Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia lounge database

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: Former holder of many statuses, less so now
Having travelled from BHX to MAD at the weekend BA6501 I can confirm that Iberia Express are using the Aspire lounge at BHX. We were able to get access on the basis of my BA Silver (OW Sapphire) when travelling in economy.

We had a couple of issues as we were travelling on reward flights booked through my Iberia account (they ran a Avios sale so I moved some Avios from my BA account). I couldn't seem to switch the frequent flyer account number on the booking even at Check-in, I'm assuming because it was a reward booking. As a result my status didn't show on our boarding passes. However, having my BA card on the App in my phone was enough to get access to the lounges at both BHX and MAD.

I will note that the agent in BHX did have to consult both her colleague and the computer to check if we could come in, after a few minutes she concluded that we could indeed enter. She did say that it was new to them and they were still trying to understand the who could get access. The lounge itself was a little underwhelming but was a perfectly fine place for a quick coffee and bacon sandwich before heading to the plane.

I2 would seem to have opted for the cheaper option compared to QR, AA and EI who all use the No1 lounge. Or the No1 don't have capacity, given the number of airlines they are servicing there these days.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Thank you very much!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Re: problem with ff number showing on boarding pass - had exactly same issue yesterday on reward booking MAD - LIS. Check in agent told me I wasn't eligible for lounge access! I knew this to be incorrect and went to the lounge and my BA card was enough to obtain entry. Wasn't amused though.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jackr27
Re: problem with ff number showing on boarding pass - had exactly same issue yesterday on reward booking MAD - LIS. Check in agent told me I wasn't eligible for lounge access! I knew this to be incorrect and went to the lounge and my BA card was enough to obtain entry. Wasn't amused though.
The same happened to me earlier this month flying a redemption MAD-LHR. The agent told me I could not use fast track nor the lounge cause I was "Silver", and "Silvers" don't get those perks. I told him it was a BAEC Silver (OWS), not IB+ Plata (OWR). He wasn't convinced at all and told me, "ok, just go to the Lounge and check if they let you in, but I'm not sure it will happen"...
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:02 am

Traveled from Medellin to Madrid last month on Iberia, which included a stop at Cali. At MDE, Iberia had an agreement with the Copa Club, which appeared to be the only lounge available in that terminal. At CLO, it wasn't clear whether Iberia had any lounge option, as they made no announcement about it - I did access the Avianca lounge with Priority Pass, which again seemed to be the only lounge in that part of the airport.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Orly lounge has now closed and replaced by a Premium Traveller lounge in the lower level of gate 10 (airside).
Old Nov 26, 2016, 4:09 am

Just to comment that I was yesterday in LCG and the new AENA lounge there is basically finished and should open in December (180 square meters, airside, open 05.30 to 22.00). Not that you really need a lounge in that airport, but I suppose a free breakfast/snack before the flight is welcome.

Shouldn't this thread be sticky?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:31 am

The lounge in LCG is now open. Some photos from a local newspaper: http://www.laopinioncoruna.es/multim...rena-sala.html

It's run by AENA, so I imagine it will be accessible to OW Sapphires and above and with Priority Pass.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BOD update: IB now uses the Airport Lounge, invitation required from check-in. http://www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr/fr/a...alon-compagnie
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:09 am

Update for SVQ - there is indeed a lounge available for iberia pax. It's the Azahar lounge run by AENA, by gate 3.

Appears to have standard OW rules (was able to guest someone yesterday) Smallish but reasonably well stocked.

http://www.aena.es/en/sevilla-airport/vip-lounge.html
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK Gold
I too was admitted into the SVQ lounge today with OW Sapphire card flying Iberia economy.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
At Faro (FAO) there is only one lounge (ANA lounge, operated by PortWay). As I experienced, it is NOT accesible for IB pax, neither those flying in J, nor based on status. (However, it is accessible when flying BA metal, both in J and based on status.)
Old May 1, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Yllanes
Just to comment that I was yesterday in LCG and the new AENA lounge there is basically finished and should open in December (180 square meters, airside, open 05.30 to 22.00). Not that you really need a lounge in that airport, but I suppose a free breakfast/snack before the flight is welcome.

Shouldn't this thread be sticky?
lounge opened & running, good breakfast/snack selection for small airport. There is a terrace available to rest under sun (rain cover as well).
Nesspreso machine on work.
very busy for early morning flights.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red
There is now a lounge in IBZ. However, I couldn't access it despite being BA Silver because the dragon on the door had it in her head that BA users couldn't access the lounge.

I was flying on an Iberia ticket on an Iberia (Air Nostrum) flight, but she said that BA Silver was not enough. I told her that I am OW Sapphire, but she continued to deny access and brought out the printed document with the access rules. Me pointing to the section where it said OW Sapphire wasn't even enough!

If the gatekeeper says no, being in the right counts for nothing.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Are either of the two MEX lounges an F lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.