Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 8:24 pm

Seems like this location is much preferable to HR Sha Tin, hence the higher price and award costs. Good Harbour View Rooms but not amazing lounge. Did I miss anything? Grand Hyatt seems too rich for my blood.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:30 pm

I found it to be a good, solid HR (at least from a Diamond perspective) - although the lounge breakfast tended to be quite dull/uninspiring.

I personally think the DSU suite is decent enough. Not amazing, but there are a lot worse out there.

The service in the lounge (which will be the majority of your service interaction if you have lounge access) has always been fantastic.

And the view of the harbour from the lounge is great. Not quite a close-up like the IC, but still the double-floor height windows and the high floor makes it a stunning backdrop.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
They emailed me before arriving there pretending to be nice by saying what they can do to make my stay better blah and flight numbers blah blah and if I wanted a pick up, etc.
When I responded to 2, they said NO to an upgrade request, and No to borrow a small microwave for my child to heat his packaged foods that we were bringing with us. Was so rude by replying we have no cooking facilities. Also said it is 1K$ for pick up but I know pick up is not free so I didn't mind them quoting that price. They just wanted $$$$$ for anything and that's all they cared.
It's always better to be real about what to expect at a hotel.... these mails aren't "nice", they are automated and aimed at bringing in extra revenue.
Asking for a room upgrade as a platinum and free cooking materials (in a hotel with restaurants) isn't something you should expect a positive answer to. I'm sure that if you had asked, after check-in, if they could heat some of the babyfood they would have obliged.

Last edited by RTW1; Jan 31, 2016 at 11:17 pm
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:45 pm

Of the three Hyatt properties in HK, the Hyatt Regency TST has by far the best location in my opinion. View from the lounge is outstanding, and best place to watch firework over Victoria Harbor without the crowd and the cold weather. We did just that for new year's eve and definitely worth getting a club level room/suite for!

Lounge was not that good, very crowded with lots of running kids and loud people unfortunately. I was surprised that staff don't ask them to quite down, but maybe that is not in the local culture. Food is not that great, my husband got food poisoned or it could be just HK doesn't like him (which I doubt very much), so avoid anything that aren't fully cooked (such as the Salmon).

Dinner buffet downstairs was great but also very pricy. The VIP desk was able to get me a reservation for new year's eve even though it was sold out. I was grateful because I really want to try their buffet.

Overall, I would still pick this place the next time I am in HK.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by RTW1
... these mails aren't "nice", they are automated and aimed at bringing in extra revenue...
Neither are they unique, in my experience with several chains of late. Having not seen them - as much, anyway - until recently I suggest that it's the latest trend sweeping the industry - and within a broad trend that's intensifying in marketing in general - the vaunted upsell - more and more accompanied by unbundling.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by frenchie2
... and the cold weather. ...
A very stupid question from me: When does it get uncomfortably cold in Hong Kong? Not to be silly. I would go back there then. Thank you.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:56 pm

is it easy to get to the airport from this hotel? Looking to spend the 30th here and leave early morning.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
is it easy to get to the airport from this hotel? Looking to spend the 30th here and leave early morning.
I've always used uber, really easy and usually around 300HKD +/-
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not difficult. Taxi to Kowloon airport express 45 HKD, airport express 90 HKD. Total time is about 45 minutes.

Originally Posted by Firewind
A very stupid question from me: When does it get uncomfortably cold in Hong Kong?
Well lows were in the 30s two weeks ago.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:07 pm

There is a free shuttle that leaves every 15 minutes from the garage level of the hotel to the Kowloon station; you can take the Airport Express from there.

Note that it does make 6-7 stops before the station so if you are in a rush, a taxi to Kowloon station would be quicker (but more expensive).
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Was there recently and the room was very small and if you want bath tub, they didn't have it. I wish I knew the Holiday Inn was exactly in the same area.
No upgrade or anything for Platinum members and the assistant managers were so unhelpful. The Concierge phone line was non existent. No one picks up the call.
I had a Harbour View Room on the Club Floor and it had a large bathtub and shower.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:58 pm

Have a stay here in several weeks, part of the nights are points and paying for RC access. 2 of my nights are via the Free nights from the Hyatt Visa - any thoughts on if they will let me retain RC access those other 2 nights or let me pay an upcharge with points? (fwiw I'm plat)
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Thanks, Kacee. I had no idea.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Originally Posted by Firewind
Thanks, Kacee. I had no idea.
Transited HKG twice when temps were in low single digit C (aka 30s F) in late Jan. Quite a shock when the doors opened.

As well, somewhat humorous being the only pax at transit security in shorts and without a jacket.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Not difficult. Taxi to Kowloon airport express 45 HKD, airport express 90 HKD. Total time is about 45 minutes.

Hope that's in F!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.