Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok people, this is the last warning in this thread - KNOCK OFF THE BICKERING. Each person has a slightly different perspective on the situation and arguing about it isn't going to change anybody's mind. Next time bickering starts up again, this thread will be locked.

We'd prefer not to have to do that since there could be future developments on the situation which could be posted but I'm tired of issuing warnings on this thread.

Thanks!!

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
...but hyatt is quite clear that they will not honor the Santa Claus offer.
Doesn't Santa Claus usually bring gifts? All I got was a "sorry and, by the way, thanks for applying for the card and enjoy the Platinum benefits".

I was so upset I got the 80k IHG Visa today to show Hyatt

I got no time to fight this. If anyone has taken specific steps with success please PM me, thank you.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
After filing a case with consumer financial protection, we received a reply from Chase via mail stating the same thing, that the Diamond statement was in error and will not be honored. My attorney just sent a letter asking that they deliver the benefits as stated or face legal action. He thinks this will be an easy case and that they will bend over after a few letters as it is not worth their time in court.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
After filing a case with consumer financial protection, we received a reply from Chase via mail stating the same thing, that the Diamond statement was in error and will not be honored. My attorney just sent a letter asking that they deliver the benefits as stated or face legal action. He thinks this will be an easy case and that they will bend over after a few letters as it is not worth their time in court.
I hope Chase fights this to show it's probably not worth paying your "attorney" for whatever you could get. I imagine Chase can employ a legion of recent graduates of low-ranked law schools desperate for any sort of paying job.

Last edited by lawyertalk; Jan 9, 2014 at 9:55 pm
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thanks for providing some actual news. I hope your lawyer proves correct, and that you also receive compensation for lost time as a Diamond.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
I hope Chase fights this to show it's probably not worth paying your "attorney" for whatever you could get. I imagine Chase can employ a legion of recent graduates of low-ranked law schools desperate for any sort of paying job.
What is the point to out-lawyer each other? As an attorney you should know that once this goes to court anything can happen with it.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to use the money that you are paying for the attorney and pay for diamond amenities instead? Unless you are fighting for principal. Seems like a lot of time, money, effort when you can buy these things.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fishy21
Unless you are fighting for principal.
I don't think that he wants money, just Diamond status.

But he might also be fighting for principle...
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:55 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Be sure to include the part about how, when people applied for a credit card offer which was very obviously and clearly a mistake, their credit rating was horribly damaged and they are now entitled to free upgrades and free breakfast and free recognition as a VIP for life because of that damage. Be SURE to include that part because it's my very favorite part of this whole cockamamie status-grab attempt. The story is just not the same, if you leave out the terrible damages that people suffered while trying to rip off other people.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Be sure to include the part about how, when people applied for a credit card offer which was very obviously and clearly a mistake, their credit rating was horribly damaged and they are now entitled to free upgrades and free breakfast and free recognition as a VIP for life because of that damage. Be SURE to include that part because it's my very favorite part of this whole cockamamie status-grab attempt. The story is just not the same, if you leave out the terrible damages that people suffered while trying to rip off other people.
...and that will probably bring the hammer down on this thread once and for all. Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Seems like a lot of fuss trying to get something for nothing.

I was able to get Lifetime Gold Status with Hyatt for free without a lawyer. I would have to fly 25,000 miles each year on American to get that so I figured I just saved myself $5,000 a year.

It is all about perspective.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
Wow, what a useless post. These are the types that get threads locked. And yes, I have a real "attorney" who happens to be a friend doing this for free.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: A few
Wow, what a useless post. These are the types that get threads locked. And yes, I have a real "attorney" who happens to be a friend doing this for free.
I'll be curious to see how the legal case pans out. I wouldn't value the chances that high myself, though the chances of getting some kind of settlement out of Chase has to be quite high.

For all the other arm-chair lawyers in the thread I'd say the opinions are pretty worthless, it's the opinion of the judge that will count. And for those of you who got the middle finger from Chase/Hyatt and are not willing to see it through court, quit whining and move on with your lives
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:05 am

Ok despite my warning on thread last night, the bickering and personal commentary continues.

I'm locking this thread. If someone has actual updates, PM me with the info and I'll post it for you.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:30 am

PMed to me by a member.

I have been a Hyatt card holder for over 2 years, and when I saw this offer (friend forwarded me this offer), I cancelled my card and re-apply through the promo. Before submitting, I double checked with Chase by calling their CS line. And I have been guaranteed on the phone that if the landing page is a valid Chase application page, then any offer on the T&C will be honored by Hyatt.

I was approved. I sent emails to the Gold Passport service after I got my card. After a couple of email exchange I found that they just didn't care, not just the offer, but the attitude toward this mistake and its customer. Why? Because in the replied emails, they didn't even know who I am and what tier status I am, and how I have stayed with Hyatt. They didn't care who I was, they simply just wanted to get rid of me.

So I wrapped it all up and send the emails to Messrs. Hoplamazian and Zidell. And then Ms. Terrie Martin replied on behalf of the Messrs. But again, Ms Martin still failed to get my facts right. So I wrote back to clarify some misunderstandings and ask Ms. Martin to

"Please kindly address directly to my two points mentioned above, on behalf of Messrs. Hoplamazian and Zidell, in plain English, what is your attitude and decision toward a loyal customer entering the promotional offer in good faith, an offer confirmed to be valid by Chase, and promised to be unprejudiced toward any applicant. Your words, on behalf of Messrs. Hoplamazian and Zidell, in writing would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!"

These two points being
1) I have never "requested" for a Diamond Gold Passport status. I simply asked that you act according to the terms and conditions set out by Hyatt and Chase.

2) My application, hence the offer for Diamond Gold Passport membership, has already been approved by Chase and Hyatt. The credit card is currently in my possession and in good standing with Chase. Which fulfill to the very last word of the offer terms. You cannot un-approve a Chase credit card application offer. Your only course of action is to honor the offer as a reputable company should, or to dishonor the offer like most of the rogue companies do in the third world countries.

Then a week went by but I still have not heard back from her. So I sent an email to the Messrs again. The next day, Jeff wrote back to apologize the delay and promise that Ms. Martin would "follow up via telephone" when she returns.

I got a voicemail in my inbox two days later from Ms. Martin asking me to give her a call if I have any concerns regarding the matter.

I am traveling at the moment and have not had a chance to call. And of course I know nothing would change even if I call. But you can see very clearly from the correspondence that they would prefer not to refuse my two points mentioned above in writing, but to sort this out via telephone.

This shows that they still tried to avoid potential trouble by leaving written trail, especially from the top management. And this, by all means, said something about their attitude toward this incident and may or may not be an opportunity for those who would like to fight them in court.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.