho
I stayed there on BRG in Dec 2011 and it was a very nice property. As PC Plat we were offered a corner room and free breakfast. We also got free drinks from the bar while we were waiting for our room to be ready. Breakfast was good - better than IC Sin.
It was your post that led me to booking this hotel. I booked the flexi rate and was then prompted by the ICH agent to change this to a AP and he would honour the BRG . got the costs wrong in 1st post should have been ICH s$454.32 comp s$ 446.19 . Went for the club room as it comes with lounge access and breakfast

Last edited by xcalx; May 21, 2012 at 2:33 am
Old May 21, 2012, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by robertwcook16
If you have a successful BRG - would you be able to possibly get a consecutive night at the same property if it was submitted and booked by a significant other???

Yes, but don't add name for additional guests. Only the one checking in shows up at the FD, and you do the same for the next day. Don't try to link the 2 ressies together, do check out and back in thing. It's a hassle but it's worth the effort.
Old May 23, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: IHG
Looking for a bit of advice.

Booked a night at IC moscow (6-7 july) for RUB 9400 inc taxes, found a price on "OnHotels" of RUB 8150 inclusive. My claim was refused because the I could not pay for the cheaper rate in roubles, only in GBP. There is obviously a large differential between the rates, and yet they won't honour it? Anybody any experience of this, or any idea how to get round it?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 23, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by turner32
Looking for a bit of advice.

Booked a night at IC moscow (6-7 july) for RUB 9400 inc taxes, found a price on "OnHotels" of RUB 8150 inclusive. My claim was refused because the I could not pay for the cheaper rate in roubles, only in GBP. There is obviously a large differential between the rates, and yet they won't honour it? Anybody any experience of this, or any idea how to get round it?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, this is in the terms, they shut this potential route for claims, the two have to be in the same currency.
Old May 26, 2012, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Unfortunately, this is in the terms, they shut this potential route for claims, the two have to be in the same currency.
So, if the IHG website rate is in EURO and the comparison site's billing currency is in USD, even if we can change the comparison site's currency to local currency (which still will not be the billing currency), the claim will not be approved?
Old May 26, 2012, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
So, if the IHG website rate is in EURO and the comparison site's billing currency is in USD, even if we can change the comparison site's currency to local currency (which still will not be the billing currency), the claim will not be approved?
Exactly. The billing currency of both websites must match for the guarantee. If different billing currencies are used, the claim cannot go through even when the difference in room rates is huge (say, USD1000 and EUR1).
Old May 26, 2012, 9:32 pm

after i filed the BRG claim, i got an email from them

"We have contacted the hotel and requested your 1-night booking to be complimentary. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via e-mail when this has been confirmed. "

Does this mean that my claim has been approved? or the hotel itself needs to approve my claim? how long should i expect to wait before hearing from them next?

thanks!
Old May 26, 2012, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by sbbi
after i filed the BRG claim, i got an email from them

"We have contacted the hotel and requested your 1-night booking to be complimentary. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via e-mail when this has been confirmed. "

Does this mean that my claim has been approved? or the hotel itself needs to approve my claim? how long should i expect to wait before hearing from them next?

thanks!
Congratulations! You have scored a free room.

The BRG system of IHG is much worse than those of other hotel chains. IHG BRG team has no power to comp the room for you right away. They must request the hotel to zero the room rate. Anyway, you can rest assured with your quoted email. You need not pay anything from your pocket at all for your one-night stay in most cases. In the worst scenario that the hotel fails to compromise, you may have to pay for the room first and be reimbursed by IHG after you stay. Such unfortunate cases did happen but were not common.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.