Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:36 pm

I have written to Iberia and am still awaiting a response (it's been just under 24 hours so I'll give them time). I also noticed the Facebook posts and will add on to it if I don't get a decent response from Iberia's email team.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: Chicago Transit Authority: Kevlar
Originally Posted by Agustinl71
I have decided to stop trying to get Iberia or Groupon to hold up their end of the deal and filed a Paypal dispute to attempt to recover the money spent on purchasing these phantom Avios.
Thank you all for your status posts. As previously reported here, I have contacted both Groupon.es and Iberia with totally unsatisfactory BS replies.
I am going to take the 1st recommend step in the PayPal dispute resolution steps and contact Groupon.es through PayPal's website. Then when I get the same BS response then I can formally request a refund through PayPal, then when they don't issue a refund I will file a formal dispute through PayPal. I need to get on this quickly because tomorrow is 30 days since the 1st Groupon.es order and PayPal has several different time restrictions.

I have never been so in the dark and fed so much BS on any purchase in my life. There is no going back now.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
I've lodged a paypal dispute also, they can get stuffed. How dare they treat people this way
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
I've lodged a paypal dispute also, they can get stuffed. How dare they treat people this way
I think if more people disputed the purchases it would prompt Groupon to acknowledge there is a problem and attempt to resolve it.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:27 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
This has just been sent to Groupon, curious to see if I get one more of those canned responses:

Compré el 21 de diciembre cupones Avios. Hasta la fecha he escrito nada ha recibido. Sé que hay muchos problemas con esta venta. Me gustaría saber si estos problemas se resuelven (y cuándo) o que presentar una solicitud antes en mi tarjeta de crédito para recuperar mi dinero?
(Probably not 100% correct Spanish but the best I managed :-))
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
This was my response from Iberia on Facebook today:

Hi *****,
It seems there is some kind of issue with this Avios requested through the Groupon promo. Our colleagues are reviewing internally, contacting with Groupon, to see what might be going on. Once they can provide us with an update regarding this matter, we will let you know. Sorry for the inconveniences caused. Regards.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:21 am

I also have not received my miles and today filed a dispute with PayPal
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:03 am

I would hold off filing a dispute until Iberia respond to all of us who have contacted them. They could have replied stating the issue is with groupon.es and please contact them but they didn't. They stated they would try to work out what has happened and why.

I have the feeling that the fault lies with Iberia as they will be the ones issuing the avios not groupon. I presume someone put a halt on issuing the avios after people started getting issued with double the amount they should have.

This promo has shown that there is clearly issues with the setup Iberia has with its partners and I would be inclined to request additional compensation from whoever is at fault even if the avios eventually get correctly transferred.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:24 am

Turns out the "Iberia Store" considers themselves to be separate from "Iberia Airline". You can read my previous post which pasted the "Iberia Store" response to my formal online claim, seeing the actual order was initiated thru the "Iberia Store". Each corporate entity is pointing the finger at one of the other corporate entities. Many of us paid with PayPal as it was the only viable option for US customers. After 30 days of BS responses and corporate finger pointing, we need to follow the money. You can view "The Points Guy" blog comments on this where the original author of the article, T. Getner, who outlined this opportunity, states that he spoke with Iberia Airline 2 days ago and Iberia Airline blames Groupon.es. For me I am sticking to my PayPal dispute, and may also contest the actual PayPal charge which flowed through to AMEX.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by GTR56
I would hold off filing a dispute until Iberia respond to all of us who have contacted them. They could have replied stating the issue is with groupon.es and please contact them but they didn't. They stated they would try to work out what has happened and why.

I have the feeling that the fault lies with Iberia as they will be the ones issuing the avios not groupon. I presume someone put a halt on issuing the avios after people started getting issued with double the amount they should have.

This promo has shown that there is clearly issues with the setup Iberia has with its partners and I would be inclined to request additional compensation from whoever is at fault even if the avios eventually get correctly transferred.

Perhaps you don't understand the PayPal dispute process.

Filing a PayPal dispute gives Groupon a chance to respond. If they then FAIL to respond or their response is inadequate you can lodge a claim for refund.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:37 am

Filing a PayPal dispute gives Groupon a chance to respond. If they then FAIL to respond or their response is inadequate you can lodge a claim for refund.
I don't currently see the point in doing that when all the information is yet to be passed on from Iberia. Groupon has had the chance to respond and has copied and pasted the same reply to each person that has contacted them.

Iberia seem to have acknowledged there is an issue and they are looking into it and will respond shortly.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:12 am

Aussie_Flyer. Thanks for your site link, nice. It seems that GTR56 thinks he knows something: "Iberia seem to have acknowledged there is an issue and they are looking into it and will respond shortly". Perhaps Iberia Airline has acknowledged the existence of the "Iberia Store." Also, for our additional enjoyment, my wife did the same order as I did and has now started the PayPal dispute process, and she just got an email from Groupon.es asking her to release her PayPal dispute. More to come.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
I bought a 2000avios and a 4000avios one, the former posted but the latter hasn't.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by umbyboy
I bought a 2000avios and a 4000avios one, the former posted but the latter hasn't.
It does look like the purchases bigger than 2k are the ones that had problems.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
It does look like the purchases bigger than 2k are the ones that had problems.
no, unfortunately not correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.