Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

$900 charge on my credit card for using DSU

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$900 charge on my credit card for using DSU

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Ah, playing post police today, are we?
People rely on what's posted in these forums. It's important to be accurate.

fwiw, I've had this issue on one of my last four DSU upgrades. So no, I don't think "always" is correct.
Old May 8, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Thanks; I know it will get sorted out, just concerned about the time it will take to make sure it all works out. Also fear that there will be an issue when checking in. But Hyatt usually comes through so not overly concerned.

Mine also shows up as two rooms; I think they do this when you are given a connector room (i.e. technically two rooms with two different room numbers). My most recent Hyatt stay I was given a connector room without using a DSU; it showed up as two rooms about 24 hours before my stay. I was concerned I was being charged for two rooms, but when I checked in they explained it was a complimentary upgrade.
In my case, it wasn't a connector suite, although the hotel has them. When I've gotten the connector as an upgrade, it didn't show as two rooms on my reservation or receipt, although my key card had both room numbers and the key cards worked for both doors.
Old May 8, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Someone else wrote on here a while back about the MLife partnership (paraphrasing): The reason why Hyatt partnered with MLife is to make Hyatt's IT/website look less glitchy.

I love Hyatt but there are a lot of 'bugs'.

Originally Posted by Kacee
People rely on what's posted in these forums. It's important to be accurate.

fwiw, I've had this issue on one of my last four DSU upgrades. So no, I don't think "always" is correct.
OK, just keep to the same standard.
Did you check your reservation online immediately after applying a DSU? I was told by HGP - when it happened to me - that it's normal and gets adjusted back to the original rate within a few hours. Unless you check all of your reservations online immediately after using a DSU, 'always' may be correct. Until they fix that particular 'bug'.

Last edited by iflyjetz; May 8, 2015 at 11:23 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
*bump* I saw this thread a few weeks ago and glad that I did. I redeemed my first DSU yesterday and immediately after, I saw the full price for the suite on my reservation. However thanks to this thread, I just waited it out. I got about 3-4 more emails throughout the night and the price seems fixed now. (Which is great b/c I got a great BRG rate that is about $90/night cheaper than a regular room anyways.)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cdancer20
*bump* I saw this thread a few weeks ago and glad that I did. I redeemed my first DSU yesterday and immediately after, I saw the full price for the suite on my reservation. However thanks to this thread, I just waited it out. I got about 3-4 more emails throughout the night and the price seems fixed now. (Which is great b/c I got a great BRG rate that is about $90/night cheaper than a regular room anyways.)
Glad this helped and glad it worked itself out! I ended up having to contact Hyatt a couple of times to get it fixed, but in the end it all worked. Seems like a bug if others are having the same experience with being double charged.

Did your credit card get charged for the suite?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Glad this helped and glad it worked itself out! I ended up having to contact Hyatt a couple of times to get it fixed, but in the end it all worked. Seems like a bug if others are having the same experience with being double charged.

Did your credit card get charged for the suite?
No. However that might be partially b/c I had already paid the 1st night's deposit a few weeks ago. Though I will keep a look out for it. They have been known to not charge the deposit for days.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
There is a difference between getting a confirmation with the cost of the suite on it and being charged.

Often right after the reservation is made, the confirmation goes out with the cost on it and it is followed by another one showing that it is for a DSU. It's happened to me on just about every DSU booking.

To actually get charged is completely different, and that is an error. However, if the charge only showed as a pending change, it is very possible the system did it automatically when the reservation was made and wouldn't actually make it to the "sale" part of the credit card bill.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The pending charge could be a problem for someone who is close to being maxed out on the credit card's credit limit.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:17 am

It could be, but I was only mentioning that pending charges don't always make it to the sale portion of the bill.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
There is a difference between getting a confirmation with the cost of the suite on it and being charged.

Often right after the reservation is made, the confirmation goes out with the cost on it and it is followed by another one showing that it is for a DSU. It's happened to me on just about every DSU booking.

To actually get charged is completely different, and that is an error. However, if the charge only showed as a pending change, it is very possible the system did it automatically when the reservation was made and wouldn't actually make it to the "sale" part of the credit card bill.
I believe mine was an error because it was a fully processed charged on my Hyatt Visa.

Hopefully others aren't having this happen.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:30 pm

Agree.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
I had this problem again a week ago. Upgraded a C+P booking with a DSU. Checked the reservation ~36 hours later and showed the wrong rate. Called and they fixed it; said it would take a few hours for the computer to sweep and adjust the rate back down.
Checked the reservation a few hours later and rate was back to being correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.