Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India-based Airlines Chai Stall

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
Welcome Parimal.. any place is a good place to start.. enjoy your travels and the information sharing..
Thanks Flyfromscratch , I look forward to joining the discussions on this forum.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:15 pm

Frequent Travellers to China ?

I see a lot many frequent travellers to UK / US , etc. But do not see any frequent travellers to China ?

Any one who goes to China often? It will be good to share a flight some time. Let me know.

I usually travel Delhi to Shanghai with AI once in a month

Next Trip starting 10th Aug

Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i'm scheduled to be in beijing in october but i still don't know what airline i'll be flying....most probably cx....do you only travel to shanghai????
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i'm scheduled to be in beijing in october but i still don't know what airline i'll be flying....most probably cx....do you only travel to shanghai????
Usually take the flight to Shanghai only, If I have to go to Beijing I go after my work in Shanghai. Have many clients in Shanghai, and have to meet them when I am there.

Have taken direct flight to Beijing just once. I am going again to Shanghai in October. August trip is pretty long for me (~12 days), considering I am a vegetarian it becomes very difficult after 6-7 days.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
Have taken direct flight to Beijing just once.
was it non-stop????
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
was it non-stop????
Sorry but it was a connecting via HKG. Thats actually the reason I stopped flying to PEK from India. PVG is much better.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:12 am

lounge access at CDG

I searched but could not find an accurate reply.

Ok.. I am 9W gold, Have Jet Amex, and my father is 9w silver.

We bill reaching CDG Terminal 2E and have the next departure from Terminal 2F.

Can some one please throw some light on the arrival lounges or departure lounges that we can access. Its a long layover of 8 hours. We will spend 4-5 hours at Paris and will be back to the airport after that. Please let me know which lounge gives access to Jet Gold or Amex Plat.

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:45 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
I searched but could not find an accurate reply.

Ok.. I am 9W gold, Have Jet Amex, and my father is 9w silver.

We bill reaching CDG Terminal 2E and have the next departure from Terminal 2F.

Can some one please throw some light on the arrival lounges or departure lounges that we can access. Its a long layover of 8 hours. We will spend 4-5 hours at Paris and will be back to the airport after that. Please let me know which lounge gives access to Jet Gold or Amex Plat.

Thanks
only you get access to the Etihad lounge due to your gold status. if your upgrades clear, then both of you can go in. no arrival lounge access available. and yes, Jet Amex is not Amex Plat.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by A2A
only you get access to the Etihad lounge due to your gold status. if your upgrades clear, then both of you can go in. no arrival lounge access available. and yes, Jet Amex is not Amex Plat.
Thanks Ajay for the help. Etihad Lounge is at terminal 2F right ?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 5:30 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Thanks Ajay for the help. Etihad Lounge is at terminal 2F right ?
2E
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
HIA airport Doha

Will be passing thru Doha on QR in Nov Short two hour layover. Is the J lounge far from arriving gate from BOM ?

also anyone shopped or looked at the gold stores in the airport ? somehow gold bought in Dubai was quite " yellow and shiny" over elsewhere ?

How is the lounge in BOM for J ? Flt departs at 4.40 AM. Want to leave family early so they don't waste the night. Good place to park for three hours ?

Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: AI-Sliver | 9W I 75K Miles PA
Hello Group,

Without any disrespect for 9W loyals, I am genuinely interested in knowing why flyer choose 9W for domestic flights?

With wrecked seats, less boot space, unfriendly staff and stingy miles program is flying with them really worth it ? What I observed so far is, with 9w inability to allure new flyers, its just JPmilers on board except in southern sector.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by vivekmisra
Hello Group,

Without any disrespect for 9W loyals, I am genuinely interested in knowing why flyer choose 9W for domestic flights?

With wrecked seats, less boot space, unfriendly staff and stingy miles program is flying with them really worth it ? What I observed so far is, with 9w inability to allure new flyers, its just JPmilers on board except in southern sector.
Hi Vivek.. With all due respect to your comments, let me know substitutes. Air India has got worse seats, Low cost airlines do not fly as many sectors. Only competition Jet has is AI and Indigo also spicejet in the south.

Frankly Indigo does not have FF program. It is somewhat of a comfort to know that you'd be checking in before others. apart from this there might be many more reasons,

Anyway, if i may ask ? can you tell us what your experiences with other airlines too ?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:33 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by vivekmisra
Hello Group,

Hmmm.. while redeeming miles is really a pain with JP, I feel their domestic earning and redemption options are relatively much better and VFM..
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: AI-Sliver | 9W I 75K Miles PA
Anyway, if i may ask ? can you tell us what your experiences with other airlines too ?
I agree with you with regards to services across the sectors, but so far my 9w experience is not so good. Although, I flew with them in southern sector only. I prefer AI and 6E for following reasons:

1. AI won't pump up the price and upgrades are really feasible.
2. 6E > you get what you pay for, newer aircraft, better connectivity and seldom delays.

I have tried SG and will be flying G8 for first time on 3 Aug PNQ-MAA.

I find this articles (quite old now but true) interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.