Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
8/60 as an Explorist don't expect many more unless something crazy happens.

Focusing on Marriott/SPG and Hilton - much high value props. Long-term more interested in maintaining my Marriott Plat status which gets me UA Silver (been able to get free E+ at T-24 every time and even been upgraded a handful of times) and DL domestic upgrades (via the free Marriott Plat to SPG Plat status match and DL/SPG Crossover benefits). Plus Hilton has had good points promos for a while that are much higher ROIs than Hyatt and has a footprint in parts of Europe I'm heading to in the next month that no one else has.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
21/60 YTD, plus 5 award nights that don't count.
10 more nights booked through end of July.
It'll be a stretch to make 60, although I am willing to give it a try.
I have SPG LTP, I'll just drop Hilton.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
I've got 2 stays so far as a Glob; burned a couple of DSUs in Jan.
Moved stays over to Fairmont; now a Fairmont Platinum.
I have a few hundred K of Hyatt points to burn so I'll do a bunch of P+Cs this year to get rid of most of my points. Any remaining points will be burned in 2018.
I'll also try to hit 10 different brands for the two free nights.

Originally Posted by austin_modern
The quarterly REVPAR doesnt seem to agree with you. If everyone was pissed REVPAR would be getting crushed, and it is not. Random whining on the net != business movements.
?? First quarter numbers aren't out until the first week of May. In the fourth quarter, Hyatt was expecting 2017 systemwide REVPAR to be 0 to 2%. http://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123550

Last edited by iflyjetz; Apr 21, 2017 at 10:47 pm Reason: Autocorrect sux
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
46 nights to date, I am now rationing Hyatt stays to make sure I don't hit 60 before December.
Originally Posted by roder
Continuing to progress further with the current dbl points promo (as weak as it is) but will hold short of 60 until as late as possible in the year. Probably will keep it around 50-55 so i can stay at a Hyatt if "I want to"

I'm Marriott (and now SPG) Plat for Life so will just move back to those properties for stays during the balance of the year.
Same here, I'll hit 59 nights next week and will stop Hyatt stays until the end of the year. The remainder of my nights this year will probably go to SPG, Hilton and IHG instead. to the expiration policies on the suite upgrades/free nights...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:10 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
It's an extremely smart move to hit 60 night as late in the year as possible. I hit 60 nights in early April, and now I'm stuck with:
  1. Four suite upgrades which expire in April 2018 (in addition to my four which expire in February 2018) ... and therefore NO available upgrades from early April 2018 through February 2019. This sucks.
  2. A free night at any Hyatt (category 1-7) which expires in August 2017 ... and no chance to earn another one until well into 2018.
It's strange that a "top-level" guest who earns the "top-level" awards will actually spend more weeks (on the calendar) without the award (because it expired) than with the award. And the sooner you earn the awards, the more months you'll spend (at the distant end of the graph) without the award. In short, Hyatt punishes their early qualifiers, big-time.

Whoever came up with the new structure for expiration dates must have been on drugs.
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Same here, I'll hit 59 nights next week and will stop Hyatt stays until the end of the year. The remainder of my nights this year will probably go to SPG, Hilton and IHG instead. to the expiration policies on the suite upgrades/free nights...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Agree.... there is no way I would requalify earlier than December due to the expiration issue.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I "only" need 51 more!

Actually, I have no intention of making anything this year and will just reap the benefits through February of next year. I've enjoyed and/or will enjoy stays at PHPV, GH Kauai and GH Playa del Carmen with this status.

If I ever go for it again, I'll do a bunch of mattress runs in January and February (when rates are cheap in my area). That's what I did in 2016 to get me about 21 months of Diamond/Globalist (and used to be my every other year airline approach to top tier). Of course, it's a little more difficult now.
I am almost halfway having said that at this point I am totally disappointed in the new program. I am seeing less not more. Suite upgrades are slim to none and have found that unless you ask you won't get. I am also fighting the smaller footprint of Hyatt versus Marriott which I have been LFT PLT for years. Told my wife yesterday that this might be the last year as top tier.

