Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia lounge database

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, IB+ Gold, HH Diamond, IHG AMB Plat
TFS Update:

There is no longer lounge access for IB pax at TFS, only at TFN. I was flying in December on IB Express to MAD, C Ticket and IB+ Gold. No access, no food or drink voucher as alternative. Nada.

Check-in lady explained: " we have only one IB flight per day out of Sur, it makes no sence to maintain a lounge contract".

Last edited by volandoVIE; Jan 5, 2016 at 9:55 am
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by volandoVIE
TFS Update:

There is no longer lounge access for IB pax at TFS, only at TFN. I was flying in December on IB Express to MAD, C Ticket and IB+ Gold. No access, no food or drink voucher as alternative. Nada.

Check-in lady explained: " we have only one IB flight per day out of Sur, it makes no sence to maintain a lounge contract".

Does it make any sense to maintain a check in contract then?

What rubbish

(from IB that is)
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

TFS Update:

Thanks for the update volandoVIE. I have amended the entry for TFS
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:25 pm

Cant see how it is such a big deal if they are only paying for a few pax a day. You would think they were running the lounge themselves for the one flight.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IB+ Gold, HH Diamond, IHG AMB Plat
indeed, ridiculous. I got access to the lounge via Diners Club CC after all. Pretty mediocre lounge anyway, no windows and was very full, apparently with PP and other CC customers.

The lounge at TFN is much more pleasant. Perhaps I should have posted a complaint to IB+... but why bother. I will simply try to avoid that TFS flight in the future and use TFN departures. Much more pleasant, conveniently located for departures ex SC and quiet, not overcrowded airfield (that exactly what it is ) No charter all inclusive crowds there.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:10 pm

Agree about TFN lovely airport. I have taken Iberia Express MAD-TFN and then connected to Binter with some lounge time in between. Always pleasant enough and that lounge is never full and views outside too. ^
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A quick question....

Are those alcohol free wipes that Iberia have in the toilets there for passengers to take with them on flights? I usually grab about 3 but I hope I'm not 'stealing' from the lounge by doing so. They're really rather good.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
It says in the database that the Velázquez lounge at T4S operates from 06:00-00:00 but AFAIK it operates 24 hours a day (and so indicates the OneWorld website). Is the database not updated?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ophir_mm
It says in the database that the Velázquez lounge at T4S operates from 06:00-00:00 but AFAIK it operates 24 hours a day (and so indicates the OneWorld website). Is the database not updated?
Thanks - duly corrected ^
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: FB Gold
Outstanding catalogue, thanks so much for doing it.

Wondering whether anyone knows what lounge IB (Iberia Express) will use at BHX given the start of the BHX-MAD flights later this month? AA use the No.1 Traveller lounge - same one? Other options would be the Aspire lounge or, heaven forbid, no lounge access at all!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:33 am

If they are going to offer it I would guess No.1 but if you send No.1 a message on Facebook they should be able to confirm.

https://www.facebook.com/no1lounges
Old May 20, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: Former holder of many statuses, less so now
I was wondering if anyone found out what the access arrangements were at BHX for Iberia Express? We are flying to MAD in June (it is a Y class IB redemption booking) and as BA Silver (OW Sapphire) I was wondering if we would get lounge access and if so which lounge do they use?
Old May 21, 2016, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I e-mailed Number One BHX to ask whether OW Emerald granted access on an IB ticket, but they said no - not sure whether to believe that (as their reply was along the lines of "no, oneworld Emerald does not grant access") which seems to avoid my question a bit. Please, report back!
Old May 24, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: Former holder of many statuses, less so now
Hi BA6501

I will let you know how we get on. We fly in mid-June so will have to see what happens.

The quote below was taken from the Iberia Express website, but whether or not the ground staff at BHX have any idea about it will remain to be seen. They must have arrangements for Business Class passengers at one of the lounges at BHX...

The following passengers have access:

Our passengers flying Business Class on flights operated by Iberia Express.
Iberia Singular, Iberia Plus Platinum, Iberia Plus Gold, OneWorld Emerald and Sapphire passengers that have a ticket or boarding pass for a flight operated by Iberia Express.

Last edited by MrDooog; May 24, 2016 at 3:43 am
Old May 24, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Thanks! The oneworld website does not list IB at BHX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.