Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India-based Airlines Chai Stall

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
fr.co.in's ssl cert has expired, so my browser is going nuts if I click on your link

Love the details, but the person certainly had no issues with colors
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Have any one booked *A awards using FR miles? Experience on the process and response time?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Whizkid
Have any one booked *A awards using FR miles? Experience on the process and response time?
FR? Thats Ryanair. The only miles you collect with them is how many you are made to drive from your destination airport to your destination.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Whizkid
did so a few months ago in november 2016....used ai miles for a one way iad-dtw trip....called to book the award....the agent found availability, figured out the taxes & booked the ticket within 15 minutes....the problem then was that he couldn't charge the payment at his end....either i had to go to the airport or city office to pay it or someone from ai would call me back in a few hours & charge my card over ivr....i opted for the later & got a call a couple of hours later....

all in all, the process could have been easier but it wasn't too bad in the end....
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
FR? Thats Ryanair. The only miles you collect with them is how many you are made to drive from your destination airport to your destination.
Haha... I meant Flying Returns miles.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AI: Customer service

Hi,

Just recently did a few internal India flights with AI. (chose them due to my *G status).
Anyway, just one word - horrible - especially ground service.

@ HYD - during boarding, they did an announcement that *G can priority board, but when I managed to get myself to the front of the gate, I was told no (they were boarding by rows and had a sort of person checking the BP's before being let through the e-gates) - made me feel so bad standing in the way of everyone boarding.
Furthermore, saw a chap get upgraded right in front of me. I for certain know that he had no status or any FFP# (as I saw his BP) and he was surprised by it. Not sure how they do the upgrade process.

@ DEL - had to make a ticket change, but in the end having to cancel and purchase a new one. There was some terminal issue when paying with the credit card, but they still issued me an e-tix. I managed to do online check in, but on the day of departure, they called me at 6 am (my flight was at midday) to tell me that they could not process my card.
When I arrived @ DEL and went to the ticket counter. I requested to directly speak to the supervisor and the chap working behind the counter was as arrogant as hell. He insisted that I tell him my problem and than he started accusing me of not wanting to pay for my ticket. I stood on my grounds and requested his supervisor which did come. Although I informed him about the attitude of his colleague, totally no apologetic intentions from him.
And when this got sorted out, my chosen seats during online check-in was gone. (also no idea how they distribute seats as when boarding was completed, there were a couple of rows in at the back of J-class empty - a few people took those seat up. I asked the FA earlier if I could move over there, but was told not after take-off, but those passengers that moved before departure they were not asked to move back to their assigned seats)

I did post in generic form the horrible AI ground service on AI FB's page - and well, well, they removed my posts from the FB page. Did it 3-4 times and all got removed.

What a joke this airline is. Guess the next time I will just use 9W or Vistara to give them a try.

Am wondering if these are common experience with AI or just my bad luck. (I had some issue 2 years ago when I flew with AI, thought I will give them a chance again, but sadly nothing has changed much)

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; May 18, 2017 at 1:40 am
Old May 18, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by nldogbert
...What a joke this airline is. Guess the next time I will just use 9W or Vistara to give them a try.

Am wondering if these are common experience with AI or just my bad luck. (I had some issue 2 years ago when I flew with AI, thought I will give them a chance again, but sadly nothing has changed much)
I flew them once 1.5-2 years ago and was surprised at how good the onboard biz service was - but based on your experience I think that they are going back to their old ways.

(I don't get to fly myself any longer, but we don't put many people on AI domestically anyway - as they hardly serve any destinations we need to get to and at the times we need to fly)

Maybe their clamping down on their out of control expenses (employees) is resulting in this sort of behavior...
Old May 18, 2017, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
@ HYD - during boarding, they did an announcement that *G can priority board, but when I managed to get myself to the front of the gate, I was told no (they were boarding by rows and had a sort of person checking the BP's before being let through the e-gates) - made me feel so bad standing in the way of everyone boarding.
you either got a bad agent or they didn't realise you are *gold....i take a few ai flights every week & have never had a problem with priority boarding....

