Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Slightly OT but what has been the experience of others here when travelling with kids? We went to NZ a few years back with a 2 yr old and he slept all day and was awake all night. We are based in Europe so almost a 12hr time difference. Easier for us to adjust to the time zones then kids.

I know every kid is different but how was your experience?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Slightly OT but what has been the experience of others here when travelling with kids? We went to NZ a few years back with a 2 yr old and he slept all day and was awake all night. We are based in Europe so almost a 12hr time difference. Easier for us to adjust to the time zones then kids.

I think every child is different. We only had a 3 hour time difference to deal with, so it wasn't bad at all. Our son is also a very good sleeper. He adjusted quite well. I did find that the culture in FP was very kid-friendly. Our son was very much loved everywhere we went there! I don't always find this in many places in the United States. Having said that though, if you have a baby/toddler, and have the option of keeping them at home with a family member, I definitely would go that route!

Since this is off-topic, if you have specific questions about taking a baby/toddler to FP, feel free to PM me.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites

Our son has done ok with moderate time differences.we are on Pacific time and he adjusted very quickly when we visited England etc.He took almost a week to adjust to the longer ones like Hong Kong and India.He was fine when we were in hawaii and Jamaica.But traveling with him we tend to "do" less ,mostly confine ourselves to resort and beach destinations keeping sighseeing to a minimum.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by schilpa
Our son has done ok with moderate time differences.we are on Pacific time and he adjusted very quickly when we visited England etc.He took almost a week to adjust to the longer ones like Hong Kong and India.He was fine when we were in hawaii and Jamaica.But traveling with him we tend to "do" less ,mostly confine ourselves to resort and beach destinations keeping sighseeing to a minimum.
^
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:30 am

Best time to go?

After reading several pages, i realize it will be very hard to book award nights here. I'm planning to go to Tahiti next fall for honeymoon. Im still pretty flexible on dates to go. Wedding is sept 9, 2017, so I'm willing to go anytime in sept-dec 2017. When is best times to go for weather and more importantly award availability? Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by dljuna
After reading several pages, i realize it will be very hard to book award nights here. I'm planning to go to Tahiti next fall for honeymoon. Im still pretty flexible on dates to go. Wedding is sept 9, 2017, so I'm willing to go anytime in sept-dec 2017. When is best times to go for weather and more importantly award availability? Thanks for your help.
September-October is a beautiful time in FP. Lots of whales to see too. Don't miss Moorea. It's still my favorite island. Bora Bora has a beautiful lagoon, but Moorea's mountainous beauty and lush landscape keeps me coming back.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Is it better value to just go 'half board' OR purchase breakfast at check in and just pay each night for dinner - I see there are a few a la carte options. I am there for four nights.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:45 am

wow, reading through this thread i realized (belatedly) how difficult it is to score rewards nights in Thalasso. i shouldnt have booked my award ticket to there (before even securing the accommodation), but then i had to do that before the whole UA miles 'devaluation' in Oct 2016. sigh

so with the flight already ticketed, i will be in FP last week of March 2017 and first week of April 2017. if anyone has booked during those nights, but will have plans change, pls kindly PM me ... :X

anyway, i have been checking the IHG site daily and obsessively and it's exhausting as i NEVER see any rewards nights available for Thalasso. it's like chasing after a unicorn (only on some rare occasions, i see a few rewards nights here and there for le moana). someone mentioned earlier that every Sunday morning (what time? what time zone?) the rooms 50 weeks ahead will become available for all 7 nights of the week. is that true?

since my trip is not 50 weeks ahead but rather half-of-that, does it mean that if i dont see any reward nights room available NOW, means i am unlikely to secure one at all? i am not even traveling during the peak period. guess i have to pony up $1000/night if i want to stay at Thalasso. if i am paying and not redeeming, then maybe i m not limited to Thalasso afterall (google map says St Regis and Four Seasons are also on the same row and i reckon would have the same view as Thalasso)

Last edited by gnomey; Aug 26, 2016 at 12:52 pm
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
wow, reading through this thread i realized (belatedly) how difficult it is to score rewards nights in Thalasso. i shouldnt have booked my award ticket to there (before even securing the accommodation), but then i had to do that before the whole UA miles 'devaluation' in Oct 2016. sigh

so with the flight already ticketed, i will be in FP last week of March 2017 and first week of April 2017. if anyone has booked during those nights, but will have plans change, pls kindly PM me ... :X

anyway, i have been checking the IHG site daily and obsessively and it's exhausting as i NEVER see any rewards nights available for Thalasso. it's like chasing after a unicorn (only on some rare occasions, i see a few rewards nights here and there for le moana). someone mentioned earlier that every Sunday morning (what time? what time zone?) the rooms 50 weeks ahead will become available for all 7 nights of the week. is that true?

since my trip is not 50 weeks ahead but rather half-of-that, does it mean that if i dont see any reward nights room available NOW, means i am unlikely to secure one at all? i am not even traveling during the peak period. guess i have to pony up $1000/night if i want to stay at Thalasso. if i am paying and redeeming, then maybe i m not limited to Thalasso afterall (google map says St Regis and Four Seasons are also on the same row and i reckon would have the same view as Thalasso)

Hate to break it to you, but it's highly unlikely you will get reward nights at Thalasso or Le Moana at this point. You might get lucky and get a day here and there, but you're not going to get your whole vacation. Obtaining reward rooms for your vacation at Thalasso is probably about as likely beign struck by lightning twice. If you plan way ahead of time(1 year in advance) you will be able to get reward rooms at Le Moana, but definitely not 6-7 months go. If you're set on going in March, you're most likely going to have to pay out of pocket. I would reschedule it for next Fall(which is a great time to go), which will allow you to at least book the rooms at Le Moana.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:09 am

Also, I am looking for one reward night at Thalasso or Le Moana(prefer Le Moana) for Sunday, March 26th. If anyone is willing to give one up, please PM me or let me know. Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by jcapito1
Hate to break it to you, but it's highly unlikely you will get reward nights at Thalasso or Le Moana at this point. You might get lucky and get a day here and there, but you're not going to get your whole vacation. Obtaining reward rooms for your vacation at Thalasso is probably about as likely beign struck by lightning twice. If you plan way ahead of time(1 year in advance) you will be able to get reward rooms at Le Moana, but definitely not 6-7 months go. If you're set on going in March, you're most likely going to have to pay out of pocket. I would reschedule it for next Fall(which is a great time to go), which will allow you to at least book the rooms at Le Moana.
yep. sounds like it. glad i find out now and not 4 months later.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:20 pm

gnomey

Just checked and the AMB BOGO is available for last wk of March/first wk of April. At least one night free.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
gnomey

Just checked and the AMB BOGO is available for last wk of March/first wk of April. At least one night free.
thanks. actually i m new to the whole IHG program. are you saying that if you buy IHG ambassador membership , you can buy one night, get one night free at IC Thalasso?

IHG AMB BOGO would be similar to SPG50 deal, wouldnt it? one is BOGO, the other is 50% off
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:49 am

also, would you be able to tell me the IC Thalasso BOGO rate (for the first night)?

i havent sign up for ambassador status yet, so i couldnt see the IHG AMB BOGO rate for IC Thalasso.

thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jcapito1
Also, I am looking for one reward night at Thalasso or Le Moana(prefer Le Moana) for Sunday, March 26th. If anyone is willing to give one up, please PM me or let me know. Thanks!
Your best bet is to piece together nights. You need to be relentless in your pursuit. Keep checking and try to snag a night as they become available. As others have already said, using the BOGO cert is a great idea.

Last edited by AlphaMan; Aug 29, 2016 at 7:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.