Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:50 pm

Am at 59 nights and will be over 60 in May. Typically 100+ nights per year and should hit lifetime in 2018 after 5 years. No particular complaints about WoH from me.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
1 stay for 4 nights. Not trying to requalify. Still on that path.

Cheers
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Burning down points. 1 points stay for 2 nights. Have 11 nights booked through 12/31. Have chosen Accor and Marriott (lifetime plat) for my 150-170 nights this year.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'm on track for 30 nights by end of June and then will have to stretch to get 60 nights by end of the year. I can do it but its starting to make me think of alternative programs. I really, really dislike that my full points redemption stays don't count towards my 60 night requalification. That might be the deal breaker for me with Hyatt....
Old May 1, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Burning down points. 1 points stay for 2 nights. Have 11 nights booked through 12/31. Have chosen Accor and Marriott (lifetime plat) for my 150-170 nights this year.
Just curious, why push Marriott if you already have lifetime status and easily the nights to qualify for Hyatt's top tier?

The bonuses for those staying 70-100 nights far outweigh the negative changes
Old May 1, 2017, 9:17 pm

20/60 with forward bookings to 47/60. I'm a bit torn: experience in the new program has been good but finding those extra 13 nights could mean losing SPG PLT 75 ( maybe that doesn't mean much as a LT PLT but in the merged entity who knows).
Old May 2, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Except they may have not factored in that some of the 25 stay crowd actually spent as much, or more, on some of their stays than the road warriors who spend more per night but less overall.

My spa bills alone would be for nearly a another week at a hotel.

So while I may have done mattress runs to get to the 25 stays, overall, I spent as much, if not more, than the road warriors.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Except they may have not factored in that some of the 25 stay crowd actually spent as much, or more, on some of their stays than the road warriors who spend more per night but less overall.

My spa bills alone would be for nearly a another week at a hotel.

So while I may have done mattress runs to get to the 25 stays, overall, I spent as much, if not more, than the road warriors.
which hotel program would your 25 stays and high spa bills qualify you for top tier? I can't think of any. With that said, I really feel like this is overall a move to spend based tiering like we see in airlines so perhaps eventually your class of spend will qualify you. To be fair, Hyatt had the lowest bar of entry (yes limited reach) of any major program by a long shot.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My point was that if they are going after the road warriors, well, I probably spend more or as much as they do. So they've excluded people from their target market based solely on nights spent in a hotel.

Quite frankly, there are a lot of $100 range HPs that would get them Globalist without a whole lot of spend. In some places, there are sub-$100 per nights at certain times of the year.

So who do they really want? People who spend in the $7k a year vicinity and get 60 nights, or those who spend 35 or 40 nights a year and spend in the $10k+ vicinity because they're in higher cost properties and eat in the restaurants and use the spa?
Old May 2, 2017, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by austin_modern
which hotel program would your 25 stays and high spa bills qualify you for top tier? I can't think of any. With that said, I really feel like this is overall a move to spend based tiering like we see in airlines so perhaps eventually your class of spend will qualify you. To be fair, Hyatt had the lowest bar of entry (yes limited reach) of any major program by a long shot.
SPG was, and still is, 25 stays.

It will likely change, but hasn't yet, so your premise is a bit odd.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by dsquared37
SPG was, and still is, 25 stays.

It will likely change, but hasn't yet, so your premise is a bit odd.
the merger will clear 25 at spg as being an option as you inferred. Then it'll be 75 nights.

My point is that the 25 stay is effectively done across all major programs so it's not even an option elsewhere. Hyatts just merging with the rest of the herd. So someone complaining about its loss is sort of moot cause they're not going to get top tier treatment anywhere else for that stay pattern.

If by some miracle marriot takes the 25 night spg had there will be a bunch of people flocking there. I doubt it will happen when the programs completely merge.

In the end of the day, eventually it will settle out to total spend with the programs like the airlines then we can all stop bickering about who's stays are more valuable. It'll be either you spend 20k/yr or you don't.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
the merger will clear 25 at spg as being an option as you inferred. Then it'll be 75 nights.
But, contrary to what you wrote, it isn't yet.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
My point was that if they are going after the road warriors, well, I probably spend more or as much as they do. So they've excluded people from their target market based solely on nights spent in a hotel.

Quite frankly, there are a lot of $100 range HPs that would get them Globalist without a whole lot of spend. In some places, there are sub-$100 per nights at certain times of the year.

So who do they really want? People who spend in the $7k a year vicinity and get 60 nights, or those who spend 35 or 40 nights a year and spend in the $10k+ vicinity because they're in higher cost properties and eat in the restaurants and use the spa?
I got an interesting email yesterday regarding my last stay in Orlando. I had commented on the hotel survey that I was and have been disappointed in any real benefits of being a "Globalist) HATE THAT name, to which I received an email from someone at Hyatt Corp asking if I would agree to talk to them about my comments. So I am waiting to hear from them.

At this point I am a third of the way and while I have plenty of forward reservations the "footprint" for me could be of issue. That and the lack of that warm and fuzzy from Hyatt. Will keep everyone posted
Old May 2, 2017, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The real issue here is they didn't add additional value for those staying 60 nights nor did they think about people who stay 200 nights who split top tier programs. Many of those road warriors are considering not doing hyatt. They need some tweaks.
An equally significant problem is they failed to make Explorist competitive, which means that those of us who can easily make 30 nights but not 60 have no incentive to direct any stays to Hyatt. That was just incredibly dense of them to basically kiss off a large chunk of their existing customer base.

This too. Number of nights does not necessarily translate to revenue generation.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
[QUOTE=Kacee;28256889]An equally significant problem is they failed to make Explorist competitive, which means that those of us who can easily make 30 nights but not 60 have no incentive to direct any stays to Hyatt. That was just incredibly dense of them to basically kiss off a large chunk of their existing customer base.

Explorist mid tier benefits are very weak yet takes 30 nights to achieve. Both Marriott and Hilton Gold have better benefits and can be achieved easily. Hyatt basically is pushing these customers to other chains.

I did 30 stays and 60 nights with $16K spending last year but decided not to requalify this year. It doesn't make sense to chase the status with lots of out of way, higher price point Hyatt stays. The new program only rewards big $$$ spender.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.