Furthermore, saw a chap get upgraded right in front of me. I for certain know that he had no status or any FFP# (as I saw his BP) and he was surprised by it. Not sure how they do the upgrade process.
ai is pretty infamous for this & i have seen this happen myself a number of times....he was probably a relative of a staff member or had connections with someone in the civil aviation ministry....stuff like this has been going on since the government took over the airline & unfortunately i don't see this coming to an end anytime soon....

(also no idea how they distribute seats as when boarding was completed, there were a couple of rows in at the back of J-class empty - a few people took those seat up. I asked the FA earlier if I could move over there, but was told not after take-off, but those passengers that moved before departure they were not asked to move back to their assigned seats)
are you talking about the last few rows of business class????if yes then were you booked in business class????if not then the fa had no authority to let you sit there....

if you are talking about the first row in economy (the rows directly behind business class) then anyone can move there if they are empty....its sort of first come first serve since ai doesn't bother who sits there if they are empty....

I did post in generic form the horrible AI ground service on AI FB's page - and well, well, they removed my posts from the FB page. Did it 3-4 times and all got removed.
not surprised....they would rather sweep a problem under the rug than attempt to fix it....

What a joke this airline is. Guess the next time I will just use 9W or Vistara to give them a try.
they are slightly better in terms of service on the ground but in the air they are all pretty much the same....

in general i get pretty good service in the air with ai....i'm mostly flying in business but even my economy flights are pretty uneventful....but having said that, i only fly them because their routes & timings work out best for me....if i had the option of flying with another airline then i would probably shift most of my flights to 9w....
Old May 18, 2017, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I flew them once 1.5-2 years ago and was surprised at how good the onboard biz service was - but based on your experience I think that they are going back to their old ways.

(I don't get to fly myself any longer, but we don't put many people on AI domestically anyway - as they hardly serve any destinations we need to get to and at the times we need to fly)

Maybe their clamping down on their out of control expenses (employees) is resulting in this sort of behavior...
their onboard service is pretty good....its everything else about them that's a problem....
Old May 18, 2017, 8:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Keyser
you either got a bad agent or they didn't realise you are *gold....i take a few ai flights every week & have never had a problem with priority boarding....
I even pointed it out to this "gate guardian" but no, she just subtly push me aside - I felt rather awkward and did not to push further the DYKWIA game. I did see that they had the Priority boarding sign that they stick onto those barriers, but it was laying on the desk. (in DEL while boarding - I did not have an issue as they had a clear separate lane for this).

As for the seat - yeah my flights were in Economy (ridiculous prices to fly Business for those short sectors). So it's strange that I was told only to swap after take off (when the plane was still on the ground with the jet bridge connected and no passengers were boarding anymore).

You are right, when things goes ok - it is not such a bad airline, especially in Biz. But when you need some support this is where things goes into their territory without a care for customer (when this should be their main goal)

Cheers!
Old May 22, 2017, 10:29 pm

Here's Jet Airways taking away one more privilege (pun intended) from Jet Privilege members, as communicated through email sent to JP members:

All JetPrivilege Platinum and Gold members when travelling in Economy, will continue to use the Priority lane for boarding upon announcement of their seating zone.
When booked in front rows, it was very convenient to board quickly and settle down. This goes now since front seating zone will board the last. Disappointing indeed.
Old May 27, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
AI definitely lacks consistency. My flight 314 to HKG last night was terrible. There were less than 6 passengers in J, but I had to ask multiple times to even get water. Actually, first time I walked up to ask for water, and was told we are bringing it to your seat in a minute which never happened. Was able to get it after hitting the call twice and asking for water

On the other hand my flight on the same route last week was excellent.
Old May 27, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
9W Seating

Hello' have to take 9W in J DOH - BOM in Nov.Equipment shows as 739 .
Reclining seats only ...Seat Guru comments are no video.
1 No AVOD, true ?

2 Arrives BOM at 4.50 AM. Which terminal does it use ? How is the traffic outside for drier to pick us up ?

Thanks.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Some 737 have wifi streming IFE, some hae inseat. 9W in BOM is T2.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Some 737 have wifi streming IFE, some hae inseat. 9W in BOM is T2.
Thanks.
Any read on the traffic outside for pick up?

Am on QR uoto DOH, just can't get it for BOM so had to settle for 9 W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.