Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I asked if I could do it via email because it's difficult for me to do on the phone during business hours. I responded to all their specific questions this morning via email.

I did tell them I would be able to do a follow up via phone if they were able to give me an exact time.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I asked if I could do it via email because it's difficult for me to do on the phone during business hours. I responded to all their specific questions this morning via email.

I did tell them I would be able to do a follow up via phone if they were able to give me an exact time.
For me, 2 people contacted me, one from the property itself, a Judson S. and one from WOH Shane C.

Both offered condolences as to how bad the program was. Judson promised some points to show good faith (yet to post from over a week ago) and Shane, who I emailed had no response...

Hyatt - don't make promises you wont keep. If there is no expectation there is no disappointment!
Old May 22, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
For me, 2 people contacted me, one from the property itself, a Judson S. and one from WOH Shane C.

Both offered condolences as to how bad the program was. Judson promised some points to show good faith (yet to post from over a week ago) and Shane, who I emailed had no response...

Hyatt - don't make promises you wont keep. If there is no expectation there is no disappointment!
that gun smoke you smell is Hyatt shooting themselves in the foot
Old May 22, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
I am halfway there at 30/60, i have 10 more nights planned solid. I then plan on the last 20 nights to be in Q4 so that I don't cross the 60 night threshold too early.
Why is it bad to reach 60 nights too soon? I'm at 47 and have been looking forward to getting requalification over with. I'm curious about what that "personal concierge" is like and would also like to stay at some of my favorite non-Hyatts without worrying about whether this means I won't be getting free breakfasts and lounge access next year.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
Why is it bad to reach 60 nights too soon? I'm at 47 and have been looking forward to getting requalification over with. I'm curious about what that "personal concierge" is like and would also like to stay at some of my favorite non-Hyatts without worrying about whether this means I won't be getting free breakfasts and lounge access next year.
The thinking behind reaching 60 nights too early is that your new TSU's will be issued as soon as you hit 60 and will expire 1 year from the issue date. I was thinking if I got them in like October, that would be bad because I would probably not be able to apply them around the Christmas holiday season because 2 months notice will be hard to find suites available.

One travel blogger was saying that its best to wait, if you can, to the last possible date in the calendar year to pass 60 so you have a chance to apply them for the entire new calendar year with enough advance notice to find suites available.

I can see the logic around this explanation and its yet another expiration date you have to keep track of under their new WoH program
Old May 22, 2017, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It really is just silly that TSUs don't just expire at either the end of the calendar year after you earned the status or at the end of Feb of the year after that.

Hyatt really seems to have not thought this aspect through, among others.

I hit $10K in spend, so I have a free night to use within 120 days (now less). Good chance I'll use it very, very sub-optimally.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
The thinking behind reaching 60 nights too early is that your new TSU's will be issued as soon as you hit 60 and will expire 1 year from the issue date. I was thinking if I got them in like October, that would be bad because I would probably not be able to apply them around the Christmas holiday season because 2 months notice will be hard to find suites available.
Originally Posted by josephstern
It really is just silly that TSUs don't just expire at either the end of the calendar year after you earned the status or at the end of Feb of the year after that.

I hit $10K in spend, so I have a free night to use within 120 days (now less). Good chance I'll use it very, very sub-optimally.
Thanks. I thought it must be something along these lines. I also got a 120-day certificate -- for reaching 30 nights? -- which will expire soon and which I will therefore use for an upcoming night at a not-very-expensive Hyatt which I had planned to have as a qualifying night.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
Thanks. I thought it must be something along these lines. I also got a 120-day certificate -- for reaching 30 nights? -- which will expire soon and which I will therefore use for an upcoming night at a not-very-expensive Hyatt which I had planned to have as a qualifying night.
Exactly, all part of Hyatt's hope for breakage around the certs.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere

I've been dealing with Shane C, and he responded same day to my review email.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:05 am

Back on topic, am at 39 now and will be at 43 by the end of May. Have been contacted by the WoH engagement team but they haven't followed up...seems somewhat typical of this debacle of a program.
I also was contacted several weeks ago by email to fill out a survey in advance of a focus group in DC, where I live. I filled it out, and have not heard anything further. I agree it seems typical of how things seems to be going with them. Must be total chaos there.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exactly, all part of Hyatt's hope for breakage around the certs.
And around the TSUs.

Instead of breakage, it sounds like people are just fleeing.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
I also was contacted several weeks ago by email to fill out a survey in advance of a focus group in DC, where I live. I filled it out, and have not heard anything further. I agree it seems typical of how things seems to be going with them. Must be total chaos there.
I think there's more to Jeff's leaving than meets the eye
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Where's everyone at as of today? Am at 50 nights and am now shutting my stays down till December. Anyone else in the same boat?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Where's everyone at as of today? Am at 50 nights and am now shutting my stays down till December. Anyone else in the same boat?
9 nights and continuing heavy concentration with Starriot/Hilton. I'd really like to continue with Hyatt but my travels and their hotels just don't pair up to 60 nights.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
9 nights and continuing heavy concentration with Starriot/Hilton. I'd really like to continue with Hyatt but my travels and their hotels just don't pair up to 60 nights.
I am finding myself with "dsquard37" I am halfway but will more than likely hit my usual 50. Oh well, at least I have my LFT PLT with Marriott to fall back on

The other reason is I am seeing less value first part of the year lots of upgrades after that downhill rapidly even the hotels I have been staying at for years. Majority of the time I get the exact room type reserved. Let alone who the hell can say "Globalist" with a straight face? I think this was a huge over reach by someone.

Last edited by edgewood49; Jun 29, 2017 at 8:07 am Reason: more info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.