Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I wouldn't burn a DSU at Hyatt TST, it's a rather small suite. If you can find a good rate for the GH on the other side, a DSU is a much better use there.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I did burn a DSU over new years. It was the second time I'd used one here. It's not a particularly big suite but it was fine. My sister and her husband also enjoyed their club room. It's a very nice hotel although I did find the level of service a little below what I expect of a Hyatt in Asia.

I have decided not to contribute my usual detailed reviews of stays for a few months. In the meantime you can find a detailed review on TripAdvisor.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
It seem like it is harder to book this hotel using points. I tried searching from June 28-July 6 but none are available
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Love_to_Travels
It seem like it is harder to book this hotel using points. I tried searching from June 28-July 6 but none are available
Do you realize July 1st is the anniversary date of the "Change Over" in 1997?
This year is the 20th year so it is a big event.

There is also a 2 month-long Chinese Opera Festival between June 13 to Aug 13, though that should not affect the hotel demands much as it is stretched out.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Million Miler; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium; Priority Club Platinum; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Love_to_Travels
I have a points+ cash room booked on July 8,9&10. I only booked them about a month ago. (Plus a credit card night.) Both regular points nights as well as points+cash were available, and points for club level rooms.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Do you realize July 1st is the anniversary date of the "Change Over" in 1997?
This year is the 20th year so it is a big event.

There is also a 2 month-long Chinese Opera Festival between June 13 to Aug 13, though that should not affect the hotel demands much as it is stretched out.
With the President of China and his delegation staying at the GH from June 29 - July 1, there are probably quite a few guests who have previous bookings at the GH being sent to the HR as GH will be closed to the public during those dates, hence further tightening HR's inventory.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:39 am

this is one of my favorite hotels. it's not the most luxurious but the overall value proposition IMO is fantastic:

- ease of access to/from the airport: MTR and free shuttle to and from kowloon station.
- rooms: im a weird one who likes the unique shape of the suites, especially with the wall of windows in front of the bed. just awesome when you are on the harbor side.
- upgrades: if one is available, they've always proactively upgraded to a suite at check-in.
- club: they're very consistent and for me, the food is very good. not the biggest spread especially for an asian hotel, but the quality is great.
- service: they've always done whatever they can to help if needed.
- price: as a cat 4 hotel with all of the above, 15k or cert is an exceptional value.

i've stayed here maybe 10-12 times and look forward to coming each time.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Questions on Regency Suite please

There will be 3 of us in the Regency King Suite. Can the third adult sleep on the couch? It looks small. Would a rollaway be needed? Does the sliding door separating the bedroom and the living area close completely. The adult in the living area snores loudly and usually only a completely closed door stops the noise.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The couch is definitely small.. a rollaway is going to be cramped, but there will likely be a charge for it.
This is definitely my favorite Hyatt in HK. Although that's not saying much since the options are just limited.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The door does not stop loud noise and the (nice designery) couch is not particularly useful for sleeping. Even for my kids we used airbeds.
This is not a suite i would book with 3 adults.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
There is a somewhat long hallway between the door and the T-intersection to the living room and the bathroom. We have set up the roll away bed in the hall way at night so it is furthest away from the bedroom for the same noise issue.

Without status, they might charge you for the roll away.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Can anyone weigh in on 2 adults with 1 child (age 9). Will they include rollaway for extra charge? Is it necessary to book club with child as third guest?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Can anyone weigh in on 2 adults with 1 child (age 9). Will they include rollaway for extra charge? Is it necessary to book club with child as third guest?
If your booking requested for a rollaway, they will save you one and there is a charge unless you are a Diamond member.

Any Club room get you access to the Regency Club. Children 12 and under normally don't impact room rate.

If you are asking if you should get a suite for the 3 of you, my suggestion is save your money. Normal room with a rollaway will fit all 3 of you. We have done it with King+rollaway for 2 adults and kids 12 & 8. If your kid don't kick like my in their sleep, 2 twin beds room might work too to save you rollaway bed cost.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 168
If your booking requested for a rollaway, they will save you one and there is a charge unless you are a Diamond member.

Any Club room get you access to the Regency Club. Children 12 and under normally don't impact room rate.

If you are asking if you should get a suite for the 3 of you, my suggestion is save your money. Normal room with a rollaway will fit all 3 of you. We have done it with King+rollaway for 2 adults and kids 12 & 8. If your kid don't kick like my in their sleep, 2 twin beds room might work too to save you rollaway bed cost.
I was trying to figure out if they'd allow a rollaway in a standard room (b/c I want to use points) or if I had to book club. I went ahead and emailed them and was told I cannot use points for a 2 adult/1 child room period. Blanket statement. I was offered a revenue Premier Deluxe room with the added comment that they would provide a rollaway free of charge. So I guess what this means is that a family of 3 (incl child <12) cannot use points at this location, even if sharing existing bedding. That just seems highly restrictive.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
So I guess what this means is that a family of 3 (incl child <12) cannot use points at this location, even if sharing existing bedding. That just seems highly restrictive.
They do not allow 3 guests in a base room, regardless whether you're using points or cash.

If you'd been in one of these rooms you would understand. They are tiny. I don't think you could fit a rollaway in there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.