Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
The best option would be connecting rooms st the PH. One view room for patent(s), connecting with a twin bedded room for the kids. The hotel has a family offer which gives a substantial discount on the second room.
How do you book the family offer?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
How do you book the family offer?
Have to call/write and ask for it.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:29 am

I have a room booked for June for my family, and the hotel proactively reached out to tell me that standard rooms are max three (we have two kids ages 9 and 12). I explained that my parents are staying there at the same time so they put all of us in two connecting rooms instead. So they seemed fairly strict about the maximum occupancy at least in our case.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's Japan, they tend to be rather strict in everything. But that's not always a bad thing.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sfmom
I have a room booked for June for my family, and the hotel proactively reached out to tell me that standard rooms are max three (we have two kids ages 9 and 12). I explained that my parents are staying there at the same time so they put all of us in two connecting rooms instead. So they seemed fairly strict about the maximum occupancy at least in our case.
That's interesting-- we stayed last summer at the PH with two kids (aged 6 and 9) and they had no problem letting us stay in one room. Maybe because the kids were younger than yours? For what it is worth, it worked out extremely well for us because the "twin" beds are so large there (bigger than those at the Grand Hyatt and the HR).
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Andaz large king in February. Can't go wrong with the nice bathtub, view and nutella brioche toast in the morning!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimsey21
That's interesting-- we stayed last summer at the PH with two kids (aged 6 and 9) and they had no problem letting us stay in one room. Maybe because the kids were younger than yours? For what it is worth, it worked out extremely well for us because the "twin" beds are so large there (bigger than those at the Grand Hyatt and the HR).
Two adults and two children can stay in any room at PHT.

While PHT considers children up to age 13 12, the booking engine lets you enter children up to age 18.

If you're willing to take the risk, book your teenagers and take printoutso of screenshots to plead your case with.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Also going to be in Tokyo for less than 24 hours in a few weeks and can't decide on which Hyatt. I guess I will probably go with whichever Cat 6 has a Cash+Points for the night I am there. If there isn't any, then I have to choose -- $500 or the HR for $250.... hmmmm.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Two adults and two children can stay in any room at PHT.

While PHT considers children up to age 13 12, the booking engine lets you enter children up to age 18.

If you're willing to take the risk, book your teenagers and take printoutso of screenshots to plead your case with.
Whatever the rules are, I'm glad to hear we can fit four in a room. My dad is a very loud snorer, and nobody but my mom can tolerate it.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
FYI, FoundersCard ($395/year) just added a ¥35,000/nt rate for Andaz Rooms at the Andaz Tokyo. It's on-par or better than the corporate rate codes I've used in the past.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zoomgirl
Also going to be in Tokyo for less than 24 hours in a few weeks and can't decide on which Hyatt. I guess I will probably go with whichever Cat 6 has a Cash+Points for the night I am there. If there isn't any, then I have to choose -- $500 or the HR for $250.... hmmmm.
Hope you can get Andaz.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
DSU at PH or GK?

I'm planning a week at the various Tokyo Hyatts in September: 1 night at Andaz, 3 at HR, 2 at PH, and 2 at GH.

I have 2 2014 DSUs left, and thought I would apply one at HR, but would like some feedback as to whether I should use the other one at PH or GH. Assuming there is still suite availability when the 2015 DSUs become available in March I would use for the other property.

Thanks for any opinions.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I'm planning a week at the various Tokyo Hyatts in September: 1 night at Andaz, 3 at HR, 2 at PH, and 2 at GH.

I have 2 2014 DSUs left, and thought I would apply one at HR, but would like some feedback as to whether I should use the other one at PH or GH. Assuming there is still suite availability when the 2015 DSUs become available in March I would use for the other property.

Thanks for any opinions.
Since you will remain a Diamond next year, I would choose using the DSU at Park Hyatt. But that's just a personal preference...either one is a very good use of DSU.

If you were falling to Platinum, I would choose the Grand Hyatt, because their suites come with lounge access.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Since you will remain a Diamond next year, I would choose using the DSU at Park Hyatt. But that's just a personal preference...either one is a very good use of DSU.

If you were falling to Platinum, I would choose the Grand Hyatt, because their suites come with lounge access.
Thanks. Do you know which has more entry-level suites? That might mean more availability when I try to apply another DSU in March. Also, it might be meaningful that we're at the PH on weekdays (Wed & Thu) and at the GH on Fri and Sat.

Also wondering if we should go for 2 nights each at Andaz and HR rather than one at Andaz and 3 at HR. My original thinking was that we'll only have a regular room at Andaz but a suite at HR, and I'm not so sure that the Andaz is really to our tastes. Plus there is the significant difference in rates (both P&C).
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Do you know which has more entry-level suites? That might mean more availability when I try to apply another DSU in March. Also, it might be meaningful that we're at the PH on weekdays (Wed & Thu) and at the GH on Fri and Sat.
I would think that, if there's availability for both now, there would be still be availability for both come March. September isn't a particularly popular time for tourism in Tokyo.

Also wondering if we should go for 2 nights each at Andaz and HR rather than one at Andaz and 3 at HR. My original thinking was that we'll only have a regular room at Andaz but a suite at HR, and I'm not so sure that the Andaz is really to our tastes. Plus there is the significant difference in rates (both P&C).
I would choose two nights at the Andaz. While I don't care for the design, the rooms are big and comfortable. And the Andaz has the best Diamond breakfast in Japan (yes, better than Park Hyatt)

Would that you were coming just a little bit earlier, you could walk over and say goodbye to the venerable main building of the Hotel Okura...but alas, that will be closing a couple of weeks before your trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.