Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:14 pm

The date on our voucher starts February 1. So it's possible they might be giving them to reservations up until then.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:33 pm

Ziva/Zilara restaurants location

After my stay I thought it would be helpful to use their Facebook picture to explain where are hotel restaurants to those wanting to visit.

This picture is not an accurate view of the current site, beach is absolutetly different and there are other noticeable changes (for example, Ziva side has 2 "hot" tubs and this picture shows only 1). Anyway, it may give a better understanding to you all.

Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:25 pm

This is very helpful. Many thanks. It seems as if it would be a long walk in rain or great heat/humidity from Zilara to some of the eating establishments in Ziva.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:45 pm

Seeing this picture makes me wonder why people have said they don't have a 'walking beach'. It looks like you can walk on the sand from Zilara to Ziva, which people have been describing as a 'long' walk.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by luckyprincessmelody
Seeing this picture makes me wonder why people have said they don't have a 'walking beach'. It looks like you can walk on the sand from Zilara to Ziva, which people have been describing as a 'long' walk.
As I said, the real beach is absolutely different from this one of the mockup picture. In fact you don't have a walking beach. It is not as long as shown, it goes from Zilara side to the old Ziva building on the left. The new commercial block (will all restaurants) doesn't have a beach, just lots of rocks.

Also, chairs all over the place in a small and inclined sand strip doesn't make a great place to walk.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Has anyone seen a "Zilara Ocean Front Butler Junior Suite" in person yet? It seems to be the cheapest yet largest of the larger (i.e. greater than 1,000 sq ft) suite categories listed, and doesn't seem to be a bad value compared to the base room prices with the initial grand opening sale prices. I'm curious how they made a 1,201 sq ft junior suite, when all the more expensive one-bedroom suites are under 1,200 sq ft. Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by henrique.catalao
As I said, the real beach is absolutely different from this one of the mockup picture. In fact you don't have a walking beach. It is not as long as shown, it goes from Zilara side to the old Ziva building on the left. The new commercial block (will all restaurants) doesn't have a beach, just lots of rocks.

Also, chairs all over the place in a small and inclined sand strip doesn't make a great place to walk.
Ahh, ok. Great to know, thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:40 pm

So as I said I'm new here but I'm a huge fan of detailed, picture heavy reviews. Especially since my friend and I will be hanging solo sometimes it will give me ample time to take a good pic review. Can I just make a new thread in this forum to post it when I get back or should I put it under the trip reports?

Also if anyone wants me to try to get a picture of something specific I'll be there Jan 24 - 28th and will try my best to oblige! We plan on lounging around, going to the restaurants and hitting the music shows but have decided to try Margaritaville and also the night time Rose Hall House tour and will review those as well.

Melody
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy platinum
Originally Posted by luckyprincessmelody
Better wear shoes. The construction debris is plentiful and you'll have to dodge the 3-4 ft high mounds of seaweed.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:00 pm

Just posted some pics from my cellphone.

http://imgur.com/a/jiJG8

I also have scanned the Zilara Room Service menu, I'll try posting later.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by henrique.catalao
Just posted some pics from my cellphone.

http://imgur.com/a/jiJG8

I also have scanned the Zilara Room Service menu, I'll try posting later.
Very interesting photos. Thanks.

What was the nature of the event that had all of the banquet tables on the lawn?

Will be grateful to see Zilara Room Service menu.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:57 pm

amazing!

First night of honeymoon here and everything is amazing. The resort is relatively empty. I've heard around 50%. Calypzo was great for lunch and the French restaurant was amazing. They had a waiter come out and sing a beautiful song to my wife. Service is top notch, food is great (they made us a lobster tail even though it wasn't on the menu). If you have super high expectations, then you shouldn't book a brand new resort. I'm sure it makes a difference with how many guests are here but I wouldn't hesitate to come down !
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:19 am

Up early because I has to wake up at 2am yesterday to drive to the airport. I created a Flickr page and my username is yannuccimd and should be public. Asked for a room service menu and spa menu at check in. Room service is adequate. Much better selection if you just go to the restaurant you want. 5 minute walk end to end that can be made almost entirely indoor, end to end. Construction seems to be dwindling. Still hear some sawing and hammering but barely notice it. Still landscaping going on but nothing to bad. Pools are a bit chilly (even coming from Ohio) but refreshing in the hot sun. Same with "hot tubs" although one couple we talked to were in a hot one on the Ziva side today.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by observer
Very interesting photos. Thanks.

What was the nature of the event that had all of the banquet tables on the lawn?

Will be grateful to see Zilara Room Service menu.
New Year's Eve gala dinner. It was awesome. Enjoyed a lot the band and the party after that.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:44 am

Thank You

Hi, first post here but I have been following this thread with interest. We are booked starting Feb. 6th in an Oceanfront Junior Butler Suite in Zilara, I wonder where those are exactly. It doesn't seem like there are many "oceanfront" rooms on the Zilara side. I have sure been anxious about this trip having been following the long thread here and on Trip Advisior for the last few months since booking. I know we booked at a discounted rate but it was still a LOT of money for the week (for us at least.)

I'd like to thank everyone so much for the photos, and for checking and reporting on your vacations!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.