Sad, very sad after all these years of loyalty. It's for me all about footprint and my travel.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
[*]Four suite upgrades which expire in April 2018 (in addition to my four which expire in February 2018) ... and therefore NO available upgrades from early April 2018 through February 2019.
Wouldn't you get another four if you stay on the treadmill and requalified again by, say, April 2018 for the 2019 year? Of course, if you start "slacking" next year and only qualify late in the year you would have a gap.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I am almost halfway having said that at this point I am totally disappointed in the new program. I am seeing less not more. Suite upgrades are slim to none and have found that unless you ask you won't get. I am also fighting the smaller footprint of Hyatt versus Marriott which I have been LFT PLT for years. Told my wife yesterday that this might be the last year as top tier.

Sad, very sad after all these years of loyalty. It's for me all about footprint and my travel.
Weren't you a big supporter of the new World of Hyatt program just a few months ago? This post appears to be quite a turnaround in sentiment.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Whoever came up with the new structure for expiration dates must have been on drugs.
You can get additional suite upgrade certs for every 10 additional nights above 60, at least to 100. So you could get another 4 certs with later expiration dates.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
By mid May I'll be at 40 nights and due to the award expirations issues I will take a break from Hyatt so I don't re-qualify until December 2017.

75% of my travel is international and so far have a 100% suite upgrade success rate, I was upgraded to a stunning suite at a Park Hyatt last week. But... I really hate be called a "Globalist" the name is degrading, childish like. On all my guest surveys I'm giving in the World of Hyatt a ZERO.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by itsallgood
Weren't you a big supporter of the new World of Hyatt program just a few months ago? This post appears to be quite a turnaround in sentiment.
Oh yes I was and still a fan of Hyatt. Having said that so far I am disappointed in the "new" program. Suite upgrades are far and few between, hell out of 21 nights so far this year I would guess that 75% were exactly the room type reserved sans 'upgrade" and of the upgraded room at least 70 % were a result of saying something to the agent, most light hearted but others is asking directly. Marriott does a much better job of that.

As I look forward at my pending travel schedule I am not sure the new benchmark is going to happen and hey so be it. Where I will miss it the most is on my international travel which is where Hyatt does it best. Saving grace there for me is Marriott bought SPG

One final note my disappointment is not so much the qualification as it is the actual program now. There is not one thing that has made me satisfied so far. I see less not more. And frankly Globalist, really I refer to myself to top tier when talking to the desk agent.

Last edited by edgewood49; Apr 23, 2017 at 7:06 pm
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:01 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Yes, you can choose one suite upgrade certificate or 10,000 points. The points are by far the wisest choice.

The reasonable, rational way to design the new program would be if the certificates expire exactly when the status expires (February 2019). Hyatt chose to make the perks expire based on the date they were earned, thus punishing people who stay more often. But it seems to me that a loyalty program should REWARD, rather than punish, frequent travel.
You can get additional suite upgrade certs for every 10 additional nights above 60, at least to 100. So you could get another 4 certs with later expiration dates.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Oh yes I was and still a fan of Hyatt. Having said that so far I am disappointed in the "new" program. Suite upgrades are far and few between, hell out of 21 nights so far this year I would guess that 75% were exactly the room type reserved sans 'upgrade" and of the upgraded room at least 70 % were a result of saying something to the agent, most light hearted but others is asking directly. Marriott does a much better job of that.

As I look forward at my pending travel schedule I am not sure the new benchmark is going to happen and hey so be it. Where I will miss it the most is on my international travel which is where Hyatt does it best. Saving grace there for me is Marriott bought SPG

One final note my disappointment is not so much the qualification as it is the actual program now. There is not one thing that has made me satisfied so far. I see less not more. And frankly Globalist, really I refer to myself to top tier when talking to the desk agent.
It's good to hear that you've finally seen the light with respect to World of Hyatt. In many ways, Hyatt's successfully transformed itself from first choice to last choice for many.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:24 pm

It's good to hear that you've finally seen the light with respect to World of Hyatt. In many ways, Hyatt's successfully transformed itself from first choice to last choice for many.
Look you don't know my background but I have fairly deep ties to several hospitality companies( on a personal level with the families) along with too damn much travel over the years. And being in the construction industry. I have for the most part enjoyed my loyalty over the years and yes I understand todays economics. The venture / equity capitol is forever changing things. In my industry on the supply side they have contributed to a substantial material price increases.

On hotels they are bleeding the properties dry without any investment in maintenance or upkeep.

I did have hopes however that is gone and I agree with many of the posters of past. And I had the $$%#%$ to admit it online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.