Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
No stay with hyatt yet. Pretty sure that im gonna make globalist again this year.

Maybe ended up around 10 nights.
Average spend of USD 2,000 per night? Strong
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by frogss29
Excuse my ignorance, but if you would have no trouble reaching 60 nights/year OR $20,000 spend why is everyone against Hyatt now?
You still get best available room plus now get a suite (if available)
Breakfast is still included.
Club access is still available.
Now resort fees are free.
Only thing we aren't getting is 1,000 points or amenity.
Or am I missing something?????
Marriotts Footprint >> Hyatts Footprint

Marriott was always my backup before although I usually preferred Hyatt when it was available. Now, with the new requirements, i'm not throwing 20-30 nights driving 1-2 hours to stay at a Hyatt from where I have to stay/work when there's a courtyard 5 minutes away.

Last edited by edcho; Apr 20, 2017 at 9:27 am
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Excuse my ignorance, but if you would have no trouble reaching 60 nights/year OR $20,000 spend why is everyone against Hyatt now?
I mostly agree with you - but I get my nights from long-term Int'l stays, and mostly at the higher end locales (PH & GH in Asia etc)...so I'm still in

I've got 20 already, with 20 more committed by end of Aug...and other travel will come up, so shouldn't be an issue to reach my 60

I see where if you were primarily domestic (HP & HH) then the WOH program has def lost some of its luster
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
46 nights to date, I am now rationing Hyatt stays to make sure I don't hit 60 before December.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
?
clearly "everyone" isn't against Hyatt.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stargold
Average spend of USD 2,000 per night? Strong
My typo mistake
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by austin_modern
clearly "everyone" isn't against Hyatt.
You're right - there's you and that one other guy.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:36 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
oh... I'm the 3rd guy!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:14 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
oh... I'm the 3rd guy!
Nope, you're the other guy!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
You're right - there's you and that one other guy.
The quarterly REVPAR doesnt seem to agree with you. If everyone was pissed REVPAR would be getting crushed, and it is not. Random whining on the net != business movements.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Globalist with 34 nights. Continuing to progress further with the current dbl points promo (as weak as it is) but will hold short of 60 until as late as possible in the year. Probably will keep it around 50-55 so i can stay at a Hyatt if "I want to"

I'm Marriott (and now SPG) Plat for Life so will just move back to those properties for stays during the balance of the year.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by skj
Nope, you're the other guy!
then i'm the 3rd

but like i said - my year is typically long-term (10-14 night) stays at properties like GH/PHs- Seoul, Jakarta, HK, KL, BKK (now will try PH) Dubai, Tokyo, Beijing with an occasional London - Churchill, Paris - Louvre worked in

I generally know the staff - and they know me - and I have no complaints. Maybe I'm in my "box" and other options would be worth trying in those cities...but I have no complaints

and I'm also loyal to UA as well (2 mill, working on 3...)
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by rwm818
then i'm the 3rd

but like i said - my year is typically long-term (10-14 night) stays at properties like GH/PHs- Seoul, Jakarta, HK, KL, BKK (now will try PH) Dubai, Tokyo, Beijing with an occasional London - Churchill, Paris - Louvre worked in

I generally know the staff - and they know me - and I have no complaints. Maybe I'm in my "box" and other options would be worth trying in those cities...but I have no complaints

and I'm also loyal to UA as well (2 mill, working on 3...)
You are exactly the Glob that Hyatt wants and will somewhat reward.

In years past, I was the low-life that typically made Diamond on stays rather than nights. This year, I'll make it to 60 nights due to some 7- and 14-night stays this year.

In previous years, I gave up some full-service Marriotts for Hyatt Places in order to get my Hyatt stays over 25. This year and going forward, there just isn't any incentive to do that.

For the vast majority of folks who already know they won't hit 60 nights with Hyatt, the incentives to stay with Hyatt (and the level of love for Hyatt) dropped significantly.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:06 pm

15/60, but will stop at 30 this year. SPG / Marriott is going to get the majority of my business since the Hyatt footprint is wall to small to justify doing 60 nights a year for Globalist.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
It's a reasonable question.

First, the amenity was a pretty big benefit. Under the new criteria, it's a loss of up to 60K points on the way to top tier. I usually picked the amenity, so the loss for that is even higher IMO.

Second, it's an obvious problem for anyone staying fewer than 60 nights. It's even a problem for those staying 60 nights because the real requirement is closer to 70 nights. That's because there's an annual night, a night at 30 and a night at 60. For those of us with a credit card, which we'd be crazy not to have doing 60 paid nights, that's another night for a total of 64 nights.

But that's not all. On the way to the 60 nights, there will be more nights due to points "earned". So depending on the property and stay history, that could be another 6 nights or more.

So there we are. The top tier doesn't work unless we spend 20% of our year at a brand with a small footprint. That drops to 55, but will go right back up if there is a year of non-qualification.

Sure, Marriott requires 75 nights, but all nights count. Even their credit card counts towards nights, and a lot of them!

Finally, there is a lot of puffery in Hyatt's new program. For example, they make a big deal over staying at 5 or 10 brands, but that's a once-in-a-lifetime benefit. And don't get me started about the free 10-cent bottle of water